TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got rid of the recalled valve stems

ingram4868

Over the weekend I discovered that one of the valve stems that Ford has cautioned us about was badly cracked. When I checked them last month it was fine.

I went to America's Tire Store/Discount Tire and they put in metal stems that perfectly match the SVT rims. Total was $49.00 I know Ford would do it for free, but I like to watch as people work on the car and at my Ford dealership your car disappears until they bring it back to you.

Over the weekend I discovered that one of the valve stems that Ford has cautioned us about was badly cracked. When I checked them last month it was fine.

I went to America's Tire Store/Discount Tire and they put in metal stems that perfectly match the SVT rims. Total was $49.00 I know Ford would do it for free, but I like to watch as people work on the car and at my Ford dealership your car disappears until they bring it back to you.

It seems like there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about the valve stems... What's going on? This might be the second time I've heard of it, which is weird considering that we hear about the clutch TSB almost everyday it seems like :shrug:.

The valve stem recall is just a inspection, it shows the customer how to inspect them or you can bring it in and have a ford tech inspect them. Ford will cover the valve stems if you still in 3/36000 warranty, if your over that you will have to buy the valve stems. They do crack and I would check them, I have replaced a bunch of them lately.

It seems like there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about the valve stems... What's going on? This might be the second time I've heard of it, which is weird considering that we hear about the clutch TSB almost everyday it seems like :shrug:.

SLABO brought it up in November 2008. I got my letter from Ford about two months ago. Grabber posted pics of his cracked stems if you do a quicky search on "valve stems"

The valve stem recall is just a inspection, it shows the customer how to inspect them or you can bring it in and have a ford tech inspect them. Ford will cover the valve stems if you still in 3/36000 warranty, if your over that you will have to buy the valve stems. They do crack and I would check them, I have replaced a bunch of them lately.

SLABO brought it up in November 2008. I got my letter from Ford about two months ago. Grabber posted pics of his cracked stems if you do a quicky search on "valve stems"

Very interesting info... thanks for the post-up! :salute:

I'll look at them tomorrow.

I better check mine again and remember to keep checking them until the warranty expires - in 9 months! (OMG have I had my SGT that long already??)

Archived