TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Cancelled my Order

War Eagle

Just cancelled my order. They will have an extra car to sell if and when it ever comes in. They are pretty happy to have one more Shelby to sell, they only got one.

Steve

Steve,

I am sorry to hear that. You seem to have reached the Burning Blue point where you tell the dealer to pound sand and find one on the lot and pick it up quick. I hope that is the case.

Anyway, have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim and by the way here is my new VIN # 1ZVBP8JS1A5123388

Road trip tomorrow morning starting at 5:00 AM, me and two of my buddies from the Mustang club are taking an enclosed trailer and picking up my new car tomorrow. Should be back home with it by 9:00 or 10:00 CST tomorrow night.

Road Trip :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I will post pictures after we get back.

Steve

Road trip tomorrow morning starting at 5:00 AM, me and two of my buddies from the Mustang club are taking an enclosed trailer and picking up my new car tomorrow. Should be back home with it by 9:00 or 10:00 CST tomorrow night.

Steve

Congrats Steve--hope you got what you wanted.Have them unload it about 50 miles from your house,so you can show everyone what you got.bob

Road trip tomorrow morning starting at 5:00 AM, me and two of my buddies from the Mustang club are takinmg an enclosed trailer and picking up my new car tomorrow. Should be back home with it by 9:00 or 10:00 CST tomorrow night.

Road TRip :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Steve

Steve,

Now that is the way to do it. Finally got some news today. The car is finally loaded on the hauler and they were hoping to deliver it today, but now looks like Monday is the day.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Jim

Just canceled my order. They will have an extra car to sell if and when it ever comes in. They are pretty happy to have one more Shelby to sell, they only got one.

Steve

Wow! In a way I'm surprised that they let you do that - I mean with the car already being built. But I guess there's a market down there for them from what you indicated.

Steve,

I am sorry to hear that. You seem to have reached the Burning Blue point where you tell the dealer to pound sand and find one on the lot and pick it up quick. I hope that is the case.

Anyway, have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Jim

Yep...the "burning blue point"! hehe...Indeed! It was the best thing I did for sure. I couldn't ever imagine still playing games with the dealer and ford..ugh. I just wish I would have done it sooner.

Steve

That sounds so awesome! Great way to turn a negative situation (waiting for your ordered car) into a positive one! I'm sure you and the guys will have a blast on the trip. I see that you got the EXACT same car as you originally ordered, huh? Wow...what a stroke of luck! Congrats Steve! You're going to LOVE this car! I can't begin to express how impressive they are...and you will forget about the months of torment you've spent previously. I sure did.

Steve,

Now that is the way to do it. Finally got some news today. The car is finally loaded on the hauler and they were hoping to deliver it today, but now looks like Monday is the day.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Jim

Good news CaptJim88! :happy feet:

YES! Very satisfying to see all the people that have been on the boards since I've been here getting their cars...one way or the other! :shift:

Quote Burning Blue

Wow! In a way I'm surprised that they let you do that - I mean with the car already being built. But I guess there's a market down there for them from what you indicated. "

BB,

After the initial order was cancelled after 5 weeks of waiting because they did not have an allocation they refunded my $1,000 deposit. I kind of have been getting the cold shoulder from this Dealer every since I contacted Ford Corporate and got them one additional allocation. They got only one other car that they kept from a buyer that canceled for reasons unknown and they sold that car with a $5,000 ADM. After they refunded my money I was never able to get them to send me any kind of contract or anything else in writing about my price or purchase.

They will never return my calls and act like they are too busy to talk to me. I think they were glad to get the additional allocation but not happy about selling me the car for $1,000 over invoice. After I called twice this week and they would not return my call I decided that was it I had had enough.

I had nothing in writing from them that they were selling me the car at a given price, I felt like I was being set up.

You can update my purchase to show my new purchase as follows:

MSRP $48,700

Bought $46,600 and with no Dealer Document fees at all. OTD at $46,600 Out of state and I am handling the tax, tag, and title here.

Cash purchase,

Steve

Quote Burning Blue

Wow! In a way I'm surprised that they let you do that - I mean with the car already being built. But I guess there's a market down there for them from what you indicated. "

BB,

After the initial order was cancelled after 5 weeks of waiting because they did not have an allocation they refunded my $1,000 deposit. I kind of have been getting the cold shoulder from this Dealer every since I contacted Ford Corporate and got them one additional allocation. They got only one other car that they kept from a buyer that canceled for reasons unknown and they sold that car with a $5,000 ADM. After they refunded my money I was never able to get them to send me any kind of contract or anything else in writing about my price or purchase.

They will never return my calls and act like they are too busy to talk to me. I think they were glad to get the additional allocation but not happy about selling me the car for $1,000 over invoice. After I called twice this week and they would not return my call I decided that was it I had had enough.

I had nothing in writing from them that they were selling me the car at a given price, I felt like I was being set up.

