TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 vs 2010 GT500

alvinlee888

Hi,

Is it just me or some owners still prefer the 09 over the 2010? why?

I am still thinking of either getting a 09 or 2010. Please help =)

Thanks !!!

Sorry for such a lame question.

It is really a matter of personal taste and budget. I just sold my 2009 to buy the 2010 and they are two very different cars. The 2009 I had was very rudementary and utilitarian on the inside. The 2010 is much more refined with more attractive interior appointments and standard features like Outside air temp and lighting in the door sills and arm rest area, better seating, shifter, etc. Sequential turn signals and steering wheel controls were also added.

The 2010 comes with an improved exhaust system a brand new and greatly improved clutch, suspension upgrades, CAI with ram air and more.

The subtle detailing like the black rubber accent on the spoiler is also more attractive.

I owned and drove both and the 2010 is a huge upgrade over the 2009 and a lot more car for the money.

I think some may like the styling of the 2009 more and in some cases it is simply a budget choice as the 2008 and 2009 can be bought for a lot less money.

I would go and at least sit in a 2010 before making a buying decision.

Hope this helps

Steve

Styling is completely subjective. For example, I love the Gurney flap on the '10 spoiler, but generally dislike the rear end of the '10. I actually like the rear clip area of the '10 better, but prefer the front clip area of the '07-'09. I also feel the '10 GT500 front end got a little too long. I like what at least to my eye, appears to be a shorter fron overhang on the '07-'09 GT500, and the '10 GT. BUT THIS IS ALL SUBJECTIVE. Many like the '10 better or the '07-09 better, so personal preference....

I think the interior upgrades are over hyped. I have been in 3 '10 GT500's, now, and I didn't think the interior was actually better, just different. I actually like my '08 leather dash pad, and I don't think the '10's are leather? Not sure.... I also plan on keeping my '08 for a long time and I think the seats in the '10's will wear faster than the '07-'09. Try and find a '99 or '01 that has seats that look decent...same material. All that said, I love the look of the '10 interior. Huge fan of the '10 shifter and stipe look. Don't care about outside air temp lighted sill plates. Those features are neat, but not necessary in a performance car / weekend toy. Again, not bad, just not needed for me.

The '10s have 40 more HP. Can't argure with that. Big fan of HP......

My '08 clutch still works perfect and never chatters. I do worry about the TSB, so it is a negative to the older cars.

I understand stock exhaust is better on '10, but intake is too quite, too. My '08 has KR mufflers and I can't imagine anything sounding better than this car, so $500 on KR mufflers, and it is pure bliss on the '07-'09's.

The HID lights in the '10's MUST be better than my HID on my '08. My '08 HID are the worst headlights I have had in a car in a long time. Projector HID of the '10 must be good, based on my other cars with projector HID. Maybe a '10 owner an verify?

The coupes have improved suspension, but the Vert's do not. As a Vert person, the difference thus doesn't exist. Verts don't have the improvements or bigger wheels.

I'd own either and feel completely lucky to own either! It is all splitting hairs. Just make sure to get one, as everyday without one of these beasts is a day lost! If I didn't have an '08, I would actually have a really hard time deciding between an '09 and a '10, even without the price difference. There are truely things I like better about each....

I have seen both and feel that that '07 to '09's are just better looking cars. Really depends on what you are looking for. You can add new suspension and 100+ hp to an '09 for what you would pay for a 2010 brand new. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally like the interior of the 07' to 09' better due to the instrument cluster, dash and air inlets. I did unfortunately have to have the clutch TSB performed, but it was free and now drives perfect. Just a pain in the rear.

Either way it is a Shelby and that in itself makes it all worth it. Both are great cars, I just feel that the aftermarket for mods and the retro style of the '07 to '09 are much more in tune with my taste....IMHO.

I have seen both and feel that that '07 to '09's are just better looking cars. Really depends on what you are looking for. You can add new suspension and 100+ hp to an '09 for what you would pay for a 2010 brand new. Either way, you can't go wrong. I personally like the interior of the 07' to 09' better due to the instrument cluster, dash and air inlets. I did unfortunately have to have the clutch TSB performed, but it was free and now drives perfect. Just a pain in the rear.

Either way it is a Shelby and that in itself makes it all worth it. Both are great cars, I just feel that the aftermarket for mods and the retro style of the '07 to '09 are much more in tune with my taste....IMHO.

Congratulations on getting that TSB done I know that is a big relief. I loved my 2009 and think that the 2007 thru 2009 are more retro in styling and true to the roots of the original mustang. My 2009 was not as "fancy" and the interior more spartan but so were the originals. I think Ford took the 2010 a little further into the future, with upgrades. It still is in touch with it's roots, is refined and a bit more elegant but the 2007 - 2009 are a little more original and basic.

One thing for sure is that anyone that is lucky enough to own any year model has a beast.

