TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this one real?

ipchay61

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/defaul...48-c163943c8a8f

Is this a real Shelby GT. Besides the obvious blue stripes, it sits no lower than my '07 Mustang GT (4 fingers gap between the rear tire and wheel opening top). The rear sway bar is blue like the FRPP sway bars should be. Hood scoop appears correct and it has the dash plaque.

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/defaul...48-c163943c8a8f

Is this a real Shelby GT. Besides the obvious blue stripes, it sits no lower than my '07 Mustang GT (4 fingers gap between the rear tire and wheel opening top). The rear sway bar is blue like the FRPP sway bars should be. Hood scoop appears correct and it has the dash plaque.

Only way to know for sure is to run the vin. I'm saying yes but has been restriped for some reason. Is the hood scoop painted?

Only way to know for sure is to run the vin. I'm saying yes but has been restriped for some reason. Is the hood scoop painted?

Hood scoop is painted. If they had gone with vista blue stripes, it might have looked better. It was parked right next to a Grabber Orange GT/CS and didn't sit any lower. I know Craig's white '07 SGT sits lower than my VB '07 GT. The suspension parts look right but it's just not low enough. This is what's bugging me about it being real.

Looks Authentic - all the appropriate components look to be present.

+1 - the stripes were redone for some reason. I've seen one that had the stripes redone in blue - but it was a lighter shade. It was down at CS86 last year.

Could be worse I guess - can still be reversed and re-striped with silver at some point later on. Who knows - those blue stripes might just grow on ya!

Trevor

I ran the VIN. It has the GT upfitters package, which most GT's sent to Shelby had. Probably had the stripes re-done.

Bob

Looks Authentic - all the appropriate components look to be present.

+1 - the stripes were redone for some reason. I've seen one that had the stripes redone in blue - but it was a lighter shade. It was down at CS86 last year.

Could be worse I guess - can still be reversed and re-striped with silver at some point later on. Who knows - those blue stripes might just grow on ya!

Trevor

Hood scoop is painted. If they had gone with vista blue stripes, it might have looked better. It was parked right next to a Grabber Orange GT/CS and didn't sit any lower. I know Craig's white '07 SGT sits lower than my VB '07 GT. The suspesion parts look right but it's just not low enough. This is what's bugging me about it being real.

Chip, you remembered the part about my car being lower, but how come you forgot the part about my car being faster? :hysterical::shift: (Aiken trip)OOPS, back on topic....it's real, you just need to go buy it and will fix it the way it should look. Let me know and I'll give you ride over to pick it up....BTW, I bet that "no haggle" price can be haggled too! Craig :happy feet:

Chip, you remembered the part about my car being lower, but how come you forgot the part about my car being faster? :hysterical::shift: (Aiken trip)OOPS, back on topic....it's real, you just need to go buy it and will fix it the way it should look. Let me know and I'll give you ride over to pick it up....BTW, I bet that "no haggle" price can be haggled too! Craig :happy feet:

Craig, if/when I pull the trigger on an SGT, it will be a Vista Blue '08 (there's a vert at Dick Smith). The thing that just doesn't look right about the one at CarMax is the ride height. Of course, I'm basing this on both your car and Richard's.

BTW...your car is scary fast. When we got on the interstate, we got up to 85-90 and ran it all the way back and y'all were out of sight before we had gone a mile.

Craig, if/when I pull the trigger on an SGT, it will be a Vista Blue '08 (there's a vert at Dick Smith). The thing that just doesn't look right about the one at CarMax is the ride height. Of course, I'm basing this on both your car and Richard's.

BTW...your car is scary fast. When we got in the interstate, we got up to 85-90 and ran it all the way back and y'all were out of sight before we had gone a mile.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you know I don't drive fast.....what are they asking for the one at DS and what is the CSM...I'll give ya a ride there too, don't matter to me, let's just go get you one.....now's the time to buy! :shift:

ride height can vary, especially if you are comparing it to all the lowered SGT's here!

It's real, but the blue stripes... were those from Shelby in Vegas? If not it's not factory stock in my eyes! And should be about $25,000! What a deal!

Archived