TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang GT500 Supercharger Tests - Twin Screw Vs. TVS

CobraFun

Yeah, but at pump gas boost levels, 17 psi or less, and with a cai and larger TB to match the Kenne Bell's big one, the TVS is on par for horsepower, and actually makes more torque.

Sure you can turn the big KB up to 23 lbs, but who honestly runs around on the street like that? At the track on race gas, great, but for the street and daily driving the TVS is just as good.

Both make 630-670 rwhp on straight 93 on the dyno, no torco. And IMHO, running 19 lbs or higher without torco or a race gas mix is pulling the pin on a grenade and seeing how long it takes.

well...this was posted quite a while ago. it isn't exactly "scientific method." really, the article proves nothing except if you run the same pulley size, the twin screw wins.

m122 2.6 pulley 518rwhp

TVS 2.6 pulley 14.5psi 609rwhp

KB 2.6 pulley 23psi 788 rwhp

the question is...what is the KB @ 14.5psi?

Now, I am a twin screw fan, I think they rule...but this test stinks.

well...this was posted quite a while ago. it isn't exactly "scientific method." really, the article proves nothing except if you run the same pulley size, the twin screw wins.

m122 2.6 pulley 518rwhp

TVS 2.6 pulley 14.5psi 609rwhp

KB 2.6 pulley 23psi 788 rwhp

the question is...what is the KB @ 14.5psi?

Now, I am a twin screw fan, I think they rule...but this test stinks.

Yeah, until they took them off and put them on a blower dyno that measures the performance of the blower in isolation:

"This means it took 147 hp to drive the TVS supercharger at this speed and flow level. By comparison, the Kenne Bell required only 12,700 rpm to produce the same 20 psi. Running the same boost level, the discharge temperature registered only 282 degrees, and the Twin Screw blower absorbed only 111 hp in the process. Thus the Twin Screw reduced the inlet charge temp, blower speed, and parasitic losses required to reach the desired boost level."

I wonder when Dan is going to jump in? :-)

Archived