TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cams coming to a shelby near you

well i have the same problem alot of us have, dont have a large enough cash flow(its consistant though!) well my dyno guy has another customer whos about to take off frpp hot rod cams. theyr on his wifes mustang and she doesnt like the sound(somethings not right there!) i just can;t resist 400 dollars for a almost new set of cams AND phasers! if i had the money i would get a new set but this is just as good WOOOHOOO!!!!! can't freaken wait! i have long tubes and 3 inch jba pipes! the sound is going to be DEVASTATING!

come on dance with me! :happy feet: :happy feet: :drool::shift:

well i have the same problem alot of us have, dont have a large enough cash flow(its consistant though!) well my dyno guy has another customer whos about to take off frpp hot rod cams. theyr on his wifes mustang and she doesnt like the sound(somethings not right there!) i just can;t resist 400 dollars for a almost new set of cams AND phasers! if i had the money i would get a new set but this is just as good WOOOHOOO!!!!! can't freaken wait! i have long tubes and 3 inch jba pipes! the sound is going to be DEVASTATING!

come on dance with me! :happy feet: :happy feet: :drool::shift:

Sorry but something that was used internal in an engine to me is a no no!! Unless you have the cams pre check by a machine shop, I wouldn't take a chance like that. I know from experience that my father always said to me buy it and buy the best or don't buy it at all. I learned the hard way with a used tranny with the money I lost could have bought a done up one. If you blow your engine you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sorry but something that was used internal in an engine to me is a no no!! Unless you have the cams pre check by a machine shop, I wouldn't take a chance like that. I know from experience that my father always said to me buy it and buy the best or don't buy it at all. I learned the hard way with a used tranny with the money I lost could have bought a done up one. If you blow your engine you have no one to blame but yourself.

im a certified aircraft mechanic. ill do an inspection before i put them in. theres nothing wrong with reusing internals just as long as theyr removed carefully. there are things like tappets that you NEVER reuse. but that's a different story.

rumble rumble rumble :hysterical:

im a certified aircraft mechanic. ill do an inspection before i put them in. theres nothing wrong with reusing internals just as long as theyr removed carefully. there are things like tappets that you NEVER reuse. but that's a different story.

rumble rumble rumble :hysterical:

Airframe and Power Plant does not make you an automotive engineer. It would be best to have to rechecked at least by the FORD Dealership or a very good Mod Shop. If they say go I'd jump on it, sounds like a great deal.

Airframe and Power Plant does not make you an automotive engineer. It would be best to have to rechecked at least by the FORD Dealership or a very good Mod Shop. If they say go I'd jump on it, sounds like a great deal.

:headscratch: A cam is a cam, whether in an airplane or a Shelby. I didn't realize you'd need an automotive engineer to inspect a camshaft or anything else, before installing it.

:headscratch: A cam is a cam, whether in an airplane or a Shelby. I didn't realize you'd need an automotive engineer to inspect a camshaft or anything else, before installing it.

agreed last time i checked both car and aircraft use the same technology. granted you dont see ecu's in aircraft(exept experimental) due to regulations. but the tech is the same.

Archived