TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I cant drive 55!!!

shlbygrl

Wondering if anyone has received a speeding ticket yet or any encounters with the "law" while driving their Shelbys? Husband was driving his about 2 weeks ago and he actually saw a police pull over on the side of the road to wait for husband to pass him. Police got behind him and followed my husband . Didnt pull him over . At that point , obviously was going speed limit..............Its amazing the reactions we get while driving the car!!! People have actually rolled down their windows at red lights and have asked if that is a "500". Amazing............... :speedie:

Wondering if anyone has received a speeding ticket yet or any encounters with the "law" while driving their Shelbys? Husband was driving his about 2 weeks ago and he actually saw a police pull over on the side of the road to wait for husband to pass him. Police got behind him and followed my husband . Didnt pull him over . At that point , obviously was going speed limit..............Its amazing the reactions we get while driving the car!!! People have actually rolled down their windows at red lights and have asked if that is a "500". Amazing............... :speedie:

Got pulled over this past Tuesday. It was really pretty weak. I was only doing 61 in a 45. The cop wrote me a warning and said "She's too pretty to bang up. Be careful on this road because we have had a lot of deer crossing lately". I thanked him for the advice and moved on "rather quickly".

Got pulled over this past Tuesday. It was really pretty weak. I was only doing 61 in a 45. The cop wrote me a warning and said "She's too pretty to bang up. Be careful on this road because we have had a lot of deer crossing lately". I thanked him for the advice and moved on "rather quickly".

Well, just found out that my husband got pulled over yesterday.......Also got let off as well. First for us!!! When the police asked my husband how fast he was going, husband said About 70? Police said "I dont think so, it took me while to catch you".....Husband was probably going about 100 if not more!!! Walked away with no ticket.....Not sure how that happened......... :hyper: :yahoo:

Okay first law enforcement story.. no ticket just a warning by a very nice law enforcement female officer

On the Second day of owning Shelby...See below...thought I'd Shorten it up....also an update heard from Joe that he got a ticket for following too close...

Thanks Geoff...lucky is right!

Barry

Okay first law enforcement story I've been dropping by everyone I know to say hi and to sheepishly say I got my ride..only because anyone who knows me is always asking "did you get your car yet" So instead of saying yup. I show up at their front door and say want to go for a spin...Anyways I'm alone and heading for home...and I hit this very quiet intersection I get a green before I reach the intersection see that there is absolutely no traffic and that if I get into trouble I should be able to recover without too many issues...wrong...take corner at 90 and back end comes right out. ...get it back but i'm kinda side ways still no cars...either way ..pheweff get back in my lane (one lane) and....flashing lights from a side street I didn't see..uhhh oops. A very nice female OPP officer gets out and kindly asks for my paperwork...I say in my best Joey tribiane "How yooou doingg" she smiles....and walks back to her cruiser. I'm trying to figure out what I've done or what she has me for...I sit tight....she comes back and asks if I know why she pulled me over...I say well my new Shelby here is taking some getting use to and I didn't realize the corner was so sharp..which when I over corrected my back end came out. She asked if I had been drinking I said no way not in my new car, she laughs..here you go hands me my paperwork and says be careful on the corners have a nice night and beautiful car...

Cheers,

Requis

On the Second day of owning a Shelby... driving south on the 410 from picking up my Ipod and this guy in a pick up comes screaming up behind me maybe two feet off my bumper...I figure I must have blown past him and upset him or something so I get out of the fast lane and drop my speed (playing with the radio at this point). He follows me over....Okay I pull out in the outside lane and slow down to 100KM and he follows me over...keeping in mind he's sitting on my bumper...I'm just about to burry it and head back in the passing lane when I see Lights flashing in my side mirror...OPP pulls us both over...I sit in the car thinking ummm is he after me thinking the worst... Pickup driver (Joe) gets out as the officer approachs his truck, I just roll my window down and sit in the car waiting to hear what joe is saying...this it where it gets funny...

OPP officer "What are you doing following so close"

Joe "Do you know what car that is"

OPP officer "what?"

Joe "Thats the brand new 2007 GT 500 Shelby Cobra"

OPP Officer "Its a mustang?"

Joe "Thats not just any mustang thats 500 HP factory direct designed by Carrol Shelby"

At this point after over hearing the conversation and my Huge Grin I get out and walk toward them at the side of my car as they are walking toward me.

