TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Magnaflow Magnapack 2.5" or 3.0"

scottGT500

Hey, I am about to purchase a new catback for my baby (daily driver). I was told from my buddies at the dealership that if there is to be a drone issue between a 2.5" system or a 3.0" system...go with the 3.0" system (less drone). Let me know your thoughts. I have decided to go with the Magnaflow Magnapack Catback but I want as little or no drone as possible. I have been told to go with the 3.0" system to get the air out quicker and drone less (if any). :headscratch:

Thanks!

Scott

To answer your question...I don't know, lol. But, I wanted to add that I think you may want to consider what add-on's you will do it the future. If you plan to do engine mods you will want 3" if not you want 2.5. I believe you may want to consider what else you plan to do with the car as a decision maker vs what the difference in sound is....

I originally had magnaflow 3'' cat back w/ magna packs and it was horrible. Barley louder than stock except for the very annoying drone! I put my 2.5 stock cat-to-muffler pipe back on and bought magnaflows muffler deletes and it sounds awesome. If you're going for all out power with a TVS or something then some 1 and 7/8ths long tubes and 3'' cat back would be in order. But from what I read longtubes aren't worth the trouble to install for the gains seen. Another option would be a new X pipe with high flow cats and your choice of mufflers.

I originally had magnaflow 3'' cat back w/ magna packs and it was horrible. Barley louder than stock except for the very annoying drone! I put my 2.5 stock cat-to-muffler pipe back on and bought magnaflows muffler deletes and it sounds awesome. If you're going for all out power with a TVS or something then some 1 and 7/8ths long tubes and 3'' cat back would be in order. But from what I read longtubes aren't worth the trouble to install for the gains seen. Another option would be a new X pipe with high flow cats and your choice of mufflers.

thanks for the link. I've been wondering how the muffler deletes sounded. I know a couple people on here got them and said they loved the sound but I was thinking it would be over the top loud. wow was I wrong. those things sound damn good. watched your video then went directly to another site to place my order.

So you are telling me that the 3.0" system had a bad drone? And the muff delete does not!? I am looking for little or no drone as possible. I have heard good things (for the most part) about the Magnapack system as far as little drone. I am planning to put a 3.0" catted mid in the future...will that make a difference on drone and sound? Considering the simple size of the Magnapack muff vs the 2010 stock muffler, I would think that the sound should be quite noticable in volume difference.

So you are telling me that the 3.0" system had a bad drone? And the muff delete does not!? I am looking for little or no drone as possible. I have heard good things (for the most part) about the Magnapack system as far as little drone. I am planning to put a 3.0" catted mid in the future...will that make a difference on drone and sound? Considering the simple size of the Magnapack muff vs the 2010 stock muffler, I would think that the sound should be quite noticable in volume difference.

The 3'' stuff w/ magnapacks sounded horrible. Barley louder that stock. Except on the highway, were they droned VERY badly. Plus the 3'' cat back is $$$$ :spend:

I got the muffler deletes for $225 delivered from plant magnaflow. Use the make an offer option. Tell em $225 delivered and they'll accept!

The video from my crappy still camera doesn't do the car justice.

If you want more sound than the muffler deletes offer, I'd do a high flow catted X pipe.

The 3'' stuff w/ magnapacks sounded horrible. Barley louder that stock. Except on the highway, were they droned VERY badly. Plus the 3'' cat back is $$$$ :spend:

I got the muffler deletes for $225 delivered from plant magnaflow. Use the make an offer option. Tell em $225 delivered and they'll accept!

The video from my crappy still camera doesn't do the car justice.

If you want more sound than the muffler deletes offer, I'd do a high flow catted X pipe.

I have heard/read many different opinions on the magnapack system...I would think that simply because of the muffler size in comparison to the stock muffler...that it would be MUCH louder than stock. I don't care if it drones a little...but definately not a LOT.

Archived