TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cover the heat extractors while washing?

ddtlaw

How many of you do this and how?

I don't bother with it. I just spray gently around them when rinsing. The water really doesn't flow into the engine bay that much at all if you are careful when rinsing.

YA I had the clowns at the Dealership wash my car befored they delivered it and they water spotted the whole engine area. I was pissed because as I popped the hood for the 1st time I had white spots everywhere!!

So far I,am using the 2" blue painters tape when washing or polishing. My next move is to get acouple of oversized mouse pads and cut them to fit over the opening.

try a yard blower to dry off [elc ] and keep for this task only !!!!!!! also comprest air for tight spots can help . Mr clean car wash sys has a water filter that won't leave spot's ............try next time you detail your ride. DECO 2580

try a yard blower to dry off [elc ] and keep for this task only !!!!!!! also comprest air for tight spots can help . Mr clean car wash sys has a water filter that won't leave spot's ............try next time you detail your ride. DECO 2580

comprest?

compost?

presto?

computers?

compressed.

It's all in good fun DEC...if you look around you'll see we get everyone. Heck, they get me sometimes too. :hysterical:

Dave...Dave...Dave... :rant:

There ya go...picking on the new guys again. He has 9 posts. :redcard:

:stop: You owe him a coney dog for your actions.

I don't cover. The amount of water intrusion into the engine compartment is minimal; nothing that can't be blowen dry with compressed air and a little wipe down here and there.

Archived