TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 vs 2010 GT500

alvinlee888

Hi,

Is it just me or some owners still prefer the 09 over the 2010? why?

I am still thinking of either getting a 09 or 2010. Please help =)

Thanks !!!

Sorry for such a lame question.

Basically...I think it's because of the new rear end...most don't like it....I think it looks awesome, though...and I have a 2009

Well for me it's not just the Rear End (which I think is just Awful)of the car. In MY OPINION the whole car just dosen't look as Tough/Mean so to speak as the 07-09 Model's, they softened it up to much for my liking.The Front end openings are too big and go to high up(I know this is Great for Air getting in) making the Front End/Hood taller which makes the car Appear Bigger/Chunkier Looking, I like Low & Sleek Looking Personally.The front & rear quarters are nice. I know Ford had to make the car "Look different" and they did a pretty good job, minus the Rear End, but different dosen't mean Better. Same goes for the Interior, different but not necessarily Better (unless were talking quality of materials). Suspension wise if your going to leave it Stock it's Better but I can't stand the Stock ride height so thats a Moot point as well.Same goes for the Power, stock=Not (at least a Stage 1) come on. These are just MY OPINION's to each his/her own. :beerchug:

I had a choice between picking an 09 or a 10 and decided to go with the 09 simply because i like the body style more front and rear. Also i believe that they did away with the blower sound on the 2010s but i might be wrong.

Do yourself a favor and get an 09 at invoice or lower and you can save yourself a few thousands for some good mods.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks !!!

The '10 is the upgraded model, so it will be more advanced than the '09. All things equal, many would pick the '10. However, in the real world, seldom are all things equal. What if you could buy a new '09 at a huge discount, add a TVS and Suspension, and be at the same cost as the stock '10 model? I like the hood, the rear design, and the color option better on the '09. I like the interior, the profile and the gearing more in the '10. The power difference is a wash to me, since the only major difference is the intake and tune, which we will all change out anyway.

Hi,

Thanks !!!

Which do YOU like better? But the one you like best and then have fun with it!

I love them both, so it was the money thing that based my decision... Well, and time I guess... I would have had to wait almost 3 months and pay 13 grand extra for a new 10'...

I wish I could afford them both...

Guess I will have to work a bit harder, I keep following that Eagle of success around hoping one of these years he takes a good crao on my head!!

Yeah, love the back end on the 2010. Its nice in vapor. Not a big fan of the wing though.

3323329145_ac9782168e.jpg

:lol:

Now that's Funny !

The 2010 headlights also look like they are cross eyed when you look at them from the front center.

Both are great cars. The 2010 more modern, but I also prefer the '07-'09, but then again, I am biased with my car.

Archived