TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally after 10 months it's back in my garage!!

FastGuy68

I had always said if any of my cars ever got stolen I wouldn't want them back........well it happend and I did want it back! Long story but the end result was me getting to buy back and pick up my 2008 Coupe today after it was stolen in November of 2008! The car was recoverd in April of 2009 but it has taken me 4 long months of red tape to actually get it back!! :banghead: It was stolen with 1300 miles on it at the time and now has 1600 miles on it. There is damage but most of it is from being towed and left sitting in a freakin auto salvage yard for so damn long. The big items that will need replacing are the front and rear bumper covers as they have deep scratches and torn mounting tabs. I'll also have to replace the front splitter and a flat plastic panel under the radiator area. Then I'll probably replace all 4 wheels as they have scratches where it looks like a tow strap was run through them. Somehow the passenger side exhaust tip (it has SLP Loud Mouths on it) got pushed forward and then bent the pipe that goes up and over the axle. I haven't started pulling the parts off yet but I'm hoping there is no other "hidden damage" at this point. If anyone has any stock take-offs of any thing I just mentioned above I might be interested in buying if they are in "NEW" condition. I'll post some pics later to show what she looks like after a good washing tonight. It sure was nice to drive my baby home again. :shift:

I had always said if any of my cars ever got stolen I wouldn't want them back........well it happend and I did want it back! Long story but the end result was me getting to buy back and pick up my 2008 Coupe today after it was stolen in November of 2008! The car was recoverd in April of 2009 but it has taken me 4 long months of red tape to actually get it back!! :banghead: It was stolen with 1300 miles on it at the time and now has 1600 miles on it. There is damage but most of it is from being towed and left sitting in a freakin auto salvage yard for so damn long. The big items that will need replacing are the front and rear bumper covers as they have deep scratches and torn mounting tabs. I'll also have to replace the front splitter and a flat plastic panel under the radiator area. Then I'll probably replace all 4 wheels as they have scratches where it looks like a tow strap was run through them. Somehow the passenger side exhaust tip (it has SLP Loud Mouths on it) got pushed forward and then bent the pipe that goes up and over the axle. I haven't started pulling the parts off yet but I'm hoping there is no other "hidden damage" at this point. If anyone has any stock take-offs of any thing I just mentioned above I might be interested in buying if they are in "NEW" condition. I'll post some pics later to show what she looks like after a good washing tonight. It sure was nice to drive my baby home again. :shift:

We'll be posting GT500 take off parts in the shelby store next week - you should take a look.

DSC00019s.jpg

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-17626B

Front splitter is 112.95 at Latemodel Restoration.

Your stock over the axle exhaust pipes. I have a set in good condition if you are interested. I went to 3" pipes.

Btw: They folded your splitter under the car going up a trailer. I did the same thing last week. Exact same damage. I could take a picture of my front end and you would think it's yours.

What do you mean by you had to "buy" it back. Had the insurance already paid off on it? Did you have to pay the insurance company exactly what they had paid you?

Yes, my insurance company (Farmers Ins.) paid me the full amount I had paid for the car when purchased new plus sales tax and lisc. They settled with me in less than 3 weeks and gave me more than I ever expected without a fight! To buy it back I had to pay them what they paid me so I'll have to "eat" the repair costs. They really didn't even want to sell it to me at first because it's more of a hassle for them to do it that way I guess. I always thought that would be the first option in these kind of claims but I guess most times the car isn't as un-damaged as mine was.

Crazy your car was stolen and damaged and you get no compensation? Your insurance should at minimum pay for the damage repair. Had you done the damage they would pay for repairs minus the deductable. Sounds like you need a new insurance company. The car was returned with a loss of value.

I have what may be a dumb question. If your insurance company gave you 100% of your purchase price including tax & License, why not just buy a "new" 09 some where in the same colors? You might have had the added benefit of avoiding the dreaded clutch tsb? :headscratch:

Unless Ford stopped making these or jacked the price up, they were only something like $65 at a dealership.

I regularly bang up mine and the local Ford store sells me new one for $70.00 incl tax

I have what may be a dumb question. If your insurance company gave you 100% of your purchase price including tax & License, why not just buy a "new" 09 some where in the same colors? You might have had the added benefit of avoiding the dreaded clutch tsb? :headscratch:

Funny you ask because I replaced it in Feb. 09 with a new 600 H.P. 2008 Dodge Viper Coupe! And no, my wife is not letting me keep both... :doh:

Funny you ask because I replaced it in Feb. 09 with a new 600 H.P. 2008 Dodge Viper Coupe! And no, my wife is not letting me keep both... :doh:

Not to be rude..but I go on alot of car forums...and a common thread is that a man's decision to own a car is solely based on if his wife will LET him...granted I know that marriage is a 50/50 thing....shouldn't it be that you BOTH decided that you will not keep both cars?

Not to be rude..but I go on alot of car forums...and a common thread is that a man's decision to own a car is solely based on if his wife will LET him...granted I know that marriage is a 50/50 thing....shouldn't it be that you BOTH decided that you will not keep both cars?

