TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT egged last night

rlkillion

Wife and I took the SGT to a fish fry last night at a friends house and parked on the street. No choice but not worried as it is a nice town and nice area. Came out and the drivers rear rim and rear bumper had been egged. It was still wet and I washed it off right then and it did not stain or etch the paint. However it left the star chips on both. Cop said they caught 3 kids 2 weeks ago for doing houses but they had not done cars. Looks like the SGT was the target as no other cars on the way out of town looked to have been hit. I am no body guy but the chips look to be small and clear coat only so maybe I will luck out and it will only need a wet sand and a buff on the bumper. Can hardly believe it went through the thick clear on the rim but it looks worse than the bumper...maybe because the bumper flexed? I am guessing the rim will need replaced as I have tried to remove and redo the clear on a ford ranger aluminum rim before with no luck. If anyone has any experience on my chances on it buffing out let me know.

Wife was almost in tears. I am pissed but know it could have been worse. The ranger mentioned above was hit in a different town 10-15 years ago(they hit a lot of cars that night)and it ate right through the stripes and truck needed repainted from all the damage.

Wife and I took the SGT to a fish fry last night at a friends house and parked on the street. No choice but not worried as it is a nice town and nice area. Came out and the drivers rear rim and rear bumper had been egged. It was still wet and I washed it off right then and it did not stain or etch the paint. However it left the star chips on both. Cop said they caught 3 kids 2 weeks ago for doing houses but they had not done cars. Looks like the SGT was the target as no other cars on the way out of town looked to have been hit. I am no body guy but the chips look to be small and clear coat only so maybe I will luck out and it will only need a wet sand and a buff on the bumper. Can hardly believe it went through the thick clear on the rim but it looks worse than the bumper...maybe because the bumper flexed? I am guessing the rim will need replaced as I have tried to remove and redo the clear on a ford ranger aluminum rim before with no luck. If anyone has any experience on my chances on it buffing out let me know.

Wife was almost in tears. I am pissed but know it could have been worse. The ranger mentioned above was hit in a different town 10-15 years ago(they hit a lot of cars that night)and it ate right through the stripes and truck needed repainted from all the damage.

somebody would be dead if hat happened in my neighborhood. thats just horrible man. you got pics? can;t believe some punk would do that to a nice car.

some people are just idiots! Sorry to hear this but sounds like you were able to minimize the damages. Makes me mad just to read about it! :banghead:

Sorry to hear that. It's really going to make you nervous taking that thing anywhere, which is baloney - you shouldn't have to worry. Luckily, nothing like this has happened to mine, but it could be just a matter of time.

Other TS members have had theirs keyed; all sorts of bad stuff - you heard of the SS owner that had something thrown in the intake that completely ruined the engine. All and all (considering)... be glad that it was just eggs!

I will take some pics and post them. Yeah I will be a little paranoid now. But GREAT NEWS the police office just called...they caught the 3 kids that did it! Mother turned one of them in. Kid specifically remembered my car because he "LOVES" Shelby's and is fascinated by them?! I guess his mom asked him "so you decided to egg it?!" ( I guess they did do others at least 11 so far just not on my route out of town...including a sheriff's deputies car!)

Sorry to hear that. It's really going to make you nervous taking that thing anywhere, which is baloney - you shouldn't have to worry. Luckily, nothing like this has happened to mine, but it could be just a matter of time.

Other TS members have had theirs keyed; all sorts of bad stuff - you heard of the SS owner that had something thrown in the intake that completely ruined the engine. All and all (considering)... be glad that it was just eggs!

I will take some pics and post them. Yeah I will be a little paranoid now. But GREAT NEWS the police office just called...they caught the 3 kids that did it! Mother turned one of them in. Kid specifically remembered my car because he "LOVES" Shelby's and is fascinated by them?! I guess his mom asked him "so you decided to egg it?!" ( I guess they did do others at least 11 so far just not on my route out of town...including a sheriff's deputies car!)

They did a patrol car too?? Geeze! Well hey, that could be a good thing when the law is after them for personal reasons, too. Glad to see they found the culprits. :salute:

I'm glad they were caught !!!

Now your insurance company knows who to charge and maybe the little punks will learn a lesson.

Sorry to hear your car got egged, well atleast they got them.

