TEAM SHELBY FORUM

365 HP Taurus??!!

The New Taurus has 365 HP and they give the "muscle" car Mustang GT and Shelby GT a frign lousy 315 & 319 respectively! What a joke. I mean here we are in the muscle car wars again and FORD & Shelby punks out with 315 & 319 lousy horses, unreal. Oh but wait, if you put in another $10K we'll give you a total of 500HP, *&%#*&!! When will the madness end.............never as long as we die hards will give them extra$$ for mods. What a shame~~

Make the car, from the factories, like they used to......order 'em as you want 'em!

I know, kind of sounds backwards sometimes, just like the GT generates 315hp out of a 4.6L V8, and the Camaro gets 300hp out of a direct injected V6. Just makes you that much more antsy to see the return of the 5.0L!!!

Isn't the Tauras SHO a V6 or do I have that wrong?

I know, kind of sounds backwards sometimes, just like the GT generates 315hp out of a 4.6L V8, and the Camaro gets 300hp out of a direct injected V6. Just makes you that much more antsy to see the return of the 5.0L!!!

Isn't the Tauras SHO a V6 or do I have that wrong?

3.5L EcoBoost twin-turbocharged direct-injection V6 engine.

The New Taurus has 365 HP and they give the "muscle" car Mustang GT and Shelby GT a frign lousy 315 & 319 respectively! What a joke. I mean here we are in the muscle car wars again and FORD & Shelby punks out with 315 & 319 lousy horses, unreal. Oh but wait, if you put in another $10K we'll give you a total of 500HP, *&%#*&!! When will the madness end.............never as long as we die hards will give them extra$$ for mods. What a shame~~

Make the car, from the factories, like they used to......order 'em as you want 'em!

I'm with you Swedeman! I saw an ad on TV tonight and started ranting about it to my wife...Maybe we should trade the SGT's in on SHO's and go out and smoke some SGT's!!! LMAO!

Order them like you want them?

Isn't that the case? Between the Tarus and the Mustang there are an incredible amount of options. The Tarus alone has 4 different models, the SE, SEL, Limited, and SHO. The Mustang is available in V6, V6 Premium, V6 Convertible, GT, V6 Premium Convertible, GT Premium, GT Convertible, GT Premium Convertible, GT500, and GT500 Convertible, also don't forget the Shelby Supercharged, Terlingua, and Super Snake. Those are just the models available from Ford/Shelby.

It looks to me like you can order just about anything you want, as long as you are willing to pay for the upgrades.

Order them like you want them?

Isn't that the case? Between the Tarus and the Mustang there are an incredible amount of options. The Tarus alone has 4 different models, the SE, SEL, Limited, and SHO. The Mustang is available in V6, V6 Premium, V6 Convertible, GT, V6 Premium Convertible, GT Premium, GT Convertible, GT Premium Convertible, GT500, and GT500 Convertible, also don't forget the Shelby Supercharged, Terlingua, and Super Snake. Those are just the models available from Ford/Shelby.

It looks to me like you can order just about anything you want, as long as you are willing to pay for the upgrades.

Yup, and if they don't have what you want right now, you can expect they just might make it! :rolleyes:

I would not worry too much about the Taurus having all the horse power.. Rember, the SGT was supposed to be a remake of the GT350 of the sixties,,,even back then it was not that great of a performer over the mustang witht he 289 hipo.. The real difference back then was suspension really.. Also remember in 1969 all the optioned mustangs? Boss 302, Boss 429, shelby's too

So today it basically the same thing,,, I am not upset about the SGT, I went out and got a Blower,,,has more than enough power for me, given what I paid for me SGT, the cost of the Supercharger, hell I am ahead of the game by about 15 grand!

Had I wanted more performance, I would have goen with the GT500, but then I got such a great deal..

Also a taurus,,is well,, just a Taurus.. in 20 years it won't be worth much..

Bottom line,,,,you have a Shelby,,,,Be proud! :drool:

OK bottom line I love my Shelby Mustang, period. BUT what the hell are they thinking? Why not do a twin turbo charged direct injection Mustang Shelby GT right from the factory @ blue collar prices? I'll tell you...it is because we spend so much $$ on the mods. Then they price you right out of the market with a GT500 @ $48K++. It is all about the coin....but a true Mustang enthusiast is a blue collar worker that loves the brand but does not have $50K incl. T & L to blow on a car. What a shame~~

The Mustang GT will redeem itself in 2011. Won't help those with earler Mustangs, but the upcoming changes will put the GT back on top of Ford's high performance offerings (excluding the GT500 of course).

I just wish that FoMoCo would offer the Focus RS here in the states to pull some buyers away from Subaru WRX and Lancer Evo sales. That RS is one bad ass little car.

I'm with you Swedeman! I saw an ad on TV tonight and started ranting about it to my wife...Maybe we should trade the SGT's in on SHO's and go out and smoke some SGT's!!! LMAO!

If the SGT was worth a plug nickel in trade I would!

Once again I have been without my car for over two weeks waiting on parts. Of course the last time was over two months so hey, it's getting better.

