TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have the fever lol

TacRunner

No its not a ford, .... No its not a Mustang, .... however, pause for effect, SAI is not ready for a Terlingua Conversion on my 2010 so I have to put my creative talent to good use or who knows what I might do. :banghead:

Anyway, ...

I know where Big Bend is and having a 4x Truck in that area would not be out of place. We will need to have a "pull out the struck car" rig for when ya'll go into the bar ditch during the Bull Run. :doh::hysterical:

:headscratch: ummm, is that a Terlingua sticker on a....Toyota... :doh: sorry, I mean it's yours, but I'm just not feeling it

I know that it's hard to see, but the truck was paid off along time ago, I'm not needing a new truck in Southern California anytime soon, might as well try to have fun with it. Heck the worst day of weather here is like a light shower anywhere else.

Besides the Taco is 70% built and assembled in the states the same as most Ford cars/trucks.

But Check6, I do appecaite your comment. Everyone has a opinion or prefrence or whatever, that they prefer over others. Before Apr 09, if someone told me that I would be owning another ford I would have slapped them. And thats not to mention that my Wife and I, have had the time of lives in the new mustang!!!

May be a good time to revive the remembery that one of the original uses of the TRT logo-stickers was to slap them on anything you could reach on the starting grid, so the banner could be carried proudly into war (even if the warriors didn't know about it!) .

I'm not sure that in this day and age the flavor of a stickered Toyota is all that good, but even a misplaced gesture is better than no gesture at all. (LOL face goes here)

And let us not forget CS raced Toyotas in the 60s(GT 2000s?)

In the 1980s my Mitsubishi PU sported Cobra emblems because that was as close as I

could come to owning one.(my 1940s Ford 8n tractor wears galloping ponys)

If it trips your trigger,do it.

Doc

May be a good time to revive the remembery that one of the original uses of the TRT logo-stickers was to slap them on anything you could reach on the starting grid, so the banner could be carried proudly into war (even if the warriors didn't know about it!) .

I'm not sure that in this day and age the flavor of a stickered Toyota is all that good, but even a misplaced gesture is better than no gesture at all. (LOL face goes here)

I have put Terlingua stickers on my F350, GT500, GT500 Vert, Expedition and put them on a Porsche 911 that was left in the garage at the track. They've also graced 1 totorhome and 2 trailers.

And let us not forget CS raced Toyotas in the 60s(GT 2000s?)

[ ... ]

My 1:43 scale models of the Toyota 2000GTs driven by Davey Jordan and Scooter Patrick. The #23 (Jordan) car is autographed on the case; although I was able to talk with Patrick at the RIR Legends gathering in March, I had forgotten to take the #33 model to have him sign it. Maybe next March.

I don't see any TRT stickers on them. Anyone have a few 1:43 TRT stickers to spare?

3838394039_e312863b75_o.jpg3839183856_2c714949f6_o.jpg3838394027_a58f30da22_o.jpg3838393967_bb9a6c4b4c_o.jpg

3838393951_e7bbffcdf9_o.jpg3838393939_711507107e_o.jpg

Scooter Patrick:

standard.jpg

Thanks Frank,

When I joined WickedStangs Mustang Club shorlty after purchasing our first Mustang back in Apirl, I had the privilege of meeting you. Your cars are beauitful, well cared for and you are one determined racer!

The first time I had heard stories of the Terlingua Racer was from this same car club and it always used the same comment in them, "Caroll Shelby was a non-conformist", or "just look at the wide range of vhivles he has done", or my favorite, "Terlingua was the way to thumb their noses up to the estabishments". Because of all those favorite, famous Caroll Shelby quotes and my love of the Terlingua concept, give me the brainy idea of a "Terlingua Taco"

What can I say, I'm bored :banghead: , I'm wanting a Terlingua Mustang :drool: , and I had time on my hands :hysterical:

:headscratch: Hope I didn't offend anyone with my comment concerning the "Terlingua Taco"...I fully understand the history of the Terlingua race team and the stickers....Just had a Toyota burn to the ground once for no clear reason at a stop light (I got out in time). The cause was traced to a factory defect where a fuel line was placed too close to a hot part...poor design....I haven't had much nice to say about them sense. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: So, all is cool....

Hey Check6 your cool, no worries here, I'm in the Military and I'm ok with comments of any nature.

Besides I had two names I have heard that I like one was "Tangy Taco" and "Terlingua Taco" I love it!!! :hysterical: :happy feet:

Sorry that you lost a vehicle like that. If it wasn't for our 4-Runner having a unfixable problem we would still be in a Toyota and never gotten a Mustang. Toyota have served their purpose in my life but I will be Made in the USA as much as I can without going broke for now on.

