TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have the fever lol

TacRunner

Thanks Dubbs,

I have called several times so far (not trying to get anyone mad at me yet :hysterical:

In Email Corospondence, This was the answer to my question.

:mail:

Good Question. My best guess would be around the first of the year. Since the body changed, a lot of the parts have to be remade for the vehicle.

Bud Mahoney

I hope he doesn't get upset at me dropping his name like this. :redcard: I apologize in advance Bud.

But my wife and I will be traveling to SAI in a couple of weeks to talk about things.Hope to have better news for everyone then.

Nah, Bud is a great guy and a HUGE assett to SAI! If someone is in the know...it is Bud...but I read into that there will be a 2010, they just need to adjust some parts...

Hey doesn't mind having his name dropped....right Bud? As long as you pick it back up and dust it off :hysterical:

I know that some of you don't like it but you wait once I get the 2010 done this truck and that car, together, are going to be great! Just trying to past my love for the Shelby Terlingua Terror on for others to enjoy.

I'm just waiting to hear that someone called up SAI and wanted to put an order in for one, :hysterical:

What's not to like. To me, the Terlingua spirit encompasses much more than a vehicle. When I think of Terlingua, I think of it's rich heritage and at times comical history. Although primarily associated with Mustangs, and while deservedly so, the Terlingua spirit can be with any vehicle. And I think the history of it certainly demonstrates this.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Ok all that last set of graphics is getting ready for the Terlingua Taco but I had a question or two.

1. is the racing stripe over the roof approx 20 inchs wide? it is a very wide stripe but when it comes to vinyl I have limited choices _ I was thinking of a 18 inch or 20 inch stripe, but I could go as wide as 24 inches but what do you think?

2. The door stripe on most of the Terlingua's are either Black or Yellow. I decided to go with a Blue Stripe (matches the blue already on the truck) with Yellow Lettering. but what do you all think?

Ok all that last set of graphics is getting ready for the Terlingua Taco but I had a question or two.

1. is the racing stripe over the roof approx 20 inchs wide? it is a very wide stripe but when it comes to vinyl I have limited choices _ I was thinking of a 18 inch or 20 inch stripe, but I could go as wide as 24 inches but what do you think?

2. The door stripe on most of the Terlingua's are either Black or Yellow. I decided to go with a Blue Stripe (matches the blue already on the truck) with Yellow Lettering. but what do you all think?

PM Sent. :happy feet:

VB

Ok, I have all the Vinyl cut for all the last things except for the "meatball" on the side.

Since the Terlingua's are given "Meatballs" with the number corrosponding with the year of the vehicle, should I stay with that or go different, I do feeel alittle weird about having a number 01 on the door but then again, if I went this far why should I stop now right?

Well, if your not sure about the number, maybe make it "01 t" and make the "t" smaller in size to designate the 2001 build year for a Terlingua, Taco Class/Edition.

(Thought I saw that title posted somewhere before.)

Something like this...

TacoNumber.jpg

OK I have done it.

The Racing Stripe on the roof and the Door Stripes are on... The vinyl was doing good yesterday.

What do you guys think ... the Last thing left is the "Meatballs" on the doors, Still trying to decide what number pattern to use.

I love it!!! :drool:

VB

I love it!!! :drool:

VB

Thanks VB, Hopefully I haven't offended to many with my Truck.

ok, I have a question for all of you that have a Blue Terlingua's, did you have a chance to choose on a yellow or black hood or did they tell you that you could only have a black hood and stripe? With the Windveil and Vista blues, I just curious if I'm going to have a chance to ask for a Yellow hood and stripe for my Grabber Blue Mustang.

I'm not to crazy about the Black but it would go better with my truck

This is a quick Photoshop on the Gawdawful yellow on Grabber Blue.

blueylw.jpg

Thanks VB, Hopefully I haven't offended to many with my Truck.

ok, I have a question for all of you that have a Blue Terlingua's, did you have a chance to choose on a yellow or black hood or did they tell you that you could only have a black hood and stripe? With the Windveil and Vista blues, I just curious if I'm going to have a chance to ask for a Yellow hood and stripe for my Grabber Blue Mustang.

I'm not to crazy about the Black but it would go better with my truck

This is a quick Photoshop on the Gawdawful yellow on Grabber Blue.

blueylw.jpg

Hey TacRunner,

Here are the current color options and hood options from the Terlingua brcohure as it stands.

Color Options:

Yellow w/black hood/striping

Blue w/black hood/striping

Red w/black hood/striping

White w/black hood/striping

Silver, alloy, gray, vapor w/black hood/striping

Orange w/black hood/striping

Ebony w/yellow hood/striping

The only color car that gets the yellow hood is Ebony currently - however the rabbit color and side graphic stripes can be silver or yellow with a number of the color combos.

This is my best info/guesses.

VB

Tac--maybe try a bit of a shift in shade to a Grabber Orange tint for the hood with your Grabber Blue paint.

Or for a twist of a different history, maybe do it in a "Gulf" racing orange which has a tad more red to the orange.

I can see how a black hood and stripe might tone down some of the Grabber Blue glow.

I dunno ...

A black hood always seems to mean "serious business" to me. Black hood with yellow Lucifer looks good. If it's not dramatic enough, try outlining the hood and stripe with the yellow, an inch or two wide. Even better with the Grabber Blue, how about the STP/Marlborough fluorescent red/pink for stripe and accent? Hoo hah! Shades of 1970s racing, for sure.