The new SHO is a twin turbo Ford V-6 and according to Car and Driver, 0-60 time of 5.2 with a quarter mile time of 13.7 @103 mph. Curb weight is 4346 (kind of fat and 800 lbs heavier than the SGT) and has 11.9 lbs per horsepower with 17/25 mpg. Not bad for a sport family sedan. With the new fuel mileage requirements in the next few years you can reasonably expect this type of engine combination to make it into the next generation Mustang so it's nice that Ford is getting the R&D completed early. In the mean time I think we had better enjoy our "older tech" V-8s because "big brother" is in the process of killing them. Anyway the SGT with it's mid 13's and over 100 mph quarter mile time is faster than 45 of the 50 fastest 60's muscle cars listed in the June 2009 Muscle Car Review magazine. (times taken from vintage car magazine articles of the 60's-70s.) In the end there's always the GT-500 if you want more power, then you could twin turbo it, then you could ............................... :happy feet: :headscratch:

Thanks for all the input. You all know me and know I love Shelby Motor Cars. Everybody also knows that I am the kind of person that calls BS on what "I" think is BS. So even if you don't agree with me you know I will say what I want even if it is not in the most appreciated post on the board. I want the best for my money and I know Shelby and Ford can do better, especially when they produce awesome results in a SHO that is almost 1000 LBS heavier than our cars and only .02 tenths of a second slower 0-60 and the 1/4 mile! In a frign Taurus, come on now.

:)

Thanks for all the input. You all know me and know I love Shelby Motor Cars. Everybody also knows that I am the kind of person that calls BS on what "I" think is BS. So even if you don't agree with me you know I will say what I want even if it is not in the most appreciated post on the board. I want the best for my money and I know Shelby and Ford can do better, especially when they produce awesome results in a SHO that is almost 1000 LBS heavier than our cars and only .02 tenths of a second slower 0-60 and the 1/4 mile! In a frign Taurus, come on now.

:)

dont we have a 0-60 of close to 4.9 seconds?

I suspect that a major reason why the SHO e.t.'s are so good is traction. They are 4 wheel drive, and anyone who has ever driving a 4 wheel drive hi performance car (as I have) knows how incredibly quick they are off the line. I had a Porsche C4 once and it used to leave my eyeballs behind.

I would not worry too much about the Taurus having all the horse power.. Rember, the SGT was supposed to be a remake of the GT350 of the sixties,,,even back then it was not that great of a performer over the mustang witht he 289 hipo.. The real difference back then was suspension really.. Also remember in 1969 all the optioned mustangs? Boss 302, Boss 429, shelby's too

So today it basically the same thing,,, I am not upset about the SGT, I went out and got a Blower,,,has more than enough power for me, given what I paid for me SGT, the cost of the Supercharger, hell I am ahead of the game by about 15 grand!

Had I wanted more performance, I would have goen with the GT500, but then I got such a great deal..

Also a taurus,,is well,, just a Taurus.. in 20 years it won't be worth much..

Bottom line,,,,you have a Shelby,,,,Be proud! :drool:

PLUS ONE !!

I suspect that a major reason why the SHO e.t.'s are so good is traction. They are 4 wheel drive, and anyone who has ever driving a 4 wheel drive hi performance car (as I have) knows how incredibly quick they are off the line. I had a Porsche C4 once and it used to leave my eyeballs behind.

I do hope you were able to recover those in short order...

I picked up a Subaru legacy GT for my son, its very quick, all wheel drive and very fast,, Yup, all wheel drive is the cats meow!

I shudder to think of ford even considering making the mustang all wheel drive, sure it would be very quick, but then it wouldn't be a stang anymore.. Besides, havn't seen too many all wheel drive cars that can do a good a burn out as good ole american rear wheel muscle!

Oh yeah,, I would love a Bughatti Veyron, ummmm, does this make me a traitor?

<-------sneaks out of the room------<

GNB

Actually, I tend to agree. The stock SGT should've had at least 350 hp and the 2010 GT should've as well. The 2010 V6 should've used the new engine.

That being said, our SGTs can be easily modded to produce some real power :)

There are alot of guys who want a fast Ford that can carry the whole family plus luggage;The Crown Vic ain't

it.

Alot of guys want a docile low key car,the SHO is it,if it had been available in '06 and '08 I would not own a 425 HP SRT-8 Charger.

Slap a Blown 5.4 in a Crown Vic and we'd be talkin'!

Doc

OK a little on the good side. My car is parked in front of my house with the sun glancing off the 20" Chrome Razors and the Highly Glossed Black Paint with Metallic Silver Striping just glistening off the side, this car is just awesome looking! Just detailed and perfect in appearance. It is the best looking Shelby ever made, maybe a 07-08 Super Snake is nicer but were very close to that. All said and done they blew it with the "stock" HP in these cars. It wouldn't have pissed me off so much if they didn't try to say "oh it is just a track car" &*%&*#&!!! But then again they really couldn't say "oh we frign blew it and we'll never do that again". Which I guarantee they will not!

And no Taurus for me just yet anyway, nice car though. And I refuse to put an extra $10K into it for the HP it should have had from the factory! Just easier to complain about it until the next one comes out...then watch out 'cause I am ordering this one right!

Archived