TEAM SHELBY FORUM

seats

Torched10

I havent treated my seats yet because im not sure what theyre made of.The manual says leather trimmed--does anyone know what that means.If you use vinyl treatment on leather it leads to cracking.Looks like the trim around the inserts is leather,and the inserts are vinyl,but not sure--thanks

I havent treated my seats yet because im not sure what theyre made of.The manual says leather trimmed--does anyone know what that means.If you use vinyl treatment on leather it leads to cracking.Looks like the trim around the inserts is leather,and the inserts are vinyl,but not sure--thanks

Don't have a 10 GT500 , but I treat my 06 GT's cheap leather with Meguiars Leather treament wipes twice a year and they look brand new. I would not use an Armor All on your seats.

Don't have a 10 GT500 , but I treat my 06 GT's cheap leather with Meguiars Leather treament wipes twice a year and they look brand new. I would not use an Armor All on your seats.

I love Meguiars products--good point.thanks

typically the surfaces that touch your body are leather, and the remainder is vinyl. I also use the Mequiars leather wipes on my seats, which has always worked well for me.

Second that, especially the Youtube noob dealer who falsified at least 4 facts on the car he was selling.

Also on a side note. On my old lightning (2001) The seats where almost competley made of this. So for the drivers seat it would get a little wear and tear. So if you start to see the stuff getting fuzzy all you need to do is use a electric razor.

Alan

Also on a side note. On my old lightning (2001) The seats where almost competley made of this. So for the drivers seat it would get a little wear and tear. So if you start to see the stuff getting fuzzy all you need to do is use a electric razor.

Alan

on the 2010 the "suede"is only in parts of the bolsters,so most of it is leather from what i can get from the replies.I think the inserts are vinyl.Guess if i use leather conditoer on vinyl it wont be an issue,so Ill treat them both the same--thanks

I love Meguiars products--good point.thanks

I second the Meguiars leather wipes they do a great job. Check out my photos and look at my seats after I treated them with the wipes. zoom-in on the seat photos

I second the Meguiars leather wipes they do a great job. Check out my photos and look at my seats after I treated them with the wipes. zoom-in on the seat photos

They look great,sp does the car.Dumb me, i didnt realize that the 19 wheel are different than the verts.Mine are a slate grey,your look like polished aluminum.

They look great,sp does the car.Dumb me, i didnt realize that the 19 wheel are different than the verts.Mine are a slate grey,your look like polished aluminum.

I initially used the Meguires leather conditioner lotion and then come back over with the wipes and it really gives the seats a great look and feel. Actually the rims are grey also they match the Sterling grey real well. Try the meguires rubber and vinyal shine on exterior trim, under the hood, trunk and interior. It works really well also. l

I initially used the Meguires leather conditioner lotion and then come back over with the wipes and it really gives the seats a great look and feel. Actually the rims are grey also they match the Sterling grey real well. Try the meguires rubber and vinyal shine on exterior trim, under the hood, trunk and interior. It works really well also. l

I did 2 test areas,one with Meguiars,the other with Lexol.Let them dry and liked the Lexol,came out a little flatter in appearance,at least to my eye.We'll see how it holds up,but Ive used it before on soft leather and it worked fine.Ive used the Meguairs vinly/leather and it works well--i use Back to Black on exterior trim, seems to hold up a little longer,but its a little shiny for interior for me, so use the Meguairs there

I did 2 test areas,one with Meguiars,the other with Lexol.Let them dry and liked the Lexol,came out a little flatter in appearance,at least to my eye.We'll see how it holds up,but Ive used it before on soft leather and it worked fine.Ive used the Meguairs vinly/leather and it works well--i use Back to Black on exterior trim, seems to hold up a little longer,but its a little shiny for interior for me, so use the Meguairs there

Bob

How were the seats after the Lexol, were they slick? I noticed you said they were flatter, so you don't like the shine?

Also is the Lexol a Cleaner/Condition or what?

Thanks

Todd

Bob

How were the seats after the Lexol, were they slick? I noticed you said they were flatter, so you don't like the shine?

Also is the Lexol a Cleaner/Condition or what?

Thanks

Lexol is a conditoner--it keeps the seats from cracking over time,and usually has a very muted appearance,not slick at all after it dries for a couple days--its absorbed into the leather pretty much.They have both a cleaner and a condtioner.Youd use the cleaner on older seats,or on a couch etc--then put on the conditioner.In this case only the conditioner on new seats.The new seats have a slight slate look new,and i was looking for a darker shade,almost black.After a couple days now,they look perfect for what i was trying to do, a flat black kind of matte finish.Plus i had noticed that finegrprints were soiling the finish--body olis are not good for leather.When you get your car,ill show you.Id wait a month or so to let the leather breathe a bit beofre applying.

The very best thing you can do for your leather is to keep it CLEAN.

A white cloth and a spray bottle with some water in it will do this just fine.

Simply spray down the seats with a light coat and wipe them dry.

I spray my seats down after every use.

If you do this you'll win 90% of the battle. Sweat and dirt on your seats that gets ground in every time you get in/out of the car is what causes the majority of wear. So keep 'em clean.

For products, I would recommend either Leathermaster or Leathertique. Both are VERY good and those are the only ones I would use on my car or a customers car (I've been detailing for about six years now)

Once a month I do a cleaning with Leathermaster's Strong Cleaner.

After the cleaner I use Leather Master's protection cream.

Whatever product you use, make sure you don't overapply and use too much. In other words if your seats are "greasy" from the product then you have used too much.

All that extra product which is left on the leather and not absorbed will only serve to trap more dirt and will damage your seats more than if you had used no product at all :)

Archived