I guess Mr Shelby liked the regular red with Grabber Blue scheme. Make the hood black and the stripe red; I'm not crazy about a red rabbit, but with the black hood/red stripe thing, the silver hare would be just fine, my view.

I need to find a place to do me some vinyl Terlingua rabbits and side lettering...

Not trying to take credit for anything, but all of the Bunny decals on my truck were drawn by me in microsoft paint, (the fender badges I bought from the Shelby store) all the stripes, I asked questions about size and then had a buddy of my that owns one of those sticker shops you see in the mall cut them for me.

For my Roof stripe - the Terlingua stripe is 22'' wide - I went 24 because there was no way for cut the straight edge as good as the pre-cut vinyl, so I bought a roll of Avery vinyl 24'' wide and left it at that.

The Bunny on the hood is a 24'' x 20''. The Bunny on the tailgate is 10" x 9''.

For the Door stripes I did a 6'' 3 stripes set up. a thin/thick/thin set the thins are 1/2'' and the thick is 4'' - they are spaced 1/2'' apart from one another.

The lettering on the door stripe I did in 3'' lettering.

The Lettering on the bed was 2'' lettering.

The Pit stripes are 2'' wide with 1'' spacing between each other.

I hope this helps.

all the vinyl that was applied was done by my best bud and myself. We used soapy water in large amounts so we could some play room before the sticker finally sat up. I advise for lettering, do not use soapy water because it makes the process take longer and more tedious.

I hope this helps everyone who needs help appling stickers and more.

Not trying to take credit for anything, but all of the Bunny decals on my truck were drawn by me in microsoft paint, (the fender badges I bought from the Shelby store) all the stripes, I asked questions about size and then had a buddy of my that owns one of those sticker shops you see in the mall cut them for me.

For my Roof stripe - the Terlingua stripe is 22'' wide - I went 24 because there was no way for cut the straight edge as good as the pre-cut vinyl, so I bought a roll of Avery vinyl 24'' wide and left it at that.

The Bunny on the hood is a 24'' x 20''. The Bunny on the tailgate is 10" x 9''.

For the Door stripes I did a 6'' 3 stripes set up. a thin/thick/thin set the thins are 1/2'' and the thick is 4'' - they are spaced 1/2'' apart from one another.

The lettering on the door stripe I did in 3'' lettering.

The Lettering on the bed was 2'' lettering.

The Pit stripes are 2'' wide with 1'' spacing between each other.

I hope this helps.

all the vinyl that was applied was done by my best bud and myself. We used soapy water in large amounts so we could some play room before the sticker finally sat up. I advise for lettering, do not use soapy water because it makes the process take longer and more tedious.

I hope this helps everyone who needs help appling stickers and more.

WOW! Thank you soo much! That helps a ton! I'm going to have to find a sticker guy to help me. I am an art teacher/artist, so I should be able to come up with the rabbit design, I just don't have the sticker guy. Sweet!!

WOW! Thank you soo much! That helps a ton! I'm going to have to find a sticker guy to help me. I am an art teacher/artist, so I should be able to come up with the rabbit design, I just don't have the sticker guy. Sweet!!

Send me a PM and I'll send you the file I used for "lucifer" - it is rough drawing at the 24", but according to my wife she said that the bunny is fuzzy :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got back from SAI last week and though while limited I got news - the 2010s are not even close to being started yet. Its not going to be a thought till about Jan or Feb but they are going to need a Mule to spec all the new parts, the only thing that is going to be the same for the 2005-09 to the 2010 seems to be the Stripes, the Hood Bunny, and the Supercharger. Because of all the crazy body re-designs that Ford did I'm not going to be able to get a Terlingua till Summer next year. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But I did get my truck done!! :doh:

Well I got back from SAI last week and though while limited I got news - the 2010s are not even close to being started yet. Its not going to be a thought till about Jan or Feb but they are going to need a Mule to spec all the new parts, the only thing that is going to be the same for the 2005-09 to the 2010 seems to be the Stripes, the Hood Bunny, and the Supercharger. Because of all the crazy body re-designs that Ford did I'm not going to be able to get a Terlingua till Summer next year. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But I did get my truck done!! :doh:

Tac,

Thanks for the update - your truck looks great! :drool:

VB

Thanks for the update....it was good meeting you at Mustangs on the Bay last Sunday...we missed you at the TS lunch! Your truck looks good and we all hope that SAI is able to build your 2010 Terlingua ASAP :happy feet:

Leann

Thanks for the update....it was good meeting you at Mustangs on the Bay last Sunday...we missed you at the TS lunch! Your truck looks good and we all hope that SAI is able to build your 2010 Terlingua ASAP :happy feet:

Leann

Hey Thanks Leann, It was good to meet you as well. I apologize for the miss on the TS Lunch - the Car Club and Wife were on their way else where and I was trying to coordinate things but it just got to hectic. My wife loves your car but remains firm that I'm going to have to wait for her to get a new Stang in order for me to turn the 2010 to a Terlingua. So it will be two stangs in the stable but she won't tell me what she is wanting. I'm just waiting for the word from SAI to convert this 2010 to a TRT.

That's cool Tac....maybe next time...some of the SoCal TS bunch will be at the Orange County Mustang Club's Mustang Madness show on the 25th...check it out under the "events" thread...maybe we will see you there

Leann

Archived