TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut tower brace search

Has anyone found a Strut tower brace to fit over the Kenne Bell super charger?

If so, could you please post what you found and where you found it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone found a Strut tower brace to fit over the Kenne Bell super charger?

If so, could you please post what you found and where you found it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Only the STB I see on the Hennessey GT500 - 750R w/KB.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennes...ActionReq=Where

R

You can use the stock one with lowered engine mounts from Evo Perf.

Yep...thought about that, but I don't really want to start jacking around with changing the motor mounts. Seemed that quite some time ago, I saw somewhere on the TS forum that someone thought that there would be a billit brace available that would fit under the SS hood. Something like that is what I'm hoping to find.

Mark

Yep...thought about that, but I don't really want to start jacking around with changing the motor mounts. Seemed that quite some time ago, I saw somewhere on the TS forum that someone thought that there would be a billit brace available that would fit under the SS hood. Something like that is what I'm hoping to find.

Mark

That may have been the Steeda STB that is listed for the 3.4 Wipple S/C. I called about that brace, they told me that the STB application is 4.6L 3V w/3.4 Wipple. They were not sure about the taller 5.4L.

R

• 2 months later...
You can use the stock one with lowered engine mounts from Evo Perf.

Does any one know if that is all you have to do? Lethal makes a real nice set of lowering mounts now. I would like to do this mod, any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm going to develop one over the winter for my SS :work: ...will try to FERO arm my car for the dimensions...will probably lasercut it from 3/16" aircraft aluminum...machine the ends and then form to shape...will let you guy's know when I come up with something...Reg

I'm going to develop one over the winter for my SS :work: ...will try to FERO arm my car for the dimensions...will probably lasercut it from 3/16" aircraft aluminum...machine the ends and then form to shape...will let you guy's know when I come up with something...Reg

SWEET, :happy feet:

Met these people at SEMA. They have a 725HP SS and they are working on the strut tower brace. Hopefully, have it done before the end of the year.

www.frpcustoms.com

They have lots of cool stuff. Including a different brake cooling system with "better" hoses....

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Prototypes completed ahead of schedule :happy feet: ....they look great...what kind of finish do you all think I should put on it? Painted body color with supersnake logo ( of course I will have to clear this with SAI) or gloss black, body color with the triple stripes? should get pre-production parts going next week...first run of approx 30 units......it has about 5/8" clearance above the Kenne Bell...does anybody think the engine will torque up that high?...

UPDATE:

Prototypes completed ahead of schedule :happy feet: ....they look great...what kind of finish do you all think I should put on it? Painted body color with supersnake logo ( of course I will have to clear this with SAI) or gloss black, body color with the triple stripes? should get pre-production parts going next week...first run of approx 30 units......it has about 5/8" clearance above the Kenne Bell...does anybody think the engine will torque up that high?...

Reg - I'm interested in a Black one.

How are the 305's and shortened axle working out?

Thanks, Robert

Reg - I'm interested in a Black one.

How are the 305's and shortened axle working out?

Thanks, Robert

Great no problem...if I had to do it again I would take it in another 1/4"...it clears now it's just damn close when I load her up for the drive to Tulsa evey year...If you ever want to discuss give me a call 314-378-5408...Reg

Great no problem...if I had to do it again I would take it in another 1/4"...it clears now it's just damn close when I load her up for the drive to Tulsa evey year...If you ever want to discuss give me a call 314-378-5408...Reg

When I get closer to pulling the trigger on the axle purchase (which will be shortly), I will call you. I too am thinking about 3/4" instead of 1/2" per side.

I am also interested in the fit of the 275's (that were originally on the rear) moved to the front 9" Alcoa's. It appears from my calculations that the aspect ratio should be very close.............275's on the 9" rim front and 305's on 10" rim rear.<<But the question is, will they touch anything while turning the wheel from lock to lock?

Thanks, Robert

UPDATE:

Excellent! I would prefer either a natural mill finish (if its aluminum) to match the fluid caps or black to match the super charger. Put me on the buyers list. Thanks, Mark

Have started a list....will firm it up when the parts are in hand...will get 15 billet finish and 15 black gloss....either one can be repainted body color if that's the route you want to take...will post pictures later in the week...

Archived