TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ARRRRGGGGGG.....Late Delivery

War Eagle

I just talked with Ford Customer Service and was told now my delivery date is 8/29 or later. The car has been built and is ready to ship. The original date was 8/23 then 8/20 then 8/21 and now 8/29.

The car has been lost in "The Michigan Triangle" (similar to the the Bermuda Triangle).

Can't get the Dealer to call me back. I have just about had it with the "Waiting Game". This stopped being fun a little while ago.

I called Riverside Ford in Macon and offered to buy the Red one they have on Ebay and the Sales manager told me that the Owner told him not to stop the auction for anyone. The Sales manager then told me if it did not meet reserve they "might" give me a call back. I told the Sales Manager that their auction had one day left, the car had no reserve on it and they were about to sell it for invoice. It got real quite and then he asked me to bid on it. I told him no way and that I hoped the guy got it at invoice.

Steve

Sorry to hear about the extended wait for shipping War Eagle. I know it's tough...but I would just keep repeating to myself that "I will have this car". Just a matter of when. And as you are probably aware there are times when the car shows up earlier than expected.

Lots of GT500's on ebay at the moment - at least 18 of them...wow.

Sorry to hear about the extended wait for shipping War Eagle. I know it's tough...but I would just keep repeating to myself that "I will have this car". Just a matter of when. And as you are probably aware there are times when the car shows up earlier than expected.

Lots of GT500's on ebay at the moment - at least 18 of them...wow.

Yea....they keep popping up everyday on Ebay.........so much for the "only 2000 being made". The extended wait sucks......but as for me, it is looking like mine should be arriving in mid September. My birthday is Sep 15 ---- what an awesome gift to myself that would be!!!!!!!!

Yea....they keep popping up everyday on Ebay.........so much for the "only 2000 being made". The extended wait sucks......but as for me, it is looking like mine should be arriving in mid September. My birthday is Sep 15 ---- what an awesome gift to myself that would be!!!!!!!!

A lot of them are the same cars over and over until the dealer either gets what they want or gives up.

Hang in there. I know it must be frustrating, but after all the time you have been waiting, in a couple more weeks you'll be driving in style!

BTW, Go Dawgs! I do hope you guys win the west. Those 'bama fans are getting pretty obnoxious!

War Eagle,

Here's my latest status from the source:

"Tom,

I just checked your order early this morning. Our systems show that it's still in a Bucked status. However, I believe that it is produced and still sitting at the plant...being checked over (quality and such). I'm really hoping by tomorrow (or even this weekend) that it will be "released from the plant" so that I can do my job to get it moving for you.

That's all I have at the moment."

War Eagle,

Here's my latest status from the source:

"Tom,

I just checked your order early this morning. Our systems show that it's still in a Bucked status. However, I believe that it is produced and still sitting at the plant...being checked over (quality and such). I'm really hoping by tomorrow (or even this weekend) that it will be "released from the plant" so that I can do my job to get it moving for you.

That's all I have at the moment."

Any way I could get your source to check on mine 1ZVBP8JS7A5139711 it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks waiting is killen me

I know how you feel. All of this aggravation and waiting since 5/29, the problems and continued setbacks are taking a toll on me and my enthusiasm for the car.

What I have finally been able to discern out of this mess is that the car was not even released from the factory untill 8/13, even though it had a build date of 8/06. It is now sitting waiting for "shipping consolidation". The earliest projected rail arrival in the Mobile area is Saturday night after midnight 8/29 and maybe to the Dealer sometime between 9/1 and 9/3. Of course all of that is contingent on the car being shipped yesterday. The longer it waits to board a train the delivery date gets pushed further back. I could be looking at the 2nd or even the third week of Sept.

The problem is every time I get a glimmer of hope that the car is coming I get bad news and another delay. The honest truth is no one sems to know when if ever the car will actually be shipped, how long it will be enroute, and when if ever it will actually arrive at the Dealership. Further compounding the problem is the evasiveness of the Sales manager at the