TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11.95 on Stock Tires

bring500

The Oct issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords tested a 2010 GT500 at a N.J. dragstrip, resulting in an 11.95 ET at just over 120mph. It ran quicker on slicks, and dyno tested at just over 500 HP. New Jersey air must be good for these Shelbys! Or maybe its's the gas. Their web site does not appear to have this article, yet.

Seen this? Even the owner questioned if it was real but he does have the time slip to prove it. From a 'vert no less...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelb...0-new-best.html

They chalked that up as a fluke in the timing equipment as the owner went back out to attempt to back up those times but has only been pulling off 12.80's. All the cars go faster in NJ because some of those tracks normally have below sea level air all the time.

They chalked that up as a fluke in the timing equipment as the owner went back out to attempt to back up those times but has only been pulling off 12.80's. All the cars go faster in NJ because some of those tracks normally have below sea level air all the time.

For the record that was me... And I (Personally and privately) haven't ruled it as a fluke since I have been unable to get a similar quality pass at my local track.

The same day I ran the 11.60 I ran 12.45 and 12.50's too. With 1.8x 60's. So I think the number was real but you will not see me yelling it from the rooftops because that's not how I roll. Only if I back it up with video would I be that way online.

the track I ran that at was Maple Grove PA and it was really excellent prep. I was like the 5th or 6th pair of cars to make a pass that morning.

Dont know if I'll ever drive back or try E Town at some point...

For some reason.......everything is faster in NJ, MM&FF cars always seem to make more hp on the dyno...........and Evan Smith is a serious stick driver............but whatever........Evan ran the best e.t for the '07 too........12.27@ 117

You are right about Evan. He ran about the quickest KR time I saw. Unlike in most of the videos I've seem, he powershifts, and stages carefully at the lights to get the best times.

BTW, your comment about your GSXR being "fast" is a very large understatement. I had a 2006 version and would describe it as "insane". Anything that can run a 9.77 sec 1/4 mile, pure stock, is mighty quick. I traded it in on a Can Am Spyder, before I killed myself!

Archived