Steve

Like everbody is stating, Its all about your personal taste and you wallet. I owned a 07 White Shelby GT and thought is was a very nice looking car. Thought I was going to miss the agressive look of the Shelby GT, but when I saw my 2010 Grabber Blue GT500 it was all over for the Shelby GT. The 2010 Car is night and day for me. I even compared it to a new KR sitting on the showroom floor, and if money was no object I would still buy the 2010 car. Just my opinion.

Hi,

Is it just me or some owners still prefer the 09 over the 2010? why?

I am still thinking of either getting a 09 or 2010. Please help =)

Thanks !!!

Sorry for such a lame question.

Hello,

Great to have a choice. I had a 2009 but now own a 2010 if you will just look at the upgrades on the 010 you will have to go 010. Mine rides better runs better looks better gets better mileage just BETTER! If you can afford a 2010 you can't go wrong.

Cobra010

Honeslty i paid for a muscle car not a sport luxury. Go 07-09. Just my .02 worth. More brute power even though the other is rated higher. U feel the torque. I dorve my buddies 10 and i wouldnt trade my baby for any 10 model. Now if i could have both i defnitly would. The 10 has little things that are nice but still when u get into a shelby i think u should feel like ur getting into a car that lives up to that nine testicled monkey that was quoted in that one magazine.

Honeslty i paid for a muscle car not a sport luxury. Go 07-09. Just my .02 worth. More brute power even though the other is rated higher. U feel the torque. I dorve my buddies 10 and i wouldnt trade my baby for any 10 model. Now if i could have both i defnitly would. The 10 has little things that are nice but still when u get into a shelby i think u should feel like ur getting into a car that lives up to that nine testicled monkey that was quoted in that one magazine.

Everyone has made great, valid points. I just sold my tungsten grey 07, and just got my black with blue striped 10. They are both great cars, but to me, if you are going to spend 46,000 to 51,000 dollars for a car, you should get your moneys worth. I feel that the 10 is a tremendously better car than the 07. They do not feel alike in any way. The interior in the 07 was just downright depressing to me. A "sea of black plastic" (I know some leather), is what comes to mind. The 10 interior is far superior in every way. The leather quality on the seats is much more soft and supple, the stripes add alot, as do the suede, more features, better shifter, much much better clutch. The car is so much smoother to drive, sounds better than the 07, and to me pulls much harder stock for stock. And it should with 40hp more, and 3.55 gears vs. 3.31 gears in the 07.

I love the looks of my car, still a muscle mustang, but also a little bit of luxury, kinda of BMW M3 like to me. I think for 50,000+ it should be luxurious inside. It just feels like it is worth the money to me, where as the 07 did not, due to the interior, lack of interior features, the 18" rims, the high rear end (07 needed springs badly), and the quiet exhaust on the 07. I know most of this can be fixed on the 07, but I am tired of putting time and more money into these cars. It is all done on the 10, and that is worth it to me.

And 07 guys please do not take offense to my comments, as I had one, and loved it, but I just love the 10 better. One more thing, I did love the blower whine in the 07, much more muted in the 10, but my understanding is this can be fixed by pulling out the silencer. And to me my 10 sits fine, no springs needed for me.

post-5933-1250639769_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1250639802_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1250639769_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1250639802_thumb.jpg

Everyone has made great, valid points. I just sold my tungsten grey 07, and just got my black with blue striped 10. They are both great cars, but to me, if you are going to spend 46,000 to 51,000 dollars for a car, you should get your moneys worth. I feel that the 10 is a tremendously better car than the 07. They do not feel alike in any way. The interior in the 07 was just downright depressing to me. A "sea of black plastic" (I know some leather), is what comes to mind. The 10 interior is far superior in every way. The leather quality on the seats is much more soft and supple, the stripes add alot, as do the suede, more features, better shifter, much much better clutch. The car is so much smoother to drive, sounds better than the 07, and to me pulls much harder stock for stock. And it should with 40hp more, and 3.55 gears vs. 3.31 gears in the 07.

I love the looks of my car, still a muscle mustang, but also a little bit of luxury, kinda of BMW M3 like to me. I think for 50,000+ it should be luxurious inside. It just feels like it is worth the money to me, where as the 07 did not, due to the interior, lack of interior features, the 18" rims, the high rear end (07 needed springs badly), and the quiet exhaust on the 07. I know most of this can be fixed on the 07, but I am tired of putting time and more money into these cars. It is all done on the 10, and that is worth it to me.

And 07 guys please do not take offense to my comments, as I had one, and loved it, but I just love the 10 better. One more thing, I did love the blower whine in the 07, much more muted in the 10, but my understanding is this can be fixed by pulling out the silencer. And to me my 10 sits fine, no springs needed for me.

You 2010 guys please do not take offence to my comments but some of the color combinations are just not for me. You can't even get America's racing colors white and blue. What's up with that ? Both cars you can't go wrong , so go get one.

Archived