TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 production numbers ??

1970boss302

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many were produced so far this year ??

I'd really like to know this. Robert? Anybody? Surely somebody knows somebody that knows somebody that knows how many have been made. Ralph?

I'd really like to know this. Robert? Anybody? Surely somebody knows somebody that knows somebody that knows how many have been made. Ralph?

I just sent my Regional Ford Zone Rep. an e-mail to see if that info can be given to me. I will let you know. I also am checking on the holiday shutdown schedule.

My zone rep. sent me this e mail today:

Rob -

The info I have been able to get is this:

Yes, Ford will produce 10,000 in the 2007 model year

We don't have a number to provide on Shelby count so far this year

Plant shut down is planned for the week of Christmas

Hope this helps.

My zone rep. sent me this e mail today:

Rob -

The info I have been able to get is this:

Yes, Ford will produce 10,000 in the 2007 model year

We don't have a number to provide on Shelby count so far this year

Plant shut down is planned for the week of Christmas

Hope this helps.

glad to hear it is 10 and not 8. Go Ford.

Thanks for following up Rob.

I'd say that's a good thing! Keep making 'em Ford - the more out there, the more fun we ALL get to have!

YES, I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND A LITTLE, but it's because at first it was around 7,000 units to be made then it went to 9,000 & now some Rep. says they are making 10,000 cars.

YES, I WANT EVERYONE HERE ON THIS FORUM TO GET ONE FOR MSRP! IF YOU CAN AFFORD ADM'S go get one now from a dealer sitting on them.

Dealers are still holding out & hanging on to these cars for maximum ADM's. I would call that being held Hostage for a GT500. Yes the level of intrest has dropped some but it's been 6 months now for production & we still can't get firm numbers on production numbers , thats' BS & WHY IS THAT? (Hhmmmm)

The more they make the more you will see this car turn into a Common Stang & then the Shelby name means a little less after 10,000+ GT500's are made for 2007 MY & then another 10,000 Shelby GT's for 2007 are made = 20,000 New Shelby's in the first year production run. Now throw in the 2nd years run of 10,000 each & you have 40,000 Shelby's in 2 years.

Just seems a little less special now doesn't it

Well I was just down at my dealership and they were selling their GT 500 coupe that has been on the floor for 3 months today. Some guy from out of the area bought it and they reduced the ADM by 14,000 bucks. He paid 60k plus tax etc. He paid for the tax and license out of pocket and financed the rest. His payment is more then what I pay on my house a month. Long story short, They are getting another one in and it's still not close to what I want color or option wise. The sales guy told me that maybe in the next 6 months or so I could get one at MSRP. He seems to think 08 will not be a problem. This was before the 10,000 dollar number came out. We'll see.

He also asked if I wanted the Shelby GT. Not interested.

YES, I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND A LITTLE, but it's because at first it was around 7,000 units to be made then it went to 9,000 & now some Rep. says they are making 10,000 cars.

YES, I WANT EVERYONE HERE ON THIS FORUM TO GET ONE FOR MSRP! IF YOU CAN AFFORD ADM'S go get one now from a dealer sitting on them.

Dealers are still holding out & hanging on to these cars for maximum ADM's. I would call that being held Hostage for a GT500. Yes the level of intrest has dropped some but it's been 6 months now for production & we still can't get firm numbers on production numbers , thats' BS & WHY IS THAT? (Hhmmmm)

The more they make the more you will see this car turn into a Common Stang & then the Shelby name means a little less after 10,000+ GT500's are made for 2007 MY & then another 10,000 Shelby GT's for 2007 are made = 20,000 New Shelby's in the first year production run. Now throw in the 2nd years run of 10,000 each & you have 40,000 Shelby's in 2 years.

Just seems a little less special now doesn't it

ColdwaterHotrod,

I too want the production numbers to stay low. I heard from Five Oh B that only 6000 Shelby GT's are being made, so that number is not as high as you thought. I hope everyone on this forum gets their car, and I also hope they only make about 8000 GT500 units for 2007. Flame suit on.

ColdwaterHotrod,

I too want the production numbers to stay low. I heard from Five Oh B that only 6000 Shelby GT's are being made, so that number is not as high as you thought. I hope everyone on this forum gets their car, and I also hope they only make about 8000 GT500 units for 2007. Flame suit on.

I got your back. :extinguish:

OK I dug up my old calculations for something to do & readjusted it to reflect the (2) 8 hrs shifts only. At the end I threw in Ralph’s numbers per week just for comparison.

Based on the latest 2006 Ford sales numbers, here is my best guess on how it's broken down on production.

I don't know what the Marketing Strategy & Mix Recommendations are for each model is, but I think this will help give a rough estimate. I only used only actual SALES numbers FORD just released & worked it out like we do at that plant for quick estimates when a plant is running at full line capacity. I can only assume that when they get back from shut-down that they will be building these on all 3-shifts to meet the 9,000 car target.

2006 Month of June sales for (ALL) Mustangs = 15,165 cars

If the assembly plant is working only 5-days a week that's = 22 full days of production for the month of June

22 days x 16Hrs. in a day = 352 production hrs.

15,165 cars divided by 352 hrs. = 43.08 Mustangs made per Hour

43.08 Mustangs made per Hour = 344.64 Mustangs per 8 hr. shift

344.64 Mustangs per (2) 8 hr. shifts = 689.28 Mustangs per day

A days production run is split into (12) different models or variations of mustangs (V-6's, V-8's, Coupes, Convertibles, GT's & Shelby's)

Take 689.28 Mustangs per day divided by (12) different models or variations = only 57.44 cars of each variation model Mustang per day.

57.44 cars per day divided by 16 hrs. = 2.39 Shelby's per Hr. = 287.2 Shelby's in a 5 day week

287.2 Shelby's per per week times 48 weeks at that rate they could make a maximum of 13,786 a year.

Now some have suggested that they will only build the Shelby’s on 1st shift only. If they were only building on 1 shift for the entire year at 2.39 cars per Hr. that's 19.2 cars in an 8 Hr. Shift. Now times that by 5 production days and that's = 95.6 cars a week, now times that by 48 weeks & that's = 4,588.8 Shelby cars a year & that wouldn't make the target of 9,000 cars now would it.

AAI is not just going to make one model all day long. It just doesn't work that way with J.I.T. PLUS, I haven't even thrown in the number of Mazda's that are on the line also. So don't expect any high volumes of Shelby's to be running off the line anytime soon. It’s a controlled mix that flows down the line so sit back & wait it out, at least you have your order in & it will be made.

Again, I think that rate we 1st got was based on a safe launch for the 1st month of production to get all the bugs worked out of the line & to insure quality control standards were met. Automotive Engineers like me don't like to work 2nd & 3rd shifts just to de-bug launch problems when we can do it on 1st shift during a normal business day. Then we can ramp up the line to be trouble free for 2nd & 3rd shift production. Between what Robert said at 2 Shelby’s per Hour & my above estimated rate they can accommodate any up or down movement in sales for any model car that is made on the line. Unfortunately, that means this drags out longer than what we want & we can't always get it our way when Big BILL has a set plan to move Way Forward.

EDIT:

250 cars per week per Ralph times 48 weeks = 12,000 SHELBY GT500’s made

Hope this helps.

HotRod

Archived