TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vorpal is Back Home

VorpalBunny

All,

Well quite a weekend and trip.

We, Reine and I are home safe from our trip to Dallas to get the car, our car show in Lubbock and road trip.

Been a busy weekend. Vorpal is looking great thanks to Quantum. Pics will follow tomorrow I promise just to wiped tonight. Her new IUP is awesome the yellow especially is bright. The new armrest is black with yellow stitching and a rabbit to match the seats and again looks great. The inside of the car needs sunglasses now for viewing :drool: .

Also, the premum kicker is in!!! The difference is amazing! No comparision. Its great. Lastly our Terlingua cover was a hit at the show area. We are very happy and Quantum came through for us again.

Now thr trip: We left Quantum at 4:00 PM Friday heading for Lubbock and their Mustang Club show just in time to drive Vorpal through the crush of DFW rush hour traffic - that was fun, NOT. We had many looks but no incidents- note to self avoid doing this again. Then we drove between two huge thunderstorms up near Lubbock trying hard to get to the appointed garage for the night and car safety - we made it. Wheh = this was not on the plans - the storms and traffic.

Next day Vorpal made the show with about 150 cars and some real beauties. A great well run show by LMC! Vorpal won best in class and a sponsor best pick award. We are very happy. Never had any time without folks gathered around the car looking and talking. We - Reine talked about the car more than me - had a very good time.

Then home today after time spent with club members and a thanks to all esapecially Jeff Krueger our host.

More tomorrow - off to bed for now.

VB

All,

Well quite a weekend and trip.

We, Reine and I are home safe from our trip to Dallas to get the car, our car show in Lubbock and road trip.

Been a busy weekend. Vorpal is looking great thanks to Quantum. Pics will follow tomorrow I promise just to wiped tonight. Her new IUP is awesome the yellow especially is bright. The new armrest is black with yellow stitching and a rabbit to match the seats and again looks great. The inside of the car needs sunglasses now for viewing :drool: .

Also, the premum kicker is in!!! The difference is amazing! No comparision. Its great. Lastly our Terlingua cover was a hit at the show area. We are very happy and Quantum came through for us again.

Now thr trip: We left Quantum at 4:00 PM Friday heading for Lubbock and their Mustang Club show just in time to drive Vorpal through the crush of DFW rush hour traffic - that was fun, NOT. We had many looks but no incidents- note to self avoid doing this again. Then we drove between two huge thunderstorms up near Lubbock trying hard to get to the appointed garage for the night and car safety - we made it. Wheh = this was not on the plans - the storms and traffic.

Next day Vorpal made the show with about 150 cars and some real beauties. A great well run show by LMC! Vorpal won best in class and a sponsor best pick award. We are very happy. Never had any time without folks gathered around the car looking and talking. We - Reine talked about the car more than me - had a very good time.

Then home today after time spent with club members and a thanks to all esapecially Jeff Krueger our host.

More tomorrow - off to bed for now.

VB

Glad to hear you made it home safe! Sounds like you had a great time. We did the same thing as far as the Friday rush hour with truck, trailer, and SGT....that was slow go.....get some rest. Craig

Great news that your bunny is back home. :D

Sounds like a fun trip and congrats on the awards!

Now the heavy traffic warning is interesting as my son with be using our as his daily driver.

Must remind him of the stair effect in surrounding drivers. Looks like he will need to be

a very defensive driver.

Great news that your bunny is back home. :D

Sounds like a fun trip and congrats on the awards!

Now the heavy traffic warning is interesting as my son with be using our as his daily driver.

Must remind him of the stair effect in surrounding drivers. Looks like he will need to be

a very defensive driver.

Blip,

Yes, the stare effect is there as others have reported with these Terlinguas. It is fun, but folks will come up along side, notice the car, slow down, and drive along looking - hard not to I guess. A defensive mindset helps for sure watching for folks veering towards you while looking. not to bad on my trip though - no real problems. People do come up to the car at gas stations etc.

Having had the car almost a year as a completed Terlingua this was our first road trip out of the Terlingua Big Bend area and thus the first time we have driven where there are other cars in any numbers and folks to look etc. The Terlingua gathers attention as adverstied.

We are all pulling for you regards yours!

VB

Archived