TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That's more like it, 0 - 60 IN 4.1!

machinehead

Has anyone seen this Motor Trend comparison between the 2010 Hennessey Camaro, 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the 2010 GT500? I'm pretty psyched about it. They were able to knock .6 seconds off of the Shelby's initial 0 - 60 time from a couple of months ago when they tested in cold weather with stiff headwinds. The writers choose the Shelby over the more expensive Camaro and (less expensive) Challenger even though the Camaro was faster in the quarter mile "Because it's the complete package and lacks nothing but a stickier set of tires. The Shelby GT500 has the right look inside and out, along with stunning track performancce and drivability the other two simply cannot match". That's the Motor Trend guys language not mine. I just hapen to agree.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...srt8/index.html

Has anyone seen this Motor Trend comparison between the 2010 Hennessey Camaro, 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the 2010 GT500? I'm pretty psyched about it. They were able to knock .6 seconds off of the Shelby's initial 0 - 60 time from a couple of months ago when they tested in cold weather with stiff headwinds. The writers choose the Shelby over the more expensive Camaro and (less expensive) Challenger even though the Camaro was faster in the quarter mile "Because it's the complete package and lacks nothing but a stickier set of tires. The Shelby GT500 has the right look inside and out, along with stunning track performancce and drivability the other two simply cannot match". That's the Motor Trend guys language not mine. I just hapen to agree.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...srt8/index.html

I try not to get too excited about mag reviews. It's nice to be picked but I could car less if another like my car as long as I do. :)

I try not to get too excite about mag reviews. It's nice to be picked but I could car less if another like my car as long as I do. :)

I agree.. I was more excited about the 4.1 second 0 - 60 time. After their initial review I was not all that impressed by the 4.7 second time. I ordered one anyway but that seemed a tad slow for a 540+ HP car. 4.1 seems more in line with what it should be, and that was with stock tires. I'm thinking better tires might get you a sub 4 second 0 - 60. That's impressive!

I don't buy into the the reviews all that much either. Not many of us drive our cars at the limits regularly (some do I know). These mags assume we do and test accordingly. To me the ultimate performance measurement is FUN. If a car/motorcycle is fun for me then that's my test. Although it is nice when others confirm what you already know. :shift:

I thought the Motor Trend Best Driver's Car comparison was more meaningful. They ranked the GT500 over some other pretty impressive cars including the ZR1. As said, it really comes down to how much YOU enjoy the car, not what some mag was able or not able to wring out of it.

Archived