TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mis-information concerning Shelbys apparently runs rampant within Ford organization

usarockit

Got a call from the dealer today updating me on the delivery date. He said that he checked with a zone manager and was told that my Shelby will not be here before my trip out west on the 29th because all Shelbys are build as Mustangs and had to be sent out to be fitted as Shelbys which would take approximately two more weeks.

When I told him that they were built at Flat Rock and NOT sent to Shelby this year, he seemed surprised. I asked him to check my build date as it was supposed to be built on the 12th. He agreed and then sent me an email showing that Ford actually completed the build on the 13th. I told him that the car was supposed to be coming via convoy. He asked how I knew this. I then gave him the Ford Direct url (with my VIN) to see the window sticker for himself.

At this point I have no concrete information as to delivery. All I know for sure is that Ford CS told me that the car would be built on the 12th of August and delivered on the 22nd. The car WAS completed on the 13th.

Still hoping to receive my Shelby before the 29th.

We'll just have to wait and see and hope Ford CS is right...

Yeah...as with most companies these days...a lot of times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. There's no communication and the customers are caught in the middle. Obviously, the Zone Manager doesn't know too much either. I think only the supersnake cars have to get sent out this year.

I would not give up on having the car before you leave for the trip..it is a tight window however that you have between build date and the trip date.

Hope you get it soon.

When I told him that they were built at Flat Rock and NOT sent to Shelby this year, he seemed surprised.

You do realize its just not this year but the previous years as well were not sent to Shelby's facility in Vegas.

Sounds like your dealer is just buying time and 9 of 10 times the customer never questions their "story" so his surprise was mor of why his story didn't work with you.

Steve

Yeah...as with most companies these days...a lot of times the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. There's no communication and the customers are caught in the middle. Obviously, the Zone Manager doesn't know too much either. I think only the supersnake cars have to get sent out this year.

I would not give up on having the car before you leave for the trip..it is a tight window however that you have between build date and the trip date.

Hope you get it soon.

Thanks, Burning Blue. I originally planned on taking Mr. Mustang on the trip since I was initially (in June) told that delivery was expected to be mid-Sept. However, when CS told me that Aug 22 was delivery day, I got my hopes up.

If I DO find out that the Shelby will not be here by the 28th for sure, I guess that I have no choice but to fit Mr. Mustang with those new discs and Brembos that are sitting in the garage waiting to be put on. I was hoping to put that job off until the Fall - but, oh well..

Thanks, Burning Blue. I originally planned on taking Mr. Mustang on the trip since I was initially (in June) told that delivery was expected to be mid-Sept. However, when CS told me that Aug 22 was delivery day, I got my hopes up.

If I DO find out that the Shelby will not be here by the 28th for sure, I guess that I have no choice but to fit Mr. Mustang with those new discs and Brembos that are sitting in the garage waiting to be put on. I was hoping to put that job off until the Fall - but, oh well..

This is the

Archived