You can update my purchase to show my new purchase as follows:

MSRP $48,700

Bought $46,600 and with no Dealer Document fees at all. OTD at $46,600 Out of state and I am handling the tax, tag, and title here.

Cash purchase,

Steve

Good luck Steve,

Sounds like the dealer was only too happy to push you just enough and get you to cancel your order.

Best regards, Ian

I feel for you but I am glad you are getting the same car at a lower price. I don't know how Mac Haik Ford down here in a little town of 60,000 people in South Texas was able to get 2 - 2010's in about 7 weeks from order to delivery! They must have some pull through there reps.. My car came in so fast that when I got the call I was scrambling to put the money together to pay them. My brother got the other one. His came in a week and a half before mine. Right at 6 weeks from order to delivery. I was thinking around the 1st of October so I was shocked when he got the call that his car came in so early! They are worth the wait, trust me, Happy motoring, denohew

They will never return my calls and act like they are too busy to talk to me.

go to their website and leave a comment/email to them. I tried getting a hold of Galpin Ford and had the same problem with a couple salesman not calling me back when they said they would. I found my car at another dealership but was so pissed at Galpin I wrote a comment to them on their site. the next day I had some manager that works under the GM call me and apologize. Later in the day while I was at the other dealership doing the paperwork to buy my car the actualy GM from Galpin called me to apologize. I hope those salesman lost their jobs

After the initial order was canceled after 5 weeks of waiting because they did not have an allocation they refunded my $1,000 deposit. I kind of have been getting the cold shoulder from this Dealer every since I contacted Ford Corporate and got them one additional allocation. They got only one other car that they kept from a buyer that canceled for reasons unknown and they sold that car with a $5,000 ADM. After they refunded my money I was never able to get them to send me any kind of contract or anything else in writing about my price or purchase.

Wow...I hadn't caught that the dealer was being that ignorant to you. Just terrible. Yeah, it sort of sounds like they were doing everything they could to get rid of you.

All in all...I'm glad you got a happy ending however. And a great price too!! WOW! Again...CONGRATS! :shift:

It's about time....I bet you will be glad to get this over with. It's funny how hard it is to buy these cars sometimes. Seems like half of us just walk in and it's no big deal, and the other half have to put some work into it.

go to their website and leave a comment/email to them. I tried getting a hold of Galpin Ford and had the same problem with a couple salesman not calling me back when they said they would. I found my car at another dealership but was so pissed at Galpin I wrote a comment to them on their site. the next day I had some manager that works under the GM call me and apologize. Later in the day while I was at the other dealership doing the paperwork to buy my car the actually GM from Galpin called me to apologize. I hope those salesman lost their jobs

I probably should do the same thing with the dealer I ordered off of. But in a way....I don't want to be bothered with them again and at this point there's nothing they could do for me. But believe me, when someone stops and asks about my car...I'm sure to mention the dealership I originally ordered from...and I tell them to stay the heck away from them...nothing but a bunch of idiots. I figure if I can cost them a few car sales...I'll be satisfied.

It's about time....I bet you will be glad to get this over with. It's funny how hard it is to buy these cars sometimes. Seems like half of us just walk in and it's no big deal, and the other half have to put some work into it.

I feel like this huge load has been lifted off me and I am getting my excitement back about the car. I don't hold any hard feelings towards the Dealership and hope they continue to do well. I am just glad the ordeal is finally over and I will have a car tomorrow. When I got that last update that the car did not leave the factory till 8/13 and the new ETA was now the first week of Sept. I was absolutely crushed.

I don't think my poor wife could have handled another three weeks. :doh::doh: :mad: :mad:

She is looking forward to having me drive out of town for the day.

Good Night Guys

Steve

WarEagle, glad your getting your car. Right on. 2nd2none..I had a bad experience with Galpin as well. Well, they had the first grabber blue/red in the west coast and wanted 18k over MSRP! I laughed. They tried selling me a white with red as well. Which I'm sure is still sitting in their showroom! The grabber/red did actually sell for about 68k. They are crooks!

• 1 month later...
WarEagle, glad your getting your car. Right on. 2nd2none..I had a bad experience with Galpin as well. Well, they had the first grabber blue/red in the west coast and wanted 18k over MSRP! I laughed. They tried selling me a white with red as well. Which I'm sure is still sitting in their showroom! The grabber/red did actually sell for about 68k. They are crooks!

Hi Guys,

So where do I go to get a decent deal on one...?

Can't seem to get anyone to go below sticker with the color combo I want, and Winter is almost here...

quote name='gt320' date='Sep 19 2009, 09:50 PM' post='807163']

Hi Guys,

So where do I go to get a decent deal on one...?

Can't seem to get anyone to go below sticker with the color combo I want, and Winter is almost here...

What color combo are you lookin for?

Prefer Kona Blue, Silver Stripes, Convertible, Nav

Archived