TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members Weekend '09 - Pictures

Shelby CS8

Re: This Venue...... The event was extraordinary, and by far one of the BEST events I have ever attended. Too include previously attended Corvette Club events.

Jason and Crew did an excellent job. The Registration Meeting at Crevier Classic Cars in Costa Mesa was awesome. What a place to meet, First Class all the way. Furthermore there was a free Continental Breakfast that was superb. Registration was simple and easy and the 281 Crew was most helpful.

The cruise on Angeles Crest Highway was great. If you have never been on this ride, it would behoove you to do so. As the scenery is really nice.

The ending spot was at Ritchie's Diner on Old Route 66. The silent auction was completed and the Car Show Awards were given out. This was a long event, but a GREAT event. I met new friends today and saw a lot of nice Shelby's.

If you have not attended this event, I would say you have missed something unique and would recommend attending next year.

Thanks again Jason for a wonderful event and day.

Don (Specter) Peterson

What a fantastic weekend, Jason and crew assembled the finest SoCal TS Members weekend yet. (I say and crew but I really mean Mrs 281 Motorsports April :wub: ) The crusie was awsome, Crevier Classics has some fantastic eye candy but the highlight for me was the Auto Club Speedway at Fontana today B) I have had my Shelby on lots and lots of racetracks in the last 20 years but this 'Big Oval' and it's 17 degree banks is where it's at IMO :rockon: The little 4 cylinder Shelby GLHS was making so much power, I had to LOWER the boost after the first track session to try and get more hook and less wheelspin. The new GT35 turbo makes me wait longer for boost but when it hits, holy sh..! :peelout:

I went home on a flatbed after the none-too-driver-friendly clutch let go, but I'm used to that :lol:

EDIT GRRRR! Pics won't load, I'll add them tomorrow when my eyes aren't so grainy and half open...

Here are 2 of my pics. that reformat for upload. I have more but they in RAW format which is to big to upload.

Jason,

I will drop off a CD copy for you when I come by to pick my part from the auction.

Sam

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Here are 2 of my pics. that reformat for upload. I have more but they in RAW format which is to big to upload.

Jason,

I will drop off a CD copy for you when I come by to pick my part from the auction.

Sam

One more

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Thanks everyone for the fantastic pictures!!! I will have to let the cat out of the bag so to speak. We need all of you to send us a CD of your images. Not only are we going to compile all the images onto one CD, but we are going to send them out to ALL the participants. We will also put together an OFFICIAL binded and bound hardcover memory book of the entire event for purchase at printing cost. But we need all your images ASAP. We will make a cut-off time of 8/26 to have your images included on the master cd and in the memory book. If you are a profeshional photographer, please include your logo on the CD for photo credits in the book.

Thanks, that was laggin' though. My best run of the day was 2:15......... I was trying hard to keep up with AKA Shelby, that friggin' guy blasts!!!

TS_pic.jpg

I should have been there with you Sunday. The double edged sword of having a job in retail.

Mike

PS Jason, What can I say. Awsome job from you and your crew. I bought the car to

socialize and anytime I get to hang out is precious.

TS_pic.jpg

Without a doubt the most fun I have ever had at a track event.

This was about the most I've ever pushed my Shelby.

Aug-16-2009-SpeedVentures2-Black113.jpg

This is such a bad ass picture! I think i looked at this like 20x's today! I just love the scene of hammering the accelerator and digging out of the turn! Awesome!!!

You know Dan in that pic you are really really close to lifting the front left wheel thru a combination of cornering G's and brute force acceleration! Amazing! 2:01 is moving

Alan

Archived