TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut tower brace search

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE:

Prototypes completed ahead of schedule :happy feet: ....they look great...what kind of finish do you all think I should put on it? Painted body color with supersnake logo ( of course I will have to clear this with SAI) or gloss black, body color with the triple stripes? should get pre-production parts going next week...first run of approx 30 units......it has about 5/8" clearance above the Kenne Bell...does anybody think the engine will torque up that high?...

Put me on the list. I will take either finish as I will have it painted the fastest color(Vista Blue).

I'D TAKE A BILLET ONE.

THIS SEEMS TO BEG THE QUESTION AS TO WHY SAI LISTED LISTED IT AS PART OF THE SS 735 PACKAGE BUT THEN WENT ON AND ON SAYING MOSTLY NOTHING ABOUT IT OR AS WHEN I PICKED UP MY CAR AND ASKED WEAR THE STRUT TOWER BRACE WAS I WAS TOLD IT WAS STILL IN R&D.

LIKE THE CAR AND ENJOY IT BUT AS EVERYBODY KNOWS BUT SAI THE CUSTOMER AND COMMUNICATIONS JUST SUCK. LIKE THE CF HOOD AND THE MANIFOLD BACK EXHAUST ETC. THAT WERE ALL LISTED ON THE BROCHER AND ONLINE BUT JUST DIDN'T SHOW UP ON THE CAR.

BOB

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Here's the first prototype painted body color with the SS striping...let me know what you all think...drove the car with it installed and can't believe how much more solid front feels...no longer creaks going over the curb of my driveway. I'ts made from aircraft grade aluminum 3/8" thick and it's solid....will run the first 60 next week...so put it on you xmas list...will finalize the pricing in a few days....Reg

post-2458-1259808720_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1259808744_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1259808756_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1259808720_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1259808744_thumb.jpg

post-2458-1259808756_thumb.jpg

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Here's the first prototype painted body color with the SS striping...let me know what you all think...drove the car with it installed and can't believe how much more solid front feels...no longer creaks going over the curb of my driveway. I'ts made from aircraft grade aluminum 3/8" thick and it's solid....will run the first 60 next week...so put it on you xmas list...will finalize the pricing in a few days....Reg

NICE!!

I may change to Billit.

R

Oh, I'm so in for black.

OK...now you have me re-thinking the finish...perhaps black or Vista Blue but still leaning towards billit, what type of finish will be on the billit, machined, brush or natural mill finish? I was thinking about a clear anodize on the billit. Thanks, Mark

OK...now you have me re-thinking the finish...perhaps black or Vista Blue but still leaning towards billit, what type of finish will be on the billit, machined, brush or natural mill finish? I was thinking about a clear anodize on the billit. Thanks, Mark

That is why I am reconsidering my finish....................what would complement a Polished KB the best?

R

Mark after the parts are machined... the billet wil be brushed and clear anodized....the black ones will be powdercoated a gloss black to match the supercharger black .....either one can be repainted the body color using the automotive touchup spray bomb which matches body color quite well... here's the link to to paint

Paint Link

That is why I am reconsidering my finish....................what would complement a Polished KB the best?

R

R...if you had someone around where you live that could polish the bar I think it would be awsome looking...my only problem with that is I wouldn't want to detract from what's under the bar...I like the stripe on mine because it blends in over the top of my black finish KB...for the polished KB a polished bar with a clear seal coat would be perfect...I'm checking with local finishers to get a price on what that cost would be....Reg

Reg,

Will this fit with the stock hood? I have a 40th with the KB and the hood already is notched.

When the production parts are done I'll flip a coin between you and Dubbs and send one to you for a fit check..send me your addresses to eagle410@earthlink.net

Mark after the parts are machined... the billet wil be brushed and clear anodized....the black ones will be powdercoated a gloss black to match the supercharger black .....either one can be repainted the body color using the automotive touchup spray bomb which matches body color quite well... here's the link to to paint

Paint Link

Reg, thanks for the reply and the paint link! I have decided on the billit since it will be brushed and clear anodized. Good work on this project, it is much appreciated! Looking forward to the finished product :drool: Mark

Got it thanks...how much space do you have between the supercharger and the hood about 6" from the front of the supercharger?

