TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spotted GT 500 in southeast Wisconsin

MikeCMM

A friend of mine snapped this picture on April 21st, 2008. It was taken outside a Comfort Suites in I believe the Delafield / Waukesha area. Is this anybody's from Team Shelby? Sorry about the picture being so old. I forgot about it.

ATT1203103.jpg

A friend of mine snapped this picture on April 21st, 2008. It was taken outside a Comfort Suites in I believe the Delafield / Waukesha area. Is this anybody's from Team Shelby? Sorry about the picture being so old. I forgot about it.

ATT1203103.jpg

That looks like a "Clone" . Notice the GT steering wheel,painted bottom strip and the bright dash.

ATT1203103.jpg

I saw that thing for sale at Griffen on the used lot a few years ago. I was amazed that anybody would spend the money that they had to have spent to make a clone like that. It had the wheels, hood, front facia, and rear facia. Inside was stock GT.

Good eyes, guys. I never noticed it. As I said, a friend snapped the picture for me. He saw it up close but doesn't have an eye for Shelbys. And Griffen Ford would make sense seeing that's the area where the car was spotted.

Good eyes, guys. I never noticed it. As I said, a friend snapped the picture for me. He saw it up close but doesn't have an eye for Shelbys. And Griffen Ford would make sense seeing that's the area where the car was spotted.

It was on their used lot, and it had a "too good to be true" price in the window. This was before GT500 were readily available. I drove in to check it out, and yup, it was "too good to be true"....

Archived