One thing to keep in mind is to do not be afraid to drive your car around, believe it or not whille we may not be aware there are people looking out for our cars and if they see our Shelby's being vandalized they will tell on the culprits or call the cops.

Hope those kids get the book thrown at them, community service and go around to spend some time in juvi hall.

Wow. I'd bet the system does nothing to these kids. I would find out who they are and make them work the money off clearing brush or whatever. Then they would know what it takes to own and maintain a car...work.

Sorry this happened to you...

the little bastards... :censored: I hope they get something done to them that has a lasting impression :finger:

We had this happen here in out town in AZ. A felony is anything over $500 damage. Problem is if we didn't press forward to make sure the culprits were charged, our about worthless County Attorney would just say "oh they are kids let them go". Guess what our hired attorney, made a great case, the kids, not the parents had to pay restitution, also had 2 years or untill 21 on probation. The way I see it we may have saved a few kids.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :headscratch:

Yeah thats what I thought. I entend on pursuing this. I have to get an estimate to the police for the report. The officer said the States attorney will seek restitution...we will see. Kind of think it will be hard for them to let this one go since they got a sheriff's vehicle.

IMG_4011.jpgIMG_4013.jpg

Here are the pics. The rim is hard to see. Sorry but I just could not get it to focus on the mark. It is similiar to the one on the bumper only elongated and actally bigger and deeper chips. I would say both are about the size of a silver dollar. One on the bunmper is not as noticible as it was since I used some cleaning wax on it. Hopefully it will buff out.

Thanks for eveyones support!

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

Its too bad you cant take a nice car anywhere without something or somebody doing something to it. Ive seen my share personally and on customers cars where it was vandilized for whatever reason. Maybe you can find some one locally to wetsand it? This all depends on how deep it is. Both the wheel and paint might be repaired. Atleast they caught the hooligans.

Its too bad you cant take a nice car anywhere without something or somebody doing something to it. Ive seen my share personally and on customers cars where it was vandilized for whatever reason. Maybe you can find some one locally to wetsand it? This all depends on how deep it is. Both the wheel and paint might be repaired. Atleast they caught the hooligans.

I am taking it to be looked at tommorow. By the way I did read all your posts after our talk when I first got the car. I clay barred it and waxed it up. I still need to get some of the other supplies and tools but I am pretty happy with the results just with that and confident I can eventually do a real nice detail.

Wow. I'd bet the system does nothing to these kids. I would find out who they are and make them work the money off clearing brush or whatever. Then they would know what it takes to own and maintain a car...work.

Sorry this happened to you...

I am sorry but i would have to agree. The system will probably give them a "slap on the wrist", oh wait, that is considered "child abuse" now days. So they won't even get that !!!!! :banghead:

They did a patrol car too?? Geeze! Well hey, that could be a good thing when the law is after them for personal reasons, too. Glad to see they found the culprits. :salute:

Yeah pretty brazen. I think I know which car and were to. There is always a patrol car parked at the deputies house(takes it home with him when off duty?) and I would bet that is the one they got.

I am sorry but i would have to agree. The system will probably give them a "slap on the wrist", oh wait, that is considered "child abuse" now days. So they won't even get that !!!!! :banghead:

Yeah I am afriad that might be the case...however since they just got some other kids for a spree agianst houses maybe they will want to send a message. Hmmm not a lot a work I need done around my place but I work for a not for profit...bet we could keep them busy for a long time...though it is in a different county so not sure if they could mandate that on a minor or not.

