TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Auctions to start on the GT-H Soon.

Toms

From Autoblog.com

An anonymous tipper has just informed us that Hertz will be auctioning off a large batch of its very exclusive rental car, the Shelby Mustang GT-H, to Ford dealers from Thursday, December 7th through December 21st. If we understand our source correctly, six auctions will occur around the country beginning in Manheim, PA, then moving to Hayward, CA; Denver, Colorado; Atlanta, Georgia; Fontanca, CA; and finally back to Manheim, PA. 113 models of the Shelby GT-H, all used as rental cars, will be auctioned off in total, with each auction getting 15 - 20 units to sell.

Dealers who score a GT-H have their choice of driving around in a very rare modern collectible, using the car as showroom eye candy at their dealerships, or even potentially selling the car at a price that will certainly be unreasonable. If you're a Mustang fan, however, and really want a GT-H, petition your local Ford dealer to attend one of these auctions and get you one at all costs.

TomS

The first auctions in PA are done and the first Shelby-H went for $90,000 and the car had 3,000 miles. The next 8 Shelby's dropped to between $60,000 and $65,000. The highest mileage was in the 10,000 range with most around 7,000. The next auction is scheduled for Hayward, CA next Wednesday.

TomS

Speaking of which....

Here's another one on ebay right now, buy now for $65,888 :drop: , more reasonable (but still high) than the first few:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...056963003QQrdZ1

Bidding just began...

And another that has only 4822 miles at $65,000 with 4 days left :finger: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...059574671QQrdZ1

This entire Shelby Marketing scheme is genius! every 6 months for the last 2.5-3 years they have teased and released a little bit of something. It is almost like dating in High school!! of course the first 5 Hertz cars sold big. thats why only 5 were released. now they have a $60K reserve on them so if you want one, plan on at least that as your number. and they will be sold in dribs and drabs all around the country (ever wonder why they were spread so far and wide in the first place?? nopw you know!) but this whole 40th anniversary GT500 package, the new Shelby GT, etc etc parts and exclusives etc all the got to haves once you commit is Marketing 101 at it's best! they will be cashing in big for the next couple years!!

This entire Shelby Marketing scheme is genius! every 6 months for the last 2.5-3 years they have teased and released a little bit of something. It is almost like dating in High school!! of course the first 5 Hertz cars sold big. thats why only 5 were released. now they have a $60K reserve on them so if you want one, plan on at least that as your number. and they will be sold in dribs and drabs all around the country (ever wonder why they were spread so far and wide in the first place?? nopw you know!) but this whole 40th anniversary GT500 package, the new Shelby GT, etc etc parts and exclusives etc all the got to haves once you commit is Marketing 101 at it's best! they will be cashing in big for the next couple years!!

Yea, the are cashing in on me with the mods to the Shelby GT...

I'm still making my list and it gets longer each time I check what they have.

:stats: :hyper:

• 4 weeks later...

I did notice that even on the notorious ebay, the prices (buy it now, bids, and reserves) are declining. Not a bad thing as I think they were unrealistic to begin with.....

Keep buying those options, Mil!

Wish I had stock in the place... :hysterical2:

Anyone knows when the next batch of GT-H will be auctioned by Hertz? :sos:

Anyone knows when the next batch of GT-H will be auctioned by Hertz? :sos:

These are for Ford dealers only. Don't know the next date, but if I find it I will post it here. They are happening in different locales. From everything I understand, the last batch auctioned did not do as well, with a number of them not meeting the reserve that was set (I am sure it was sky-high), so I anticipate that the reserve should be lower to adjust for more realistic market value. How that translates on dealer lots could be another story, but I believe there should be some adjustment there as well. Hope this helps.

Oh, and welcome to the board! :banana piano:

These are for Ford dealers only. Don't know the next date, but if I find it I will post it here. They are happening in different locales. From everything I understand, the last batch auctioned did not do as well, with a number of them not meeting the reserve that was set (I am sure it was sky-high), so I anticipate that the reserve should be lower to adjust for more realistic market value. How that translates on dealer lots could be another story, but I believe there should be some adjustment there as well. Hope this helps.

Oh, and welcome to the board! :banana piano:

Thanks Crispy for the response. I have been actively trying to find one at a decent price - unsuccessful so far. I will keep reading the post.

Thanks Crispy for the response. I have been actively trying to find one at a decent price - unsuccessful so far. I will keep reading the post.

Here's what I just found on the shelbyautos.com's Forum :

manhiem p.a. auction is listing 22 more gt-h cars to be dealer auctioned on 1/18. mileage range is 8-13k. it will be interesting to see what they bring this time. any bets?

Depends on the reserve.

I think, if I remember correctly, the last auction had a reserve of $60k, and most did not go anywhere but back on the truck. I think dealers are realizing that street prices (retail) are not pie-in-the-sky as many had hoped.

The way I look at it is:

How many "normal" rentals with this mileage from Hertz sell for even near MSRP after 1 year of beatings? That would be a dream. If most "normal" rental cars see 50%-75% of MSRP, that's pretty normal. Granted, this isn't a "normal" car, but what did they want for reserve on these??? 150% of MSRP. :doh::hysterical:

Granted, the car is rare, but they should have consdered the facts:

- You can order a new one for less money;

- New ones have not been beaten;

- New ones are available in 2 colors, and a stick;

- Rarity is nice, but these are not differentiated (in performance) from factory-new Shelby GTs-- in fact the -H is less of a performer due to: Traction control, No stick, no optional rear ratios.

- You cannot upgrade the -H and keep it stock (ie: Supercharger, 20" Wheels, Bear Brakes). In fact, you could add all these items to the Shelby GT and still get it for less than the wholesale reserve on these

So, I think that the auction co. & dealers are getting a long-awaited dose of reality. If the auction company does not lower the reserve (or Hertz, I do not know who is setting this), then I predict only 1-2 units, at most, will sell on this round. If they lower the reserve to $40k or below (don't forget, that's still more than $3k over MSRP Retail, when new), they will get alot more action, and they will move cars. They just have to decide if they want to sell 'em or have 'em collect dust. My .02

Archived