TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members Weekend '09 - Comments

Shelby CS8

I think you did an outstanding job Jason. You and all who volunteered should be commended for a job well done. We got to meet a lot of people and will definitely do it again!!!!! The only downside is you need to work on your waiting table skills. :hysterical: Don't quit your day job.

Dan & Laura Cadena

DSCF3008.jpg

Jason,

This was a great rally. It started well moved on to a great cruise and ended with a fun silent auction and awards ceremony. This is a wonderful and very friendly group of Shelby enthusiasts. I cannot wait until the next event. Great job, great turn out, and a great fund raiser.

line_of_shelbys.JPG

group_shot.JPG

Hi Jason,

Very nice event. I cannot believe you are not already in bed. I will send you a CD. I got a photo of about 95% of the cars during the show. I took individual shots of each car. Ended up not doing the cruise. I just did not have 5 hours in me for the cruise and then the return to San Diego (long week last week). That would be my only suggestions -- make the cruise 1.5 to 2 hours long. Great job, man.

Jim

So far the Team Shelby Members weekend is a hugh success :happy feet: . Crevier Classic Cars was a fantastic spot to start the event. Tons of room for our cars and a great car collection to drool over :drool: . The silent auction was full of must have items ( sure hope I won the Shelby picture ). Everyone was putting bids on everything and all for a great cause, the Carroll Shelby Foundation. The cruise thru Angeles Crest was loads of fun. Seeing all those Shelbys, stangs and SVT vehicles rolling along together was cool. Only problem for me was not finishing the day with the team :cry: , had pull off after the group photo so I could get home to prepare for the track tomorrow.

I want to give a big thanks to Jason and his team at 281 Motor Sports. Wonderful, wonderful hosts that went out of their way to make this day perfect. I also want to thank all the sponsors that made this event possible.

I can’t wait for tomorrow, the second day of the Team Shelby Members weekend.

Jason and 281Motorsports hard work was evident today. Today's portion of the event was wonderful. Crevier was a great meet spot. A big thank you to them for opening up their doors to us. Once we fought our way through the LA county traffic, the Angeles Crest ride was awesome. My first time. We took over the lunch spot and most every bystander that cake through the parking lot was constantly turning their heads at all our cars. Enis did a great job of leading us around. Thanks to him for taking on that role. The whole drive wasn't that long. I had the dash stop watch going. It was about 2.5 hours of drive time. A lunch brake and about half hour photo shoot. The longest part was fighting through the freeway traffic and a typical LA sigalert (an overturned BOAT on the freeway).

I had to bail out of Richies to get home. I am sure you had a great time. Likewise, I am sure those attending tomorrow will have a blast. Work keeps me from attending.

Lastly because I can say much more with pictures:

09weekend014.jpg

My car at the photo shoot location

09weekend020.jpg

Lined up three deep for a photo shoot at the top of Angeles Crest Highway

09weekend015.jpg

09weekend017.jpg

Members and friends taking pictures at the photo shoot

09weekend013.jpg

A look off the other side from the photo shoot. If it wasn't August in CA the view may have been as spectacular group shot.

What an awesome day. Thank you very much Jason and company. Hats off to Enis (sp?) for being the lead car: I know I couldn't have behaved with such restraint with, what, 30,000hp lined up behind me! That poor G35 couldn't! It was a pleasure to meet everyone, and I learned a whole lot, starting with how to stick a rondel to my car without bubbles. (Forgot to ask how to get it off again)

Hi to Arnold, Shakeh, Jason, Jason, Steve, Steve, Dan, Ken, Alex, UFO guy, 281, Crevier, the Fallen team and everyone else for making this such a great day.

James

I think you did an outstanding job Jason. You and all who volunteered should be commended for a job well done. We got to meet a lot of people and will definitely do it again!!!!! The only downside is you need to work on your waiting table skills. :hysterical: Don't quit your day job.

