TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many miles before going to the track

War Eagle

Our club is going back out for a day at the drag strip again this September. How many miles do you think I should have on the car before running it.

Curently the car has 39 miles on it. I have not been able to drive it much due to really bad weather today. Have not had any rain all year and I come home with a new car and it pours down all the way home and then rains the next day as well. Looks bad most of this week.

One more question, When I ran my 2009 I tried with and without the traction control and the car did a little better with the traction control on and stock tires. Any thoughts concerning it's use.

Thanks

Steve

Our club is going back out for a day at the drag strip again this September. How many miles do you think I should have on the car before running it.

Curently the car has 39 miles on it. I have not been able to drive it much due to really bad weather today. Have not had any rain all year and I come home with a new car and it pours down all the way home and then rains the next day as well. Looks bad most of this week.

One more question, When I ran my 2009 I tried with and without the traction control and the car did a little better with the traction control on and stock tires. Any thoughts concerning it's use.

Thanks

Steve

I would think you should have atleast 500 miles on it before track time. I had 750 on my 2008 and after many very disapointing passes I found I got the best pass with the tcs on and not shifting to 4th. best et was 12.98@114. I don't recall the 60ft. times but I think they were close to mid 2 secs. This was on stock tires @ 20psi. good luck and have fun!!!

I would think you should have atleast 500 miles on it before track time. I had 750 on my 2008 and after many very disapointing passes I found I got the best pass with the tcs on and not shifting to 4th. best et was 12.98@114. I don't recall the 60ft. times but I think they were close to mid 2 secs. This was on stock tires @ 20psi. good luck and have fun!!!

Thanks,

I will see if I can get 500 miles on by the end of Sept.

Steve

Archived