Joe "Tell me its a real Shelby"

Barry "Just got it thursday"

OPP Officer "one way to tell can you pop the hood please"

Barry "uhh okay"

(as a Second cruiser shows up)

Open door pop hood. walk to front and fiddle with the lift latch and worrying about (YUP lack of Front Plate)

OPP officer "that a supercharger"

Barry and Joe "yes"

Joe "Its a Shelby for sure!"

walking up the passenger sides

OPP Officer 2 "Is this the new Sheby"

OPP Officer 1 " Looks like it has a supercharger"

OPP Officer 2 "I heard you couldn't get these till the summer"

Joe "He just got it Thursday"

OPP Officer 1 "Can you start it up for a second"

Barry "okay"

Barry (Close Hood) and Joe walk back to drivers side both OPP go to back of car talking (Couldn't hear Joe was introducing himself to me, and I was shaking his hand as I was sitting down)

Turn Key and step into it a little... walk to back following Joe

OPP Officer 1 "Nice car"

OPP Officer 2 " I guess we'll be seeing you again (no Smile Dead pan)

OPP Officer 1 " Pulled them both over thought there was something going on between them the truck was sitting on his bumper"

Joe " I was trying to see if he would get on it"

Barry "Smiling I was about to till I saw your lights pointing to OPP 1"

Joe "I'm on a waiting list to get one, and when I saw his I thought WOW"

There's more but you get the Gist, I gave Joe my email address and I told him of the forum, he said he's not on the net alot but would check it out.

Barry

You are one lucky SOB. Congrats!

Well, just found out that my husband got pulled over yesterday.......Also got let off as well. First for us!!! When the police asked my husband how fast he was going, husband said About 70? Police said "I dont think so, it took me while to catch you".....Husband was probably going about 100 if not more!!! Walked away with no ticket.....Not sure how that happened......... :hyper: :yahoo:

[/quote SHE IS TELLING THE SHORT SIDE OF THIS EVENT [@5800 IN 3RD WE ALL KNOW 70 mph .. YA .. not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ] trp.... I see she pull's hard !!!!! and I said LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN SR . He replyed test and tune should be at the track not on his highway,........ [so as I have a new respect for the 500 hp ] and the right's of others on the road , hay can we say selfcontroll ? Ill try CAN YOU ?

Wont be so lucky in Va., at least a night in jail if the cops nice!

Really....jail time...that seems pretty harsh...its hard to keep this vehicle to a dull roar 80 in a 55 is just 25 Miles over? Seems somewhat draconian...the biggest issue here is Street Racing. Its viewed as such a problem that if you are caught going head to head even off a light they immediately impound your vehicle....and then publicly crush the thing at a highly publized media event. Seen it happen twice this year with the new law.

Victims:

Corvette (Souped up 2004)

Toyota Supra not sure what year..but there was nothing missing on this thing that didn't say performance

WRXI - Same thing Tricked out.

BMW M3 again not sure what year..but very nice...was in any case...all squished!, everything crushed, and then driven over by the front end loaders to make a point.

I got the picture!

Drive Safe!

Cheers,

Requis

Really....jail time...that seems pretty harsh...its hard to keep this vehicle to a dull roar 80 in a 55 is just 25 Miles over? Seems somewhat draconian...the biggest issue here is Street Racing. Its viewed as such a problem that if you are caught going head to head even off a light they immediately impound your vehicle....and then publicly crush the thing at a highly publized media event. Seen it happen twice this year with the new law.

Victims:

Corvette (Souped up 2004)

Toyota Supra not sure what year..but there was nothing missing on this thing that didn't say performance

WRXI - Same thing Tricked out.

BMW M3 again not sure what year..but very nice...was in any case...all squished!, everything crushed, and then driven over by the front end loaders to make a point.

I got the picture!

Drive Safe!

Cheers,

Requis

Time to head to Montana :rant:

Check with Ruf, but I think if you get stopped in NC going over 80MPH it's automatic jail time. I've heard they compound the car and carry you away right then and there.

That could realy su_k . However if you had a pack of card's it could help pass the time ........... :D

Not sure about the NC law about 80 - I do know 15 over gets you a loss of license if they want to make an example. 100 and above is reckless driving. Street racing - loss of car. Watching an arranged race - loss of license.

The law enforcement types I know tell me that they lean much harder on the young guys with an attitude than someone my age just driving too fast with no one around. (some young guys just drive without any discretion)

Archived