TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Parts suspension sale

Are these parts actually an improvement over the FRPP parts or only an improvement for the Mustang GT?

Same question here. I suppose that use of the front links could add some improvement if one has the knowledge of how to use them..

Are these parts actually an improvement over the FRPP parts or only an improvement for the Mustang GT?

It states right on the flyer that they gained 3 seconds a lap over stock Shelby GT, so they are different than what is stock from Shelby. The FRPP bars are also not heat treated chromoly steel. It would take some pretty decent suspension knowledge to set the adjustable front links properly. Probably worth the money if you track or autocross quite a bit. It wouldn't be very noticable on the street, that is unless you really drive illegaly! :)

It states right on the flyer that they gained 3 seconds a lap over stock Shelby GT, so they are different than what is stock from Shelby. The FRPP bars are also not heat treated chromoly steel. It would take some pretty decent suspension knowledge to set the adjustable front links properly. Probably worth the money if you track or autocross quite a bit. It wouldn't be very noticable on the street, that is unless you really drive illegaly! :)

I saw that, but this stuff is typically written by marketing who from my experience are typically clueless. Three seconds sounds like a large marigin when the FRPP parts are nothing to laugh at.

I saw that, but this stuff is typically written by marketing who from my experience are typically clueless. Three seconds sounds like a large marigin when the FRPP parts are nothing to laugh at.

The marketing types may have overlooked the R1 tires that were also on the retested car! :hysterical: Seriously though, one must be suspect when the only data you get is "3 seconds a lap". I wonder what the complete story is?

My email to SPP

"So is this an upgrade from the FRPP stuff that comes on the Shelby GT? Or is it mostly for guys with Mustang GT's that have the stock Ford stuff?"

Their response

"Upgrades from the Shelby GT FRPP stuff man! Like I said, they took the Ford Performance stuff off their GTs up at the speedway and tested these and got those 2-3 second gains. If you do want these, you have about a week to think about it before the price goes up, so take your time and think about, just not too long before you miss the deal!"

My email to SPP

"So is this an upgrade from the FRPP stuff that comes on the Shelby GT? Or is it mostly for guys with Mustang GT's that have the stock Ford stuff?"

Their response

"Upgrades from the Shelby GT FRPP stuff man! Like I said, they took the Ford Performance stuff off their GTs up at the speedway and tested these and got those 2-3 second gains. If you do want these, you have about a week to think about it before the price goes up, so take your time and think about, just not too long before you miss the deal!"

OK, then I'll be waiting for the official Kahmann test! :lurk:

edit - also check out the new first page added to the SPP catalog; there's some other stuff there now...in fact if you keep scrolling down there are quite a few new things added that I haven't seen previously...

http://scottdrake.net/SPPCatalog2008LO-RES.pdf

Guest hfrosso
OK, then I'll be waiting for the official Kahmann test! :lurk:

edit - also check out the new first page added to the SPP catalog; there's some other stuff there now...in fact if you keep scrolling down there are quite a few new things added that I haven't seen previously...

http://scottdrake.net/SPPCatalog2008LO-RES.pdf

yes there are some nice new items, and expensive also, $814 for the coolant reservoir thank's???? wow, i didn't got the moroso tanks yet 'cause i was waiting for this ones, but at these price i can buy all the moroso tanks and have some spare money!!!

yes there are some nice new items, and expensive also, $814 for the coolant reservoir thank's???? wow, i didn't got the moroso tanks yet 'cause i was waiting for this ones, but at these price i can buy all the moroso tanks and have some spare money!!!

I thought that was pretty crazy myself! I mean, the Shelby name has value, but there is a limit to everything!

for that kind of money, you could have your Moroso tanks engraved w/ anything you wanted and still have $ left over. WOW.

Archived