TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airborne GT500

LimeGreenGT

Last Friday I was lucky enough to parade to the Dearborn Development Center(fka/Dearborn Proving Grounds) with 64 other Mustangs/Shelbys and drive our cars around the track.

We were able to drive some 2010 Ford cars on the skills course and do ride alongs on the steering and handling course. It was a great day and Ford pulled out all the stops to be hospitable.

These were all volunteers too!

In this video from Ford Racing at about 1:49 you can see the GT500 get airborne. Unfortunately that was the worst handling car out there that day out of the Ford Racing stable. But it was stock.

Ford Racing at DDC

I was lucky enough to be there also;Rob drove the snot out of the 500;no puckering on his part,its part of what he does for a living.The GTs were fun.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Vons awesome drifting demonstration.

Doc

I was lucky enough to be there also;Rob drove the snot out of the 500;no puckering on his part,its part of what he does for a living.The GTs were fun.

Doc

You mean this one?

Vaughn Gittin Jr. at DDC

Had a great time talking with him over the week. We discussed a lot about the future of car mods and luring tuner guys over to Mustang. He used to live by Nissan 350z's until he drove a Mustang. I hope to be able to carry his line of parts in the fiutiure. Then on Saturday I met his father on 9 Mile. Funny guy that doesn't act his age.

Those Ford Teir 1 & 2 drivers can DRIVE A CAR! I loved going into the hairpin in the yellow FRPP prepped Mustang GT. That thing turned like it was on a tether cord. And Andy was wailing on that silver GT(40). That was my best ride of the day.

I can never say enough about the effort those guy put into the whole week. Thanks again Team Mustang and the Motor City Terminators!! :shift:

Any idea if those are stock tires?

Yup! Good Year Eagle F1.

Samething on the Yellow Car that impressed the heck out of me. My car doesn't turn like that on BFG R1's. So I did a lot of question asking to find out why my car doesn't turn well after the apex. And the Ford guys have no problems helping.

You mean this one?

Vaughn Gittin Jr. at DDC

Had a great time talking with him over the week. We discussed a lot about the future of car mods and luring tuner guys over to Mustang. He used to live by Nissan 350z's until he drove a Mustang. I hope to be able to carry his line of parts in the fiutiure. Then on Saturday I met his father on 9 Mile. Funny guy that doesn't act his age.

Those Ford Teir 1 & 2 drivers can DRIVE A CAR! I loved going into the hairpin in the yellow FRPP prepped Mustang GT. That thing turned like it was on a tether cord. And Andy was wailing on that silver GT(40). That was my best ride of the day.

I can never say enough about the effort those guy put into the whole week. Thanks again Team Mustang and the Motor City Terminators!! :shift:

Nope, this one.......

Have they put a link to our pictures up yrt?

Doc

Not yet. I had a casual picnic / car show gathering Thursday with 4 of the 5 guys that were running the show at DDC. The pics are going to take some time. Legal stuff, looking through and makiing sure there aren't anything items in the background that shouldn't be seen.

I'll inquire mid-week with one of the top dogs if nothing is out by then.

I was also one of the lucky ones to join in on the fun!

He was getting that GT500 airborn all day LONG!

What a blast it was!

Doc

Have they put a link to our pictures up yrt?

Doc

Here's the link to the album with the individual pics of our cars on the test track at DDC.

Mustang Alley 2009 Track Day

Archived