TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Heck of a Road Trip

War Eagle

Got up at 3:30 AM and left Panama City at 5:00 AM after meeting up with my two buddies. Eleven hour round trip to Macon Ga. to pick up the car and return. Got her home without a scratch and was glad we took the enclosed trailer because we drove thru some violent heavy thuderstorms on the way home.

One photo is of Rick and Chris my two friends that went with me to get the car.

Absolutely love the car and there is no comparison between the 2010 and the 2009 that I had. The first thing I noticed was how much better the interior is with nice new touches including OAT and compass. The car looks and feels expensive on the inside now.

Steve

post-25298-1250389185_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389194_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389201_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389211_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389185_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389194_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389201_thumb.jpg

post-25298-1250389211_thumb.jpg

Got up at 3:30 AM and left Panama City at 5:00 AM after meeting up with my two buddies. Eleven hour round trip to Macon Ga. to pick up the car and return. Got her home without a scratch and was glad we took the enclosed trailer because we drove thru some violent heavy thuderstorms on the way home.

One photo is of Rick and Chris my two friends that went with me to get the car.

Absolutely love the car and there is no comparison between the 2010 and the 2009 that I had. The first thing I noticed was how much better the interior is with nice new touches including OAT and compass. The car looks and feels expensive on the inside now.

Steve

Is that the car Al Copp wa selling??looks great --good thing about the trailer.Have fun with it and welcome to the Torch Red club

Is that the car Al Copp wa selling??looks great --good thing about the trailer.Have fun with it and welcome to the Torch Red club

Thanks guys!!

Man I was really "Stove Up" when I got out of bed this morning from that eleven hour drive yesterday.

Yes this is the car that Al was telling us about at Riverside Ford in Macon Ga.. The car still had the additional dealer markup sticker showing MSRP at $58,700. They had listed it on eBay with no reserve and I got the car for $46,100, $500 more that I was paying for the car I had ordered. I looked for Al and was told he had retired again, probably having too much fun with his car to show up for work.

Now for the rest of the story................................ :D

There was a big cruise last night starting at 6:00 here in Panama City so Rick and Chris said, hey lets make a grand entrance with the car and show up at the cruise with the car in the trailer and unload her right there.

So we arrived around 6:15 and pulled up in to the parking area where the cruise was, an parked just outside the entrance to the show car area. Before Rick got the truck engine cut off all of the Mustang Club members were headed over to us.

By the time Rick got all of the doors of the trailer opened up we had maybe 50 people gathered around us. Chris and I cleared the area behind the trailer and Rick climbed in and fired her up. The car was absolutely stunning as she rolled down the ramp and in to the parking lot. Rick then pulled her over to the show car area where she was besieged by people the rest of the evening.

Nobody there had ever seen a 2010 Shelby GT500 and were just blown away by the car, she still had all of her stickers on the windows and everyone wanted to see the list of standard equiment on the car.

What a day!!!!!!!!

I got her out this moring and drove her for a few minutes and without question this car is much more refined than the 2009 that I had. The brute power is still there but the car now has an elegance and more expensive feel and look to her.

Got to go, I washed her a few minutes ago and she is now in the garage awaiting her first wax job. There was no wax on the car when we picked it up.

Steve

Thanks guys!!

Man I was really "Stove Up" when I got out of bed this morning from that eleven hour drive yesterday.

Yes this is the car that Al was telling us about at Riverside Ford in Macon Ga.. The car still had the additional dealer markup sticker showing MSRP at $58,700. They had listed it on eBay with no reserve and I got the car for $46,100, $500 more that I was paying for the car I had ordered. I looked for Al and was told he had retired again, probably having too much fun with his car to show up for work.

Now for the rest of the story................................ :D

There was a big cruise last night starting at 6:00 here in Panama City so Rick and Chris said, hey lets make a grand entrance with the car and show up at the cruise with the car in the trailer and unload her right there.

So we arrived around 6:15 and pulled up in to the parking area where the cruise was, an parked just outside the entrance to the show car area. Before Rick got the truck engine cut off all of the Mustang Club members were headed over to us.

