TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut tower brace search

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the list I have so far...will have pictures of the 3 finishes early next week...material in and production is scheduled for next week...dropped off one to a local polisher for quote on the adder for the mirror polish to match the polished supercharger models. When I pick it up on monday I should be able to firm up pricing on all 3 finishes...they fit perfectly under the SS style hood and sit approx 1/2" above the supercharger...have delveloped some real cool graphics for those who want stripes or logo's...will need to get permission to use some of them. With the holidays and everybody basically closing the last 2 weeks of the month I should have product ready to ship the week of the 12th of January...If I can ship prior to then I will..I think this will solve the need we all feel should have been a part of the original SS conversion but we all knew that it was not included in the original build sheet and accepted that when we sent our cars for conversion.... so going forward it serves no purpose to chastise SAI for the omission. I firmly believe that had this been available they would have included it in the BOM because they(SAI)mission is to build the best aftermarket packages out there and that has always been their goal...alright I'll get off my soapbox now...sorry....Reg

Strut List

Polished: Shelby 08, GT500-2007, Shelby101

Black Ice: Robert M,MY500SS,knownukes,mitch07ss0113,hotrodric

Mill Finish Anodized:500forme,08SHELBYSS,BoneDoc,B Shelby,budweiser,shelby40,EUSMCBOB

Undecided finish:Lee

If possible I might change mine to polished to match my S/C, I'll let you know after I see the pics

Thanks for now

Here's the list I have so far...will have pictures of the 3 finishes early next week...material in and production is scheduled for next week...dropped off one to a local polisher for quote on the adder for the mirror polish to match the polished supercharger models. When I pick it up on monday I should be able to firm up pricing on all 3 finishes...they fit perfectly under the SS style hood and sit approx 1/2" above the supercharger...have delveloped some real cool graphics for those who want stripes or logo's...will need to get permission to use some of them. With the holidays and everybody basically closing the last 2 weeks of the month I should have product ready to ship the week of the 12th of January...If I can ship prior to then I will..I think this will solve the need we all feel should have been a part of the original SS conversion but we all knew that it was not included in the original build sheet and accepted that when we sent our cars for conversion.... so going forward it serves no purpose to chastise SAI for the omission. I firmly believe that had this been available they would have included it in the BOM because they(SAI)mission is to build the best aftermarket packages out there and that has always been their goal...alright I'll get off my soapbox now...sorry....Reg

Strut List

Polished: Shelby 08, GT500-2007, Shelby101, rhood, shelby40,cobrafan

Black Ice: Robert M,MY500SS,knownukes,mitch07ss0113,hotrodric, INDYSHELBY,DubbsFaris,

Mill Finish Anodized:500forme,08SHELBYSS,BoneDoc,B Shelby,budweiser,EUSMCBOB

Undecided finish:Lee

Put me down for a black one.

Here's some pictures of the polished and some body color with some different graphics I was playing around with. The polished look's great...hard to get a decent picture since it's so reflective...I only had them polish the top and sides not the underside since it's never seen. Didn't see any sense in spending extra $$..already cost an extra $75 for the polished vs the black or anodized. Will have pictures of the black and anodized tomorrow..had a little setback today...formed up some production pcs with the harder material....6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and the blank will have to be changed :banghead: ...so will have to tweak the tooling so it will push production back about a week but I want the parts to be perfect...going to try to get the blanks on the machining center before xmas...we've waited this long so an extra week won't hurt...feedback appreciated...thanks, Reg

post-2458-126093828436_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093829515_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093831198_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093833586_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093834754_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093828436_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093829515_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093831198_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093833586_thumb.jpg

post-2458-126093834754_thumb.jpg

Reg, have you done any flex testing on it to see if it really holds up under track use? If that bar starts to flex, you will end up with much cracking on the finish, not to mention a bent support or worse, broken.

I opted to use the 6061-T6 aluminum which has a yield strength of 30,000 PSI vs the lower grades of aluminum...I'm not saying it won't flex at the attachment points under extreme lateral G's but will be considerably less than the stock bar that ford provides...this strut bar has 5 times the mass of the 7/8" dia 12ga stock bar has..something else will break before this bar will even bend.....as for the finish... aluminum is a B to get good adhesion...the powdercoat will probably chip where the nuts attach but that will be all...as for the polished and clear anodized the sealcoat shouldn't crack...I would still plan on waxing/sealing the bar from time to time just as you would for the rest of the car....when I drove the SS home it felt better...can't describe it but had no more cowl shake and creaking. My driveway has a small curb and a approx 30 degree incline which I always take at an angle to keep the front splitter from hitting and did not notice the flexingcreaking in the front...still think something is better than nothing...for the real maniac's out ther I can make one out of Stainless Steel :yup: Reg

Here's some pictures of the polished and some body color with some different graphics I was playing around with. The polished look's great...hard to get a decent picture since it's so reflective...I only had them polish the top and sides not the underside since it's never seen. Didn't see any sense in spending extra $$..already cost an extra $75 for the polished vs the black or anodized. Will have pictures of the black and anodized tomorrow..had a little setback today...formed up some production pcs with the harder material....6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and the blank will have to be changed :banghead: ...so will have to tweak the tooling so it will push production back about a week but I want the parts to be perfect...going to try to get the blanks on the machining center before xmas...we've waited this long so an extra week won't hurt...feedback appreciated...thanks, Reg

Looks Good, I will want a polished one please,

The polished one with the black Super Snake stripe would look wicked, just my 2 cents

index-3.jpg

SuperSnakeRed.jpg

Nice idea. Looks good. I think functionally you should be fine. The S197 Chassis is very rigid. I run my car without a strut tower brace on road courses and it feels great.

The only thing wrong with the pictures above is that your SS is apparently missing a complete Shelby Cooling Package with Black Anodized Tanks!! :hysterical:

Other than that, it looks great!

Nice idea. Looks good. I think functionally you should be fine. The S197 Chassis is very rigid. I run my car without a strut tower brace on road courses and it feels great.

The only thing wrong with the pictures above is that your SS is apparently missing a complete Shelby Cooling Package with Black Anodized Tanks!! :hysterical:

Other than that, it looks great!

All I need is to get a deal on those....on my list of "wants"....

Reg: From the pics it appears your MAF housing has a huge kink in it at the top!! Check it out. If so it may be drawing in un-meetered air!!

Yep...going to send it back to Ken ant Kenne Bell for replacement...was going to wait till xmas break...need the car running to finalize the strut bar...

50 Strut Bars are being machined...won't be long now :happy feet: I have a list but need everybody who wants in on the first 50 to send their contact information to me at RESERVE

Please include

NAME

ADDRESS

EMAIL

CSM#

FINISH PREFERENCE (Natural, Black Powdercoat or Polished)

Will send a mass email out with all the details when they are done.....Have a great Xmas.....Reg

Archived