Well, I sure wish more women had your attitude.......... :cry:

post-12257-1251050066_thumb.jpg

post-12257-1251050066_thumb.jpg

Well, I sure wish more women had your attitude.......... :cry:

Thanks, lol....and I am single!...I don't get it...haha...I am attractive...make a very god living...own my own home...and would NEVER begrudge my husband his dream car.....yet there is noone in sight....oh well

But really...I am guessing having both cars is not in your family's budget?...or maybe your wife wants to have her own car, too?

Thanks, lol....and I am single!...I don't get it...haha...I am attractive...make a very god living...own my own home...and would NEVER begrudge my husband his dream car.....yet there is noone in sight....oh well

But really...I am guessing having both cars is not in your family's budget?...or maybe your wife wants to have her own car, too?

Oh boy, Melissa you did it now... :hysterical:

INCOMING!!!

(sound of a thunderious herd of single men running into this forum)

:hide::hide::hide:

Oh boy, Melissa you did it now... :hysterical:

INCOMING!!!

(sound of a thunderious herd of single men running into this forum)

:hide::hide::hide:

Oh man...I am laughing!...lol....but, for real, I find that guys think it's cool for a woman...i.e. me...to be into cars....and to actually have a GT500....that I bought...er...financed...lol.....myself...BUT it isn't so cool for that type of woman to be their girlfriend/wife......and I ain't willing to change...nor give up that car for ANYONE....haha...so off to the homeless cat shelter I go....haha

Oh man...I am laughing!...lol....but, for real, I find that guys think it's cool for a woman...i.e. me...to be into cars....and to actually have a GT500....that I bought...er...financed...lol.....myself...BUT it isn't so cool for that type of woman to be their girlfriend/wife......and I ain't willing to change...nor give up that car for ANYONE....haha...so off to the homeless cat shelter I go....haha

Personally, I disagree with that mentality. To me, there's nothing better than being in a realtionship where both parties have some common ground. Individual likes and dislikes of course, but having a common interest...terrific.

Best wishes to you Melissa, you sound like you will be a great catch for someone; provided that they are self assured and don't try to change who you are as a person.

"Wanted: A man seeking a long term relationship."

"Must be employed and own a car."

"Please send picture and H.P. rating of car."

"Nothing less than 500 H.P. considered, no exceptions."

:hysterical:

Personally, I disagree with that mentality. To me, there's nothing better than being in a realtionship where both parties have some common ground. Individual likes and dislikes of course, but having a common interest...terrific.

Best wishes to you Melissa, you sound like you will be a great catch for someone; provided that they are self assured and don't try to change who you are as a person.

"Wanted: A man seeking a long term relationship."

"Must be employed and own a car."

"Please send picture and H.P. rating of car."

"Nothing less than 500 H.P. considered, no exceptions."

:hysterical:

Haha...that was hilarious!....a guy with a ZR1 would be awesome...I know...I know...we're supposed to be strictly Ford people.....haha

Well hello there!!

:shift:

Melissa, where about in New York are you? :lurk:

You don't want to share your story? :lurk:

Well, after telling it a zillion times not really but since you asked......

I had hauled my GT500 down to K.C. in my very nice Goldrush 38' race car trailer to have it put on the dyno at MC Racing in Overland Park, KS. After getting done at MC Racing's shop I loaded up the car and went to the Holiday Inn right next to the Kansas Speedway to spend the night. The next morning I went out to find my 2007 Dodge Ram Dually (Twin Turbo & 650 H.P. no less), Trailer and 1300 Mile GT500 (in trailer) all gone! At first I was thinking it had been towed because I had to park on the street but after calling the police it was determined that it had to have been stolen overnight. The ironic thing is whoever stole it couldn't have known what was in the trailer as the only windows were in the front living quarters part. My truck is still missing but they found my trailer with the car still inside parked on a side street in Joplin, MO. I'm sure the scum bag who took it was shocked when they opened my trailer and found the Shelby sitting there........ :drool:

Not a budget problem and she just got a new car 3 months ago. More like I have a 4 car garage and still don't have enough room for all the toys! I think she doesn't like the Vipers (I owned an 06 also) because only two of us could be in the car at a time. She wanted to be able to have her AND my two boys in on the fun all at once I think. When your a passenger in anything I drive it is an " E-Ticket Ride". :shift:

Hey, my next door neighbor is single, never married and owns TWO vettes one being a new Z06.............just saying!! :drool:

Well, after telling it a zillion times not really but since you asked......

I had hauled my GT500 down to K.C. in my very nice Goldrush 38' race car trailer to have it put on the dyno at MC Racing in Overland Park, KS. After getting done at MC Racing's shop I loaded up the car and went to the Holiday Inn right next to the Kansas Speedway to spend the night. The next morning I went out to find my 2007 Dodge Ram Dually (Twin Turbo & 650 H.P. no less), Trailer and 1300 Mile GT500 (in trailer) all gone! At first I was thinking it had been towed because I had to park on the street but after calling the police it was determined that it had to have been stolen overnight. The ironic thing is whoever stole it couldn't have known what was in the trailer as the only windows were in the front living quarters part. My truck is still missing but they found my trailer with the car still inside parked on a side street in Joplin, MO. I'm sure the scum bag who took it was shocked when they opened my trailer and found the Shelby sitting there........ :drool:

Crazy. I sometimes worry about getting my truck or car stolen from a hotel as well.

Archived