TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought off lot or ordered

War Eagle

53 members have voted

1. 1. Purchase method

• I bought my 2010 off a dealer Lot
    • I special ordered my 2010 and have taken delivery
    • I special ordered but my car is lost in the "Michigan Triangle".

There have been so many order cancellations I have started to wonder how many owners bought their cars off the lot vs special order.

If you have already taken delivery of your car and it is in your garage please answer the poll. This should be interesting.

Thanks

Steve

There have been so many order cancellations I have started to wonder how many owners bought their cars off the lot vs special order.

If you have already taken delivery of your car and it is in your garage please answer the poll. This should be interesting.

Thanks

Steve

I went to the dealer and told them what I wanted. They told me that they didnt have any allocations (sp) left. So I told them to find me one. I told them what I wanted and they found it.

I wanted sterling sivler with out stirpes. But they couldnt only find it with the stripes. But the dealer said if I didnt like the stripes they would remove them.

In the end I was happy with the way the dealer worked it out.

Alan

The dealer I've been going to had a couple grand of mine on hold for a boss for a few years. I didn't like what I was hearing about a boss model and the G.M. knew it. Then, all of a sudden, he got 2 GT500's that he didn't know he was getting. A total surprise. He immediatly called me to see what he just got off the truck and to make this story shorter, I was sold and 2 days later it was in my garage. :yahoo:

I do not what is going on at Ford?! I ordered not one but two 2010's from a small ( comparatively ) dealership in South Texas . One came in 7 weeks later and the other one 8 weeks. Does anybody know how so many people are being strung out? I am not bitching but I don't live in Miami or L.A.! I did put money down upon ordering. You think? denohew

I think most people know my story...originally ordered a car - then found out dealer did not have an allocation after waiting two months. I then basically decided not to get a new car for about two weeks. I got over the bad experience I had with the ordered vehicle and then began extensively searching for an "on lot" car....Got lucky and found what I wanted...been happy ever since! :shift:

My story:

Went to Drew Ford in San Diego to buy some Ford hats. I wear them a lot so they get all ratty after a year or two. Oh, look, a 2010 GT500 sitting there. 24 hours later I had it. I guess a customer had ordered it, but then had back surgery and his/her doc said they couldn't drive a stick shift.

I'm still stuck, but have a feeling the tidy bowl man will give me a little help this week to get me out of the "Michigan Triangle". Too tired to vent anymore. Ford has sucked the life out of me to care about this car any longer and any other Ford in the future.

Does anyone think a buyer of a $55,000 car should feel this way from the buying experience?

I am beginning to think the same way. Maybe I'll just wait to see what the 2011s are like or see how the camaro looks in a convertible.

I'm sorry, but it should not be a chore to spend this much money on a car, especially in these economic times.

Ordered car March 18, Car was built June 16, took delivery on August 18. Ordered it through my friends Lincoln Mercury Dealership and then through a Ford dealership that they knew in Florida (Had bought my 2005 Mustang GT the same way). Car drop shipped to Long Island. Car sat at the railhead for 3 and half weeks waiting for the car hauler.

All I can say is a lot can happen in 5 months, when we chose the dealer where we were going to drop ship the car we never anticipated that by the time the car was ready for delivery the economy would have that dealer almost out of business and no inventory being shipped to him. When we finally realized what was going on, kicked it up to the regional Ford rep and car was delivered in 3 days.

I think I can really appreciate SmellSoGood's feelings right now. I was ready to walk away and find a car on the lot, but I had a verbal deal with everyone involved so just had to wait it out.

I will say that once you get the car, all of the waiting will fade out of your memory very quickly.

Just stay with it and it will be worth it in the end.

Regards,

Jim

I bought my car from a guy in Nigeria after he promised to send me $4 million dollars for doing so.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You do know that since your car disappeared in the "Michigan Triangle" that it could suddenly appear anywhere in the country and at any time. Also check the mileage when you get it, it is possible that it went "Back to the Future" and may have been driven.

Hang in there partner, it will be here soon and you will love it.

Steve

Archived