TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 vert (beat up) for 45K

awakeinAZ

AlloyDroptop - I'm certainly guilty of garage queen syndrome but still...if I was trying to sell a car I would take a minute to vacuum it first.

I'm thinking he wont be getting any bids in that condition.

As a side note, I only see a total of 9 2007's listed today including a Grabber one for 47K. Is the supply of the old stuff dwindling?

AlloyDroptop - I'm certainly guilty of garage queen syndrome but still...if I was trying to sell a car I would take a minute to vacuum it first.

I'm thinking he wont be getting any bids in that condition.

As a side note, I only see a total of 9 2007's listed today including a Grabber one for 47K. Is the supply of the old stuff dwindling?

I am very guilty of garage queen syndrom..... I try not to be, and in two years I at least have 5K miles on mine, so I am really trying to drive it more.

I simply never take mine to work as the parking lot is too dangerous with truck traffic and only take it out when the rain potential is very low to non-existant. I am just lazy and don't like to clean everything up.....

When I sold my last GT Stang, I spent an entire day getting it to show car condition, which it was practically in when I started.... That car never actually saw rain...stupid, I know.... :banghead:

I am very guilty of garage queen syndrom..... I try not to be, and in two years I at least have 5K miles on mine, so I am really trying to drive it more.

I simply never take mine to work as the parking lot is too dangerous with truck traffic and only take it out when the rain potential is very low to non-existant. I am just lazy and don't like to clean everything up.....

When I sold my last GT Stang, I spent an entire day getting it to show car condition, which it was practically in when I started.... That car never actually saw rain...stupid, I know.... :banghead:

there is no shame in taking care of a car to this extent. (I still have a 03' mach 1 that has never seen rain) It's the "no dealer prep, straight to storage guys" I can't understand. You pay good money for these cars, for me it's a balance between enjoying them and caring for them.

I've driven my 07 vert almost every day for the last year and it has never looked this bad. Rust on the blower bolts and the apparent residue in engine compartment makes me think "flood". Besides there at 9 on CarMax for less than this with very few miles.....

I knew I should have ponied up for that "Bose Sound system" option...

I think the rust is just from being stored in the barn that its in, no vapor barrier = rust on just about everything, hate to see underneath..

XLR8, good catch on the aftermarket stripes, not sure I have ever seen that before, mine certainly were not that way when new...

Phil

Always nice when "completely loanded" means that a convertible comes with (gasp!) a convertible top.

Jim

I think what the sellers means by completely loaded is that rare "BOSE STEREO SYSTEM" he has listed. :headscratch:

CarFax says its a September 2007 lease vehicle. Might explain his asking price.

Steve

:cry: Makes me sad to see one in that condition. :cry:

Something about the white trim around the hood vents looks fishy?

+1, I cringed when I saw the picture of the engine compartment, then came the filthy floor mat. It especially hurts to see that when yours is that color combination.

There is one other odd thing about these stripes. I didn't notice it at first but the stripes are also right above the windshield. Which is not correct at all.

I may be accused of leaving mine in the garage a little too much but everytime I take her out when I get back I take the time to clean her up before I put her away. That way she is ready to hit the street whenever I am.

Archived