By the time Rick got all of the doors of the trailer opened up we had maybe 50 people gathered around us. Chris and I cleared the area behind the trailer and Rick climbed in and fired her up. The car was absolutely stunning as she rolled down the ramp and in to the parking lot. Rick then pulled her over to the show car area where she was besieged by people the rest of the evening.

Nobody there had ever seen a 2010 Shelby GT500 and were just blown away by the car, she still had all of her stickers on the windows and everyone wanted to see the list of standard equiment on the car.

What a day!!!!!!!!

I got her out this moring and drove her for a few minutes and without question this car is much more refined than the 2009 that I had. The brute power is still there but the car now has an elegance and more expensive feel and look to her.

Got to go, I washed her a few minutes ago and she is now in the garage awaiting her first wax job. There was no wax on the car when we picked it up.

Steve

Steve sounds like great fun--assume the supercharger has been set--it has to be driven like 5 miles at speed.I think theyre truly elegant cars,good word for it--bob

Wow..you sure made a grand entrance with your car! Awesome!

I thought about taking my car to a cruise or a show..but I don't like the idea of people hanging all over my car, kids running around, etc...just to many dangerous variables. Though it would be cool to win a trophy. Ah, heck..I could have a trophy made for myself..and no one would know the difference years from now...hehe.

Blue--been going to car shows for a long time,and the thrill of the first trophy is very nice.I was always a clutz at sports,so actually winning something was fun.From my experience,show folks are a little more respectful of the cars than the general crusies are--fewer folks with strollers etc.I actually had someone open my car door of my 65GTO and sit in it!!He thought it was like car showroom.Anyway,if you can find a local show that requires an enrance fee,you'll love it--but stay near the car

Blue--been going to car shows for a long time,and the thrill of the first trophy is very nice.I was always a clutz at sports,so actually winning something was fun.From my experience,show folks are a little more respectful of the cars than the general cruises are--fewer folks with strollers etc.I actually had someone open my car door of my 65GTO and sit in it!!He thought it was like car showroom.Anyway,if you can find a local show that requires an entrance fee,you'll love it--but stay near the car

Yeah...maybe if I find more of a show...I might go sometime in the future. I just have visions of someone leaning over the hood of my car with their "Supersize" drink - and it accidentally slipping out of their hand and opening up to release it's sticky carbonated contents into my heat extractor opening! I guess I am paranoid and protective! hehe.

That's amazing that someone wanted to "try out" your 65GTO! Oh no.

Blue--i went to a Mustang only show Sat and itwas great.Parked next to a black Snake vert--awesome car.There were 2 Shelby Gts parked next to me,both had hood lifts.One of the guy told me the reason he bought his--he was at a show iwth his hood open,and a very strong gust of wind lifted his hood up (he only had that silly rod holding it up) , the rod dropped over the fender,the hood closed and dented the fender--OOPS!!I really need to do the lift thing for sure now--The one he ised was made by Shelby Parts,but they say it wont hold a GT500 hood--too heavy.(sorry if I hi-jacked the thread

Blue--i went to a Mustang only show Sat and itwas great.Parked next to a black Snake vert--awesome car.There were 2 Shelby Gts parked next to me,both had hood lifts.One of the guy told me the reason he bought his--he was at a show iwth his hood open,and a very strong gust of wind lifted his hood up (he only had that silly rod holding it up) , the rod dropped over the fender,the hood closed and dented the fender--OOPS!!I really need to do the lift thing for sure now--The one he ised was made by Shelby Parts,but they say it wont hold a GT500 hood--too heavy.(sorry if I hi-jacked the thread

Good for you man. I did the same thing for the 07 C6 vette I ordered back then. It was on order for months and I just decided to do some research and ended of finding the exact car sitting on a dealer lot a few miles away. I walked right in and bought it. 3 months later the old dealer called me and said that GM ran out of some part and was car was going to be delayed another 2 months. I told them to cancel and still got my deposit back. Congrats.

Hey War! Grats and bless you and the ballz to cancel and drive and pick one up out of state. Unfortunately, your drama is over :rip: and the soap opera will soon end for me as well.

SSG,

I sure hope you get your car soon. You have suffered a lot longer than I did. How is the recent plant shutdown affecting your delivery date.

Steve

Archived