TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Parts Website

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/

It seems that more often than not, the site is down.

There must be something wrong with my PC ; the website still doesn't work for me. I used FireFox and Explorer :(

I don't have a problem accessing other websites :headscratch:

+3

There must be something wrong with my PC ; the website still doesn't work for me. I used FireFox and Explorer :(

That's weird Ed. I've never had any issue with access to SPP.

You can always call Monday morning. Ask for Enrique. He's the man. Good luck

Ken

Try clearing your cookies, history, and cache.

+1000 that should clear it up and get you going again...

Start by clicking on Tools at the top of your browser, then click on Internet Options...Middle section in IE8 shows Browsing History, click on Delete and it should give you a list of options for files that you'd like to delete...If you haven't done this in a while, it'll probably take a while for it to run, but your computer should run faster too after you do it...

Another option you could do is this:

go to start run, type in the letters: cmd then hit enter

you will have the command window open..

Now type in this: ipconfig /flushdns

once this is accomplished then try your site again

GNB

Tried...no luck :(

Tried...no luck :(

You guys are probably over complicating this. :banghead:

I bet his wife just just blocked the SPP website so he couldn't order any more stuff. :hysterical:

After this weekend's order that I want to place, mine might start having the same problem...

Hope you can get it figured out & fixed.

Dan

Many years ago I started losing the ability to reach some URLs. I asked and learned that a "defender" program had inserted the subject URLs in a file called "hosts", which somehow prevented my system from hooking up with them.

The "hosts" file will open in Notepad, so you can see what's in there.

You might want to check out this page and maybe some others that could make your quest little easier

ERROR LOADING WEB SITES

Edit: WikiPee has a decent article on Hosts files.

Yeah, I wonder what he is running for A/V or firewall...

I would also wonder if his DNS server at his ISP has changed and he is hitting the sites from cached info..

If you go to the command line again

(start button, run enter command CMD a dos prompt window will open,

Type IPCONFIG /all

this will tell you what your DNS entry is.. Compare this to what your Internet service provider says its supposed to be..

If you do not know how to enter a static entry,,shoot me a IM and I will assist..

Here is an example of what you should see:

post-24335-1250909764_thumb.jpg

post-24335-1250909764_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I wonder what he is running for A/V or firewall...

I would also wonder if his DNS server at his ISP has changed and he is hitting the sites from cached info..

If you go to the command line again

(start button, run enter command CMD a dos prompt window will open,

Type IPCONFIG /all

this will tell you what your DNS entry is.. Compare this to what your Internet service provider says its supposed to be..

If you do not know how to enter a static entry,,shoot me a IM and I will assist..

Here is an example of what you should see:

Humm...I would say that unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't set a static DNS, maybe gbstang can do it and understands what's what but your ISP will handle that as part of getting your IP Adx along with the DNS. There is typically, for a residential install, no reason to enter a DNS server if you obtain your IP Adx through DHCP. That said, there are some handy public DNS servers such as Open DNS but again unless you know what you're messing with and are prepared to change it if needed, and know when it is, you should leave the DNS setting empty to be handled automatically. IPCONFIG /all will tell you what the current DNS being used is which can be a function of the getting the IP adx and not a static entry. Your IPS no doubt someplace has a page about their DNS entires but it's "nice to know" for anyone other than those with a static IP Adx.

As for the hosts file, I guess that could cause problems, but someone would need to have access and single out SPP which I think is pretty unlikely.

I did notice that the reverse lookup is wacky though! If you get the IP adx for shelbyperformanceparts.com you get back 207.178.197.34 but if you try to access the site using the IP bypassing the DNS you get some generic landing page! They're playing some game with the IP address, perhaps port forwarding, who knows. This is in contrast the something like apple.com which returns 17.149.160.10 which of you enter into your browser you get the Apple web site.

Anyway....I think something is non-standard in their set-up such that some people have problems accessing the site....but that's just a quick guess I haven't drilled down into it.

BTW: If you're running a Mac, you can find your DNS info in System Preferences:Network:TCP/IP or use the Network Utility found in your Utility Folder.

Regarding the DNS entry,

My reasoning behind the DNS posting was to determine if his entry is the same as what the ISP was telling him verbally (and dynamically forwarded through DHCP) However, if it was different I would assume that someone had made a static entry in his TCP/IP config, then he would have to manually select the radial button in the properties to have the DNS entry provided thus removing the static entry.

The Ip with the website being returned is most likely a return from there DMZ webserver, or forwarding through NAT on a PIX..who knows, I am not threre.. People do some unique things with thier websites, gotta keep out the hackers.. Another way to determined if its a site just being hosted is to enter the IP from the site into SamSpade.org... I am certain it will be returned with a hosting company..

Well,,,another 2 cents out there,,,,,,

GNB

Archived