Reg,

As you may know, the stock GT500 hood has to be notched to accomodate the KB unless you lower the motor. It looks like it may not fit unless you have a lowered motor and the notch. I think someone will have to try one to confirm.

Don

Here's the list I have so far...will have pictures of the 3 finishes early next week...material in and production is scheduled for next week...dropped off one to a local polisher for quote on the adder for the mirror polish to match the polished supercharger models. When I pick it up on monday I should be able to firm up pricing on all 3 finishes...they fit perfectly under the SS style hood and sit approx 1/2" above the supercharger...have delveloped some real cool graphics for those who want stripes or logo's...will need to get permission to use some of them. With the holidays and everybody basically closing the last 2 weeks of the month I should have product ready to ship the week of the 12th of January...If I can ship prior to then I will..I think this will solve the need we all feel should have been a part of the original SS conversion but we all knew that it was not included in the original build sheet and accepted that when we sent our cars for conversion.... so going forward it serves no purpose to chastise SAI for the omission. I firmly believe that had this been available they would have included it in the BOM because they(SAI)mission is to build the best aftermarket packages out there and that has always been their goal...alright I'll get off my soapbox now...sorry....Reg

Strut List

Polished: Shelby 08, GT500-2007, Shelby101, rhood, shelby40,cobrafan

Black Ice: Robert M,MY500SS,knownukes,mitch07ss0113,hotrodric, INDYSHELBY,DubbsFaris,

Mill Finish Anodized:500forme,08SHELBYSS,BoneDoc,B Shelby,budweiser,EUSMCBOB

Undecided finish:Lee

Here's the list I have so far...will have pictures of the 3 finishes early next week...material in and production is scheduled for next week...dropped off one to a local polisher for quote on the adder for the mirror polish to match the polished supercharger models. When I pick it up on monday I should be able to firm up pricing on all 3 finishes...they fit perfectly under the SS style hood and sit approx 1/2" above the supercharger...have delveloped some real cool graphics for those who want stripes or logo's...will need to get permission to use some of them. With the holidays and everybody basically closing the last 2 weeks of the month I should have product ready to ship the week of the 12th of January...If I can ship prior to then I will..I think this will solve the need we all feel should have been a part of the original SS conversion but we all knew that it was not included in the original build sheet and accepted that when we sent our cars for conversion.... so going forward it serves no purpose to chastise SAI for the omission. I firmly believe that had this been available they would have included it in the BOM because they(SAI)mission is to build the best aftermarket packages out there and that has always been their goal...alright I'll get off my soapbox now...sorry....Reg

Strut List

Polished: Shelby 08, GT500-2007, Shelby101

Black Ice: Robert M,MY500SS,knownukes,mitch07ss0113,hotrodric

Mill Finish Anodized:500forme,08SHELBYSS,BoneDoc,B Shelby,budweiser,shelby40,EUSMCBOB

Black for me please...I didnt see cobrafan either....but if I have to go with the SS hood, then so be it...

Black for me please...I didnt see cobrafan either....but if I have to go with the SS hood, then so be it...

Don...gotcha down..was going to see if I could make something special for the guy's with the stock hood's...no promise's but going to explore...Reg

Strut List

Polished: Shelby 08, GT500-2007, Shelby101

Black Ice: Robert M,MY500SS,knownukes,mitch07ss0113,hotrodric

Mill Finish Anodized:500forme,08SHELBYSS,BoneDoc,B Shelby,budweiser,shelby40,EUSMCBOB

yahoo.gif

Thanks Reg, for putting this together for your TS family.

Archived