TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Navigation on 2009 GT500

bonefish

So it can be done but, I guess I want to know if it is an easy in and out switch? No special faceplates etc...needed just take one out and put the other in.

Sounds like maybe no. Just wondered if anyone had done this...or should I just get it from the start.

Did anyone every know an answer as to why the nav system wasn't offered with the shaker?

And on a side note... when I was getting mine they pulled invoice on two blue ones; one with a nav and one with the shaker. I was fairly impartial, and honestly really didn't want the nav, but that's what I got.

I have to say... I'm happy that I did get the nav. It adds a nice appearance/addition to the interior of the car.

Bonesfish, do you have the shaker? And does anyone know if the nav can be placed in with a 500 with the shaker, or will there be problems? Just looking ahead...

I have neither at the moment....I am asking so, I when I get my car or later this year when I look to do this I get it if I need to or wait for later to do it..if I can. Trying to get the best option as the nav adds $2k...and dollars are tight. 2k equates to about $10.00 per month. I can handle around $600.00 payment..much more over that I can't do it.

Don't get the Ford factory Nav system. Save the cash and get one of the Pioneer AVIC setups (has nav) and add in your bluetooth (for the phone) and mod the system to play dvd's. It's so much cooler and better than the "Ford" branded Pioneer systems. they'll also control your ipod.

Don't get the Ford factory Nav system. Save the cash and get one of the Pioneer AVIC setups (has nav) and add in your bluetooth (for the phone) and mod the system to play dvd's. It's so much cooler and better than the "Ford" branded Pioneer systems. they'll also control your ipod.

I thought about that but, I like the ford system...and it has sync so, that will control your iPod. I thought it also synced the phone? If not that ain't no biggie. I rarely use my cell except to call home saying I'll be there soon..

Besides my guess is that system will cost me more than the ford..and look aftermarket.

In the end when I get mine if I have sacrifice the nav to a later date I'll check everything out before I add.

I'm glad I didn't rush out and put the Ford Nav or the Pioneer I was looking at.

I've been looking for sometime at new Receivers and think Pioneer has one of the best Nav systems out there. The AVIC line is a great line of NAVs. It's definitely worth spending the time to check them out. Living in a very small city, I don't know if I will buy the Nav or go with a good CD/DVD receiver.

Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Pioneer-AVIC-Z110BT.jpg

I want or will be getting a 2009 GT500 later this year. Thinking I want navigation but, may wait if I can add it later. Is it a direct replacement for the stock stereo? Let me know!

Thanks!

Do you mean you are getting a '10? The 07-09 do not have SYNC as stated in your other post. Only way to get SYNC in the Mustang is to get a 2010. I take it that's what you meant, since you can't order an 09 anymore....but, does anyone know if you can add in the SYNC system from a 10 into the 07-09? Is that swap possible and easy? What about swapping the steering wheels? Would be nice to have stereo controls on the wheel like the 10's. My wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee has that, can't believe they didn't put it on the 07-09 Mustang.

Do you mean you are getting a '10? The 07-09 do not have SYNC as stated in your other post. Only way to get SYNC in the Mustang is to get a 2010. I take it that's what you meant, since you can't order an 09 anymore....but, does anyone know if you can add in the SYNC system from a 10 into the 07-09? Is that swap possible and easy? What about swapping the steering wheels? Would be nice to have stereo controls on the wheel like the 10's. My wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee has that, can't believe they didn't put it on the 07-09 Mustang.

No I mant an 09. Not ordering one thier are alot of them out there so, I'll just find one and go get it. I assumed sync was on the 09 since it is on just about every other ford and has been since 07 I believe. Oh well that's kind of stupid in my opinion if that is true but, it ain't an absolute need.

Archived