TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Dyno #'s with Tune

Ok, just got back today from my dyno/tune. I'll scan the sheet as soon as I get a chance but I'll write the numbers below:

After driving for about 40min, and being hot as hell here in Phx in Aug! It made 453.71 RWHP 432.56 RWTQ.

Conditions: 98.93 degrees! 17% Humidity SAE 1.05. Not bad on a hot day and hot engine.

After tune, 2.7 pully, and Bassani Axle back system (didn't have X-pipe in stock yet) made 499.89 RWHP 479.43.

Conditions: 106.49 Degrees!!!! (YES DANG HOT!) Humidity 10% SAE 1.05

Not a bad gain especially seeing how hot of a day it was today. The dyno was outside the shop, and the last numbers were after about 10 pulls, no real cool off period. So by numbers I gained about 45rwhp, but I'm sure it's more seeing it was 8 degrees hotter outside, and engine was super hot! The best thing on the sheet is that it looks like it's a smoother gain through out the pulls. When I drove her home, I had the AC on and was in heavy traffic so I didn't have much time to feel it for myself, but when I hit it for the short chance I got, it appeared to have more boost sooner. Plus with the axle back it had a better sound. I'm still going to change out the X-Pipe and go with a 3 inch full exhaust later on, and go for the Whipple or Ford TVS sometime next year. When I get my tax return..lol.. Overall I'm happy with the gain, and I'm sure she will pull even hotter on a cooler day and a cooler engine!

Oh, was all on DynoJet too

Ok, just got back today from my dyno/tune. I'll scan the sheet as soon as I get a chance but I'll write the numbers below:

After driving for about 40min, and being hot as hell here in Phx in Aug! It made 453.71 RWHP 432.56 RWTQ.

Conditions: 98.93 degrees! 17% Humidity SAE 1.05. Not bad on a hot day and hot engine.

After tune, 2.7 pully, and Bassani Axle back system (didn't have X-pipe in stock yet) made 499.89 RWHP 479.43.

Conditions: 106.49 Degrees!!!! (YES DANG HOT!) Humidity 10% SAE 1.05

Not a bad gain especially seeing how hot of a day it was today. The dyno was outside the shop, and the last numbers were after about 10 pulls, no real cool off period. So by numbers I gained about 45rwhp, but I'm sure it's more seeing it was 8 degrees hotter outside, and engine was super hot! The best thing on the sheet is that it looks like it's a smoother gain through out the pulls. When I drove her home, I had the AC on and was in heavy traffic so I didn't have much time to feel it for myself, but when I hit it for the short chance I got, it appeared to have more boost sooner. Plus with the axle back it had a better sound. I'm still going to change out the X-Pipe and go with a 3 inch full exhaust later on, and go for the Whipple or Ford TVS sometime next year. When I get my tax return..lol.. Overall I'm happy with the gain, and I'm sure she will pull even hotter on a cooler day and a cooler engine!

Oh, was all on DynoJet too

What type of tune are you running? :drool:

Just got back from Evolution Performance. HIGHLY recommend them, by the way. Did the mods listed in my signature. On a hot August day on a Mustang Dynamometer, made:

546 RWHP

537 RWTQ

Assuming 15% loss, that's 643 HP at the crank

Assuming 20% loss, that's 682 HP at the crank

Will post the graph and go in to more detail in a new thread. Right now, it's late, I'm tired, and I have to go to work in the morning.

Archived