TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Been waiting all summer

Just got home from work and "the call" was on the answering machine. 07SS0626 is ready to come home. It was too late to call back and get any details due to the time difference but will have my wife call tomorrow. This is actually her car as it was her 25th anniversary present in '07. We dropped the car off on May 22nd and it is almost 12 weeks to the day. Pretty good since we added the cooling upgrade in the middle of the process. Glad it is done as she was starting to loose sleep at night missing her car. Will update as soon as we contact SAI. Oh by the way we are driving out so I can haul the parts home and she will drive the car (about 800 miles).

Congrats to you and your Wife. She's gonna love her new ride.

My wife called today and made arrangements to pick up on Sept. 8th. Between our work and race schedules that is our first open date. So we will leave on Monday morning and drive all day. Show up at SAI promptly at 8:30 Tuesday morning and spend the day driving around Vegas to satisfy the rear end break-in. We then hit the road Wednesday morning to return home. Can't hardly wait.

Just got home from work and "the call" was on the answering machine. 07SS0626 is ready to come home. It was too late to call back and get any details due to the time difference but will have my wife call tomorrow. This is actually her car as it was her 25th anniversary present in '07. We dropped the car off on May 22nd and it is almost 12 weeks to the day. Pretty good since we added the cooling upgrade in the middle of the process. Glad it is done as she was starting to loose sleep at night missing her car. Will update as soon as we contact SAI. Oh by the way we are driving out so I can haul the parts home and she will drive the car (about 800 miles).

Yes that is pretty good. I am hoping we will run into each other there on Sept 8. I too have been waiting a long time, and I did not add anything in the middle of the process. I dropped off on April 15, but still not officially done.

Cheers

Brett

Yes that is pretty good. I am hoping we will run into each other there on Sept 8. I too have been waiting a long time, and I did not add anything in the middle of the process. I dropped off on April 15, but still not officially done.

Cheers

Brett

You are done!

Roger

I have had numerous conversations with Brett over the last few days and his car os done. Hope this clarifies the post Tom.

Roger

Tom:

That wasn't just a nice post. It was a freaking awesome post!!!

However, as Roger points out, the best communication was going on behinds the scenes one on one with SAI. Not on the website. Roger and Kameron have been awesome! They have kept me in the loop on where I was at along the way. The delay on my car was the painted parts (hood and side scoops). My original call to Roger was actually just out of curiousity on how the painting process worked. I knew I was close, most of my mechanical work was done in July. I hope people didn't take my post as being upset that Supercompdad got his car done before mine even though he had dropped off a month later. I made that post before I knew I was done, but I did know I was ~2 weeks out. Supercompdad hit the timing just right, changes or not. I was under the assumption that they would do colors in batches, but wasn't quite sure. Turns out that yes, Vista Blue painted parts just happened to be behind Torch Red and Grabber Orange, hense that is why Supercompdad and Bonedoc got their cars faster. It was just luck of the draw. I am super pumped about going down next week to take a look at my baby and make final arrangements to have my car trucked home to Calgary.

Thank you Roger and Kameron for doing little extras that are truly appreciated!!

Cheers

Brett

• 2 weeks later...
Just to let you all know 07SS0626 is home. I am starting another post as I want to say a few things I don't want to get lost in here.

Congrats!! Good to hear you and your wife + the new baby made it home. I'm sure your wife is pumped about the SS. Can't wait to see some pics. That never gets old!!

Cheers

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Archived