TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Satellite radio on Shaker 500

thewheelman

I have an 07 with the Shaker 500 stereo. I would like to install satellite radio on it, but don't want the receiver sticking up out of the console or something. What is necessary to install the "factory" satellite system?

Thanks!

I have an 07 with the Shaker 500 stereo. I would like to install satellite radio on it, but don't want the receiver sticking up out of the console or something. What is necessary to install the "factory" satellite system?

Thanks!

Your dealer can upgrade your Factory radio to satellite radio. The cost varies but you are looking at 500 to 600 dollars.

I've been on the fence about keeping my Shaker 500 head. This is the one I'm currently looking at. Mostly for the Ipod control, but is XM and Sirius ready out of the box. And is $550 MSRP, which Ebay has them for around $400.

The Pionner AVH-P4100DVD

Pioneer-4100.jpg

Thanks!

If i may,unless you want to keep it factory, skip the shaker and put an after mkt satellite ready receiver in.i have an alpine receiver in my ranger and it almost never loses the signal.im talking about under trees

and stuff its very good.i have the factory set up w/nav in my car as well as my wifes expedition and believe me they are nowhere near as good as that alpine is.im talking about as far as losing the signal

good luck in your quest

Archived