TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 GT Stripes Rusting

I have a 08 Shelby GT Blue w/ silver stripes, within 6 mos the stripes started to turn brown (rust), when I took it to the dealer they reported it was a known problem that the stripes were defective. My Father in law also bought the same car and his stripes rusted too. We are both on our second set of stripes and geuss what? His has rusted solid across the top and mine are starting to spot again. Ford had to get the parts from Shelby so they are still sending the defective stripes.

Wondering if anyone else is having these problems?? This is very frustrating!!

I have a 08 Shelby GT Blue w/ silver stripes, within 6 mos the stripes started to turn brown (rust), when I took it to the dealer they reported it was a known problem that the stripes were defective. My Father in law also bought the same car and his stripes rusted too. We are both on our second set of stripes and geuss what? His has rusted solid across the top and mine are starting to spot again. Ford had to get the parts from Shelby so they are still sending the defective stripes.

Wondering if anyone else is having these problems?? This is very frustrating!!

I would start by looking here

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37527

then do a search as there are all kinds of posts about the stripes....have fun and oh BTW, Welcome to TS Craig

Sad to hear about your stripes second set boy nice quality stripes. I stopped by Ford dealer in Racine WI still has 08 SGT Conv with MARK UP still and stirpes and scopp look like crap, stripes have spots and rust, so it is just not an area of country, my 07 SGT is fine BUT never in rained not washed but once a year and WAX and glaze the stripes weekly Ford and Shelby should be held reponsible for this situation, I guess Ford turned down by brothers 08 as due to acid rain, Hmmm he lives in mountains in CO NOT near any factorys car covered like mine in garage and waxed as mine is, Hmmm sounds like Ford and Shelby trying to save money, if mine go bad Ill have them painted after I put on my chip Beck scoop that is at body shop getting painted, My brother is selling his enough crap he said for a new car, we both have Shelbys from 60s so we still like them but too many problems for my brother I will hang in therre and see Bruce

Sad to hear about your stripes second set boy nice quality stripes. I stopped by Ford dealer in Racine WI still has 08 SGT Conv with MARK UP still and stirpes and scopp look like crap, stripes have spots and rust, so it is just not an area of country, my 07 SGT is fine BUT never in rained not washed but once a year and WAX and glaze the stripes weekly Ford and Shelby should be held reponsible for this situation, I guess Ford turned down by brothers 08 as due to acid rain, Hmmm he lives in mountains in CO NOT near any factorys car covered like mine in garage and waxed as mine is, Hmmm sounds like Ford and Shelby trying to save money, if mine go bad Ill have them painted after I put on my chip Beck scoop that is at body shop getting painted, My brother is selling his enough crap he said for a new car, we both have Shelbys from 60s so we still like them but too many problems for my brother I will hang in therre and see Bruce

I didnt have a problem til i started leaving my 07 out in the rain

Archived