TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lets be honest about the GT500

I post this here instead of the GT500 page because I think it's just better between us SGT guys ,,,,,,no need to offend anyone....you know me ...........I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings.:::::::

Is it just me or does the GT500 look like .............well............a big ugly Catfish in front view ................really all it needs is a couple of those long whiskers , or antenas .....................really take a good look at that thing .........................Can't touch the looks of the SGT!!!!

I like the 500 nose so much I am putting it on my SGT. Love the looks of the SGT but the warped fake scoop, wrinkled stripes, and now rusty hood pin cables sealed the deal 4 me. :)

I want to see photos of that. It had crossed my mind to do that. I have always like the nose of the GT500. I think the whole car looks great -- just different from the SGT.

Jim

I want to see photos of that. It had crossed my mind to do that. I have always like the nose of the GT500. I think the whole car looks great -- just different from the SGT.

Jim

Sure thing. I am now just waiting for the truckload of parts to come in. :)

stump_breaker - I bet u are a riot in person as u r very funny online!

Even with the whiskers I still can't see the resemblance.

post-510-1237747172.jpg

catfish.jpg

Thats a Catshark !..............Looks nothing like the 500 !............or a Catfish................Still I wouldn't refuse a GT500 if I was given one I'd just put a SGT front end on it.....................with Heath Beck Scoop of course.................

Thats a Catshark !..............Looks nothing like the 500 !............or a Catfish................Still I wouldn't refuse a GT500 if I was given one I'd just put a SGT front end on it.....................with Heath Beck Scoop of course.................

the sgt front end is very good looking 4 sure and Chip's / Heath's scoops r sweet!

I post this here instead of the GT500 page because I think it's just better between us SGT guys ,,,,,,no need to offend anyone....you know me ...........I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings.:::::::

Is it just me or does the GT500 look like .............well............a big ugly Catfish in front view ................really all it needs is a couple of those long whiskers , or antenas .....................really take a good look at that thing .........................Can't touch the looks of the SGT!!!!

Actually the front end of your car looked better right out of Flat Rock?????????? :lurk:

I truly like the new GT500...sorry guys. Now the back end is a different story.... very girly and no aggressivness.

+1 The 500 is great, but the back end of the 2010 Mustang looks like a "butt pucker" complete with a single hair which is the uuuugly rear antenna !! :hysterical::finger:

I'll just let a couple of photos do the talking....

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

Great comparison, Ilmor..thanks!

Some random thoughts:

1) Anybody know the ground clearance difference between the GT-500 and the SGT? The SGT just shouts "handling" by its stance alone.

2) As much as I like the quiet elegance of the silver stripes on the white SGTs (and this is a Black SGT owner talkin'!), it is tough to beat the classic look of blue stripes on a white Shelby.

3) I love the spoiler-less look of the SGT; clean and mean. (Mebbe some of that is born of rapping my knuckles for 5 years while washing and waxing my old winged '02 GT).

Kevin

Those pictures of the cat and shark are killing me !! :hysterical2:

Before I bought the '07 SGT, I really wanted the GT-500. I really like the front-end of the GT-500 especially the slants just inside of the headlamps. I hadn't given the SGT much thought until I got serious about purchasing. The SGT was simply more affordable for me. When I first saw a black SGT, I was blown away! It screamed of Eleanor and '66 GT-350 to me.

In hindsight, I'm kind of glad I couldn't afford my first choice......if that makes any sense??

Now I have to figure out how to get a GT-500 as well.... :headscratch:

The kitty shark and the crymaro fish.... :hysterical:

I actually like the looks of both the SGT & the GT500 up to 09. The a$$ end of the 2010' Mustang's make want to puke. If i would have bought a GT500 i would have had to do a suspension change and bring it down though.

The only reason i didn't buy a GT500 is the $15,000 ADM over sticker. I received A/Z plan on my SGT with a $1,000 rebate, but at the time they wouldn't budge on the GT500. Even though i could have afforded the GT500 with the ADM, i figured that 15 grand was better in my pocket than theirs.

What appeals to me about the SGT is it's family resemblance to the 1966 GT 350.

Agreed!

Or, with louvers, a 1965 GT-350.

139.jpg

I TOO want to have both in my stable. Actually - I'd like to have 3. my SGT, a GT500 that has had some sort/form of Shelby-i-zation done to it. (40th / KR / Super Snake / 427) and a Shebly CS8 Turn1. (let's see - where did I put those lottery tickets?)

---

I'd have to say that the Super Snake has got to be the best looking of all. It's "WOW" factor FAR exceeds that of any other Shelby I have ever seen in person. I even think that the look of the 2010 GT500 Super Snake is dam sharp!!

---

If the price is right - It would be hard to pass up the oportunity to purchase a 2010 GT500.

Trevor

Archived