Hey sorry about that !!! As most of you guy's seen my paint repairs and painting my own stuff. If you have a buffing machine you can try buffing it out first. I use several different compounds to get scratches out will post them if you like !! If you wet sand it's not that hard to do unless you had one to many pain killers and sanded down to the primer. Yes, I did that and still not a hard fix Dupli-color spray paint is on the money as far as color match. You can wet sand starting with 2000 grit keep the paint wet and paper evenly and lightly sand in a circle a little wider than the damage. Do not press hard do a little wipe clean if you have a buffer hit it with a polish so it cleans up the haze so you can see if the damage is gone. If its not deep only in the clear coat it should have removed it if so. Polish the whole area till the shine comes back. Then wax, if its deep into the paint you have 2 ways of doing this you can keep wet sanding till you get it out but it may hit the primer. Or again Dupli- color has clear spray paint tape off area clean wax off and spray clear lightly 2x's then one heavy coat give 5 min in between coats. Let it dry the clear most of the time it will fill the area that's damaged !! Once dryed you can wet sand it down so that it blends into the rest of the paint. If damaged into the base coat the blue you can tape off area of damage and spray the factory paint like the clear. Once dryed you can wet sand to blend it in then buff to a shine once it matches you can retaped the area make it a little wider and reshoot the clear and make sure its dry and wet sand making sure you leave no ridges and its level with the rest of the paint. Buff out with polish and then wax and it should look perfect. I really never tape due to the fact that, I know how to buff out the whole area out leaving no after spray. The spray nozzles on these paints are excellent almost like a gun and I have a spray gun and choose to use the can it spray close to the gun. Hope this helps if you rather get instuctions over the phone PM me and we will chat.

post-18733-1251080054_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1251080113_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1251080054_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1251080113_thumb.jpg

Just and update. Estimate for repair is $1700. Replace the rim, repair and clear bumper and stripe kit. Actually found out more details from the police and got a copy of the report. Officer actually did some legwork. Tracked them down because they had used store brand eggs and threw the carton on the street when they were done. They thought they were safe because they came from another town and no one would know them. Confessions from all three involved. I plan on going to their court date and talking to the states attorney. One is 16 and two are 17 and I hope this can be used to straighten them out rather than ruin their future...if they are decent kids that did something stupid(all three claimed to do it because they were bored) if they have already been in trouble then more serious consequences are in order. I know restitution is being sought and my insurance will for sure go after it but I don't just want the parents to pay for it I want the kids to work enough to understand what it takes to earn the money to repair the damage they did.

........... I know restitution is being sought and my insurance will for sure go after it but I don't just want the parents to pay for it I want the kids to work enough to understand what it takes to earn the money to repair the damage they did.

I hope they do pay, and pay dearly! Make sure that the parents don't pay. I know it's not possible but I would love to see a clause that states any future vandalism against your car will be billed to them!!!! Just so they don't try to get even.

Just and update. Estimate for repair is $1700. Replace the rim, repair and clear bumper and stripe kit. Actually found out more details from the police and got a copy of the report. Officer actually did some legwork. Tracked them down because they had used store brand eggs and threw the carton on the street when they were done. They thought they were safe because they came from another town and no one would know them. Confessions from all three involved. I plan on going to their court date and talking to the states attorney. One is 16 and two are 17 and I hope this can be used to straighten them out rather than ruin their future...if they are decent kids that did something stupid(all three claimed to do it because they were bored) if they have already been in trouble then more serious consequences are in order. I know restitution is being sought and my insurance will for sure go after it but I don't just want the parents to pay for it I want the kids to work enough to understand what it takes to earn the money to repair the damage they did.

That's good news as far as restitution!!! But them learning from this and there parents punishing them is like me finding my barn yard Amc AMX in my town or my wife running away and Swedman calling me buddy!! :hysterical: What's more harder to find is a young kid cutting there parents grass. When was the last time you saw that go on. On my block my neighbors son is 17 and he watches his father cut the grass in 2yrs never seen him even sweep his father washes his son's car. These kids today are spoiled rotten and their parents defend them to death even if there is a video.

One summer me and my brother were 14 and 16 we were bored laying around my father took us out back onto the patio and said do you see how the ground line is an inch over the patio. We said yes he said I want the grass line 2 inches below the patio you got all summer to do it. Plus on Saturdays we had to get up early and go to my parent rental house and do yard work clean and fix whatever he said no allowance. Guess what we did the next summer !! He made us raise the lawn an inch!!! I worked 3 jobs in the summer during high school easy than digging. God forbid if, I got in trouble by the police or a teacher. Iwas wrong no matter what!!! But, I love parents of today before retirment we locked up 3 teens for buying drugs and have supplies to package and sell. They were from NJ one parent came in yelling that we should be writing tickets and the teens didn't do nothing wrong. Well the police in there nice suburb neighborhood didn't think so since, I faxed there arrest report to them. They made the paper the next day and got a visit from there police The parents came back to my precinct to get there car back and yell about sueing us about reporting there kids. Public information morons!!! We have a sad future.

Archived