TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SuperSnake

stentgraft95

It's just a mod'ed GT-500, not a "REAL" Super Snake.

The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:

# Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available

# 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

# Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

# Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

# Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

# Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around

# Front and rear brake cooling ducts

# Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

# Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

# Super Snake exclusive striping

# ‘Shelby’ lettering across the rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges

# Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure

# Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components

# Official Shelby CSM dash plate

Not even close, no SS badging, hood or stripes and it still has the OEM supercharger, but with what looks like a Steeda CAI.

It's a GT500 with the red-stripe package and it's way over-priced.

+1

He's claiming 645HP with a pully, tune, CAI, Rouch exhaust and Shelby heat exchanger. Obviously not RWHP. Does this sound right for flywheel HP on a pullied car?

+1

He's claiming 645HP with a pully, tune, CAI, Rouch exhaust and Shelby heat exchanger. Obviously not RWHP. Does this sound right for flywheel HP on a pullied car?

Yeah with a good tune it's reasonable for a crank HP #, but not RWHP.

Maybe the dealer got duped from the original owner when they took it on trade? This isn't a Ford dealer FYI.

VEHICLE COMMENTS

2007 GT500 Shelby Cobra Mustang--Super Snake! Over 645 horsepower! One of only 300 made in this limited production run, this Shelby Cobra has the SUPER SNAKE PACKAGE giving it: upgraded rims and tires, X3 Power Chip, Roush Racing Exhaust, short shift, Supercharger pulley system, Cold Air Return System, Shelby Heat Exchanger, and Bullet Engine Caps. This Cobra was signed by the President of Nascar--Mike Heation. It comes with a custom, factory signature of the Man Himself--Carroll Shelby. THE ABSOLUTE FASTEST CAR IN STOCK!

Bullet Engine Caps !?! :finger: ( BILLET )

And I watch Nascar but who the hell is Mike Heation?!? :headscratch: ( HELTON )

Maybe he was misinformed by whoever the car came from but do some research if your looking for 54K for a red stripe with mods. Then again, someone will believe its an SS.

As I have found for nearly 40 years, the average enthusiast knows more about the cars on a dealers showroom floor than all of the sales staff put together! (the lone exception is Jamie Lyons @ Town & Country Ford, Nashville, TN) Internet sales guy got all excited about this car and embellished it's features! Let the buyer beware (or be doing his research ahead of time).

When you next visit the dealer please tell him for all of us that he is an a$$

Since it is “ABSOLUTELY THE FASTEST CAR IN STOCK”… AND… it comes with a “CUSTOM FACTORY SIGNATURE”, I think it only fitting that he be "upgraded" to "SUPER A$$" (with all appropriate custom accoutrements of course).

Yea and the SuperSnake was not offered with a red stripe option (I asked for a special exception from Shelby Motors, 2 of the authorized mod ships, in the ask Amy forum, etc,). Not to mention these are GT500 stripes, not a SS stripe.

Sad that someone would misrepresent it. Probably a nicely modified GT500, but NOT a SS.

Now, if I had the $$, I would go for upgrading my GT500 to a GT500/SE w/all the mods up to, and including the 725 HP option. Pretty close to a SS and I coujld keep the black w/red that I LOVE. But, the SE upgrade with all the options is a nice chunk of change!

Is it a Super Snake?

1. No.

2. No way.

3. No way on god's green earth.

But I like the pillow case though. :hysterical:

THEY SHOULD CALL THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE ;

FALSE ADVERTISING AND DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRATICES ; WELL

THAT'S WHAT MY WIFE THE ATTORNEY SAY'S.

SCOTTY

Oh no, no, no Scotty you misinterpreted them you see it was the "ROYAL ON THE EAST SIDE" edition "Super Snake with the president of NASCAR Mike (what's his name)/official factory signature of the man himself signed dash" version.

I sent the dealer an email last night. Asking to see pictures of the redisgned engine bay, the upgraded badeging etc...

Here's the response

Hey, thanks for the email. This vehicle was actually sold recently and is no longer available.

Sorry,

Andy Long

--

Internet Manager

Royal on the Eastside

Nissan, VW, Audi, Subaru,

Lincoln, Mercury

Bloomington, IN

Phone: 812-332-3333

www.royalontheeastside.com

I sent the dealer an email last night. Asking to see pictures of the redisgned engine bay, the upgraded badeging etc...

Here's the response

Hey, thanks for the email. This vehicle was actually sold recently and is no longer available.

Sorry,

Andy Long

--

Internet Manager

Royal on the Eastside

Nissan, VW, Audi, Subaru,

Lincoln, Mercury

Bloomington, IN

Phone: 812-332-3333

www.royalontheeastside.com

Maybe that's their admission to guilt and they're changing the wording around...

One can hope.

Archived