TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Maybe I'm being paranoid?

drlovegun

Just has the clutch TSB finished last Thursday, but first: Since I've had the car I've had some clutch noise when the car is idling, which according to the manual is normal with the stock clutch. By noise I mean it sounds like a rattle/rumble and it's always been there when idling.

When I got it back Thursday, no clutch noise at all and it shifts great, like a brand new car.

Now after about 200 miles on it, the clutch noise is back. No worse than before, but it started a little at a time until now it's consistent when it's idling. Still shifts fine and no problems getting into gear

So, am I being paranoid, or is this an issue?

Just has the clutch TSB finished last Thursday, but first: Since I've had the car I've had some clutch noise when the car is idling, which according to the manual is normal with the stock clutch. By noise I mean it sounds like a rattle/rumble and it's always been there when idling.

When I got it back Thursday, no clutch noise at all and it shifts great, like a brand new car.

Now after about 200 miles on it, the clutch noise is back. No worse than before, but it started a little at a time until now it's consistent when it's idling. Still shifts fine and no problems getting into gear

I would imagine what you are hearing is the gear "rollover" noise? Happens with mine, too. Normal. You're okay! ;)

The noise is normal when idling in neutral with pedal not depressed, it should go away when you depress the clutch pedal.

Well after the TSB I know have squeaking noises from the tranny below the shifter area, but not sure if its the same noise

Archived