Dan & Laura Cadena

DSCF3008.jpg

Atleast you got your food hot suhka! LOL

What a memorable weekend :yahoo: You've upped the bar so much higher than last year Jason, what could the 281 crew possibly have in store for us next year? Can I sign up now? Crevier was a great choice for our meeting spot, I am kinda partial to Cars & Coffee (like last year) but the hospitality of the Crevier folks was over the top. I'm sure it takes a bunch of folks to operate the 'Collection' but the most visble guy, Mike has a dream job IMO. Kinda like a social director and curator for some of the most upscale car collections in the county. Better yet, he offered to let me keep my car there for only $500 a month :doh: As impossible as it must be to guide 60+ cars along a 150 mile route thru LA traffic in my opinion it went without a hitch. I started at the back becuse it's the best way to get a good luck at each car as you move up thru the ranks. I'm all for safety but that has got to be the SLOWEST I have ever gone up the Crest -_- I'd guess it would be a pretty big downer on the weekend if one of us had an 'off course' diversion on that road. There are many, many corners where it drops off 500 feet or so just a few feet from the edge of the road. Newcombs Ranch was a nice stretch the legs and have some decent food spot. I haven't been there in a few years since I was crazy enough to do it on two wheels regularly but they have upgraded the place a bunch, it used to be a shack with an outhouse bathroom out back-literally. Glad to see they are prospering and great Steak Sandwiches BTW!

After all the driving, spending the evening unwinding with our Shelby 'family' of enthusiasts at dinner and the hotel was a great end to the day. I'd have wished more of the group could have stayed over so we could 'decompress' :beerchug: :tequila: in the bar. I'm pretty sure 11:30 is about the earlist I've left a group of friends still drinking when a room was just steps away, but I had hoped showing a bit of restraint would help my driving skills the next morning. I'll update on Sunday the track day later, I gotta go to work now. Just know that if you live within a reasonable distance of the LA are and you could possibly make next years Members Weekend DO IT!

Alan

Jason, great job. Well coordinated event. I had a pretty good time on Saturday, which is pretty amazing since I could not drive and was having trouble getting around at the show. My oldest son (who got to drive while I road shotgun on the cruise) had an absolute blast, and my 9 year old daughter had a great time as well.

Of course, I would have had a better time if I had not broken a bone in my foot two weeks ago, and could have actually driven instead of being relegated to the passenger seat.

Crevier's was a nice place to have it (and has a more civilized roll in time than Cars & Coffee) and we had a nice variety of people and cars. It is pretty amazing to see the same car hold the interest of a 4year old, a 24 year old, a 34 year old, a 50 year old and a 65 year old.

I am already looking forward to next year, and expect that I will participate in the track event as well next year.

And on top of all that, a decent amount of money was raised for a good cause, so event though the event is now over the money raised can have a more lasting effect.

Jason:

EXCELLENT, SUPERB, BOFFO, WELL DONE!

As I stated twice during the event, kudos to you and your staff of volunteers for all of your hard work leading up to, and during the event. It takes a tremendious amount work to plan and excuite an event like this, and you must be properly recognized for your efforts.

As far as I could tell, GREAT FUN was had by all. Although I could only attend the Saturday portion of the event, I can't imagine that Sunday's activities at the track were not equally fun and spectacular for those who attended.

I was honored and flattered to be the pace car for the drive on Saturday, and I am very happy that everyone made it through the run without one serious hitch. A couple of personal funny moments for me during the run was seeing a lone Black on Black 2010 Camaro traveling in the opposite direction of our Shelby caravan. I would have LOVED to be a fly in that car as the driver passed a THUNDERIOUS heard that was made up of 60 or so Shelby Mustangs, Mustangs, a Lightning, and of course an AC Cobra too!

I would not be one bit surprised if the Camaro driver said to his or herself, "Damn, I think that I bought the wrong car". :hysterical:

Another funny moment for me was when that lone C5 Corvette driver drove past a gauntlet of about 80 or so Shelby and Ford lovers standing on the side of Angeles Crest Hwy across from our cars during the photo op. I was suprised that he actually turned around and spoke with us. He was a nice guy, but he sure got an earful from people telling him to sell his C5 and replace it with a Shelby!

He's lucky that we did not post-4213-1250547952.gif him as he drove by!

The gathering at Crevier was fanstastic. Thanks to the Crevier staff for their hospitality, and thanks to Pirate Grafix for helping everyone to install their event rondels on the partisipants cars. We should also acknowledge and thank the myriad of sponsors outside of Team Shelby that helped and contributed so much to make this event the success that it was.

