TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cobra 07 (Chuck) wins an award and runs the 1/4 mile at Woodburn Drags

Grabber

Last Sunday I went to the woodburn Drags to watch the All Ford Drags. They had a All Ford car show too. I met up with Spring Lil cobra (Richard) and my son David for a great day. We did not have our cars there but cobra 07 did and he won a plaque for best Shelby. They let all the cars at the car show make a pass on the 1/4 mile too.

Here is a video of cobra 07 collecting his award. Congrats Chuck...you deserved it. :)

th_VID00038.jpg

Here is a video od cobra 07 running the 1/4 mile. :shift:

th_VID00040.jpg

Also a video of cobra 07 on the dyno.

th_VID00028.jpg

I have some pic's too. :happy feet:

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

One thing I do like very much about the Woodburn Oregon Drag strip is that is is so laid back and grass roots. I like being able to mingle with the cars and drivers.

This vid shows you the action fron the drag approach area. No special passes needed. My 14 year old son loved it down there.

th_VID00042.jpg

Rob

:happy feet: Thanks for the pic's and videos :shift::shift:

My pleasure Chuck.

BTW....It was nice seeing you at the Allen Grant event today. That was one of the coolest shows I have been to this summer.

Check out the svt forrum serick! ran a 10.79 at 133 mph at Pinks all out in Seattle- stock ported blower-2.6 pulley- intake with alki kit whic kept the car on pump gas and cool- two step- and wide drag radials- He drove it from Portland to Seattle with the air on and I am sure he was the only car to run that kind of number without coming off a trailer- the aliki kit works great- drag racing always lets you in the pits with just a pit pass. These cars belong on the strip and can dominate a lot of cars- I am sure at Pinks their were a lot of g t 500 fans created. Show and tell is fun but this car is way to much fun to sit beside all day long . The alki kit was in the trunk and had a light that would stay green to let him know he was getting spray on the hard hits- available aftermarket and comes as a complete kit- Make a hit on SvT and he will fill you in- great guy fast car. GT 500s are meant to run- to many ponies in there to hold back on for to long.

Check out the svt forrum serick! ran a 10.79 at 133 mph at Pinks all out in Seattle- stock ported blower-2.6 pulley- intake with alki kit whic kept the car on pump gas and cool- two step- and wide drag radials- He drove it from Portland to Seattle with the air on and I am sure he was the only car to run that kind of number without coming off a trailer- the aliki kit works great- drag racing always lets you in the pits with just a pit pass. These cars belong on the strip and can dominate a lot of cars- I am sure at Pinks their were a lot of g t 500 fans created. Show and tell is fun but this car is way to much fun to sit beside all day long . The alki kit was in the trunk and had a light that would stay green to let him know he was getting spray on the hard hits- available aftermarket and comes as a complete kit- Make a hit on SvT and he will fill you in- great guy fast car. GT 500s are meant to run- to many ponies in there to hold back on for to long.

Great stuff Grabber!

I also had a good time with the Cobra club on Saturday. It was good to see Rob, Jim, Bob, and Chuck there representing.

SLC

I believe the Shelby GT belongs to one of the Wrangler's....

Archived