:headscratch: Hope I didn't offend anyone with my comment concerning the "Terlingua Taco"...I fully understand the history of the Terlingua race team and the stickers....Just had a Toyota burn to the ground once for no clear reason at a stop light (I got out in time). The cause was traced to a factory defect where a fuel line was placed too close to a hot part...poor design....I haven't had much nice to say about them sense. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: So, all is cool....

So, you're trying to say you misspelled "Terlingua Torch"?

I love what Rob is doing with the Taco... I should, I helped him put the graphics on... I gotta agree with what Frank said, Terlingua is all about thumbing your nose at the establishment. Its all about having fun and doing crazy stuff... I slapped Terlingua badges on my SGT before I even knew that Shelby was going to do a new Terlingua Mustang. I wanted to be a part of the crazy tradition.. My car is concidered (by some) to be way "over the Top" and I would'nt have it any other way. Your vehicle makes a statement about who YOU are far more than who built it....

I have a Toyota Tundra that I have a Terlingua decal on. Whats the problem with that? I feel honored to advertise and show off the bunny on every car I drive. I guess I should buy American only, but since the Tundra is made about spitting distance from where I live, I'll take a Texas made truck owned by a Japanese company over a Mexican made one owned by the American Govt., but thats just me...

Viva Terlingua!

DubbsFaris, don't worry about it. Its all good. Thanks for the support though.

For me, out of all the vehicles I have had, the ones I had that lasted were Toyota and Nissan. All the Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Isuzu, Mazda, and Saturn cars and trucks that I have had were the worse things I could have gotten. Up till 2008 I swore that I would never buy a vehicle made in the states because of the poor track record and poor craftsmanship of the vehicles.

But in 2008, my Wife's Toyota 4-Runner started having a engine stall when you step on the gas for passenger gear. After 2+ weeks of having our 4-Runner with no luck, being told alot of bad info, being treated like second-class citizens; because I am Military, and with the economy as it is, I changed my mind and it was with great luck that Ford came out with the 2010 Grabber Blue Mustang. My Wife loves that color. She is from a Chevy family and I pulled her from a 1964 Vette when I married her.

But now we are both Blue Oval people and the only reason I am still in my Tacoma is because its paid off and almost 70% of it was assembled and/or built here in the states. The way I see it is, since I own it clear title, I'll save money for the conversion of our 2010.

Tomorrow, I get the "Terlingua Racing Team" Stickers and Racing stripe all in Grabber Blue for the roof and back. I also have a yellow Bunnie for the hood - not “Lucifer” but close, and hopefully a "Terlingua" Stripe on the doors soon after. This is going to look awesome!!

To all, thanks for your support and hopefully the 2010 Mustang to follow shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

New Photos

TerTaco001.jpg

TerTaco002.jpg

TerTaco003.jpg

TerTaco004.jpg

TerTaco005.jpg

This was taken about a month after I got it back in 2002

mytruck2.jpg

I know that some of you don't like it but you wait once I get the 2010 done this truck and that car, together, are going to be great! Just trying to past my love for the Shelby Terlingua Terror on for others to enjoy.

I'm just waiting to hear that someone called up SAI and wanted to put an order in for one, :hysterical:

Looks great 'Wubbs'!! :happy feet:

You build your own Terlingua Tacoma and enjoy it! THAT'S what the spirit of TRT stands for!

Im not quite as brave or bold to go baby blue on my hood or tailgate, but I like it for yours! :lurk:

Looks great 'Wubbs'!! :happy feet:

You build your own Terlingua Tacoma and enjoy it! THAT'S what the spirit of TRT stands for!

Im not quite as brave or bold to go baby blue on my hood or tailgate, but I like it for yours! :lurk:

+1 :drool:

I wish I could get a photo that shows the Mustang and my truck in the proper color, that Blue is Grabber Blue. The truck was painted in the same color as the mustang. But every time I try and take a photo of the car or my truck it always comes out lighter blue then it is.

As for the truck I am having a blast with it but the looks and stares are so funny!! I still need to get the racing stripe in Grabber Blue and the door stripes. I'm thinking of getting a Grabber Blue stripe with the Yellow letters.

Thanks all for your comments both good and bad!

I wish I could get a photo that shows the Mustang and my truck in the proper color, that Blue is Grabber Blue. The truck was painted in the same color as the mustang. But every time I try and take a photo of the car or my truck it always comes out lighter blue then it is.

As for the truck I am having a blast with it but the looks and stares are so funny!! I still need to get the racing stripe in Grabber Blue and the door stripes. I'm thinking of getting a Grabber Blue stripe with the Yellow letters.

Thanks all for your comments both good and bad!

okay, I can see it in your sig photo now...it does help to have them both together...and I had a little bunny confirm Terlingua builds for 2010...but not official yet. I would call SAI and be proactive getting on the short list for that!

Archived