TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ???

DPHSOONER

LOCAL MOD SHOP IS OFFERING A STEEDA COLD AIR (555-3135), STEEDA SUPERCHARGER PULLEY (555-3345), AND SCT XCALIBRATOR 3 W/TUNE (338-3015ST) INSTALLED FOR 1159.95. TWO QUESTIONS HE SAYS THAT HE WILL USE HEAT TO REMOVE OLD PULLEY INSTEAD OF USING A PULLER. GOOD OR BAD, PROS/CONS....THANKS IN ADVANCE. :shift:

i think heat is common. When i bought mine, there was a steeda pulley on it but i didn't want to void engine warranty so i told them(ford dealer) to put the stock pulley back on. They told me that once a pulley is taken off using a puller, its unusable again. I knew the guy at the dealer who sold me the car and he found a stock pulley for me from a guy who had heated his off inorder to be able to reuse it. Im not a mechanic or anything but seemed to me like heating it would be way to go if you ever wanted to go back to stock pulley later on.

CAR FX

Oh no, don't let them fool you please! I wouldn't want them touching my car but thats just me! Just get one from evo or lethal, about the same price and have someone install if for you the correct way! You could always go with the stock looking 2.65 pulley that goes on very easy. Taking the pulley off is cake with the right tool, putting it on is difficult but not that bad.

Oh no, don't let them fool you please! I wouldn't want them touching my car but thats just me! Just get one from evo or lethal, about the same price and have someone install if for you the correct way! You could always go with the stock looking 2.65 pulley that goes on very easy. Taking the pulley off is cake with the right tool, putting it on is difficult but not that bad.

Who would you use in the Tulsa area ? I have used Archangel but they are pretty booked til later in the fall. If they are the best I will wait. Any suggestions.

Who would you use in the Tulsa area ? I have used Archangel but they are pretty booked til later in the fall. If they are the best I will wait. Any suggestions.

Honestly, I used the lethal kit, jlt cold air, 2.6 pulley and vmp tune. I have had no problems whatsoever, but I installed all of it myself and it dynoed at 530rwhp on the 91 octane tune. If you need someone to install it, I would contact Greg, he runs a shop in Catoosa, he could do the install and dyno, sent you a pm.

Archived