Folks, Jason was so involved and hands on during the event, not only did he help the wait staff at the resturant get the food out to the partisipants, he also helped Pirate Grafix install the rondels on people's cars too.

It must be acknowledged that this event was originally the brain child of Mr. Chris VH (Shelby Pilot) last year, and he must also be recognized and now be considered the "father" of this annual(?) event that I suspect will only get larger going forward. Chris started this event and did a fantastic job last year, and Jason with his staff took it to another level this year.

In closing, I have a quote under my avatar that says "there's nothing like a Shelby". Well, it can also be said that "there is nothing like a Shelby owner/lover" too!

If this event happens again next year and you live anywhere reasonably close to Los Angeles or Orange County, please make a point not to pass it up.

Jason, I :salute: you!

post-4213-1250547952.gif

Well, it appears that you are quite right Rick:

Bakersfield to Costa Mesa:

http://distancecalculator.globefeed.com/US...ace=Bakersfield (Kern County)&toplace=Costa Mesa (Orange County)&fromlat=35.3732921&tolat=33.6411316&fromlng=-119.0187125&tolng=-117.9186689

Palm Springs to Costa Mesa:

http://distancecalculator.globefeed.com/US...;fromplace=Palm Springs (Riverside County)&toplace=Costa Mesa (Orange County)&fromlat=33.8302961&tolat=33.6411316&fromlng=-116.5452921&tolng=-117.9186689

PS to CM: 102 Miles

BKSF to CM: 153 Miles

Looks like you should have been the winner of the "longest distance driven" award. :hysterical:

Fun times, Hummmmmmm,,I still think Palm Springs is closer to Costa Mesa than Bakersfield

Ken and Keegan (who won the long distance award) actually live east of Bermuda Dunes which is east of Palm Springs where I live. We met at a gas station near my shop at 6 am..

Fantastic job Jason and crew. It is amazing how much effort from so many went into creating and coordinating this event!! Jason, April, Angie, Bill, Doug, Aaron, Crevier, Enis, and others, Excellent job!! All your hard work paid off and went smoothly. Everyone seemed to have fun. I always enjoy the people at these Shelby events just as much as the cars. It is hard to meet a Shelby owner (or any Ford owner for that matter) that you don't like. I've been part of several other clubs with other vehicles in the past (Porsche, Viper and Corvette) and never found the people to be nearly as fun and down to earth where you look forward to seeing them again.

For those of you that missed this event, make it a point to make it next year!!! You won't regret it..just don't stay up till 3 am drinking and jiberjabbering like I did and not wake up early enough and miss the road racing...LOL

Alex

Jason it was a awsome . aftyer seeing the pics of the cruise i wish donna and i at least tried it

my hats of to you and April . and the rest of your crew for a job way above and beyond

it was by far the best car weekend i had sence i bought the SHELBY and 428 that i should of brought :headscratch:

anway kudos to you and 281

JIM& DONNA

Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful comments :wub:

Jason and many others worked really hard and many hours to get this event together. I know there were a few nights where I was woken up in bed from Jason just getting home...at 4:30 in the morning!

But seriously this event could not have been a success without all of YOU!!! It was truly an honor to meet everyone and I hope that some new friendships can be made as well.

I can’t wait for next years event…lets see what new tricks Jason can pull out of his sleeve!

We are already working on another car show and cruise for December. We will be announcing information on that soon!

I would love to keep in touch with everyone from the event. If you would like to do so too please send me your email address.

I look forward too seeing everyone again real soon!

:banvictory:

Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful comments :wub:

Jason and many others worked really hard and many hours to get this event together. I know there were a few nights where I was woken up in bed from Jason just getting home...at 4:30 in the morning!

But seriously this event could not have been a success without all of YOU!!! It was truly an honor to meet everyone and I hope that some new friendships can be made as well.

I can’t wait for next years event…lets see what new tricks Jason can pull out of his sleeve!

We are already working on another car show and cruise for December. We will be announcing information on that soon!

I would love to keep in touch with everyone from the event. If you would like to do so too please send me your email address.

I look forward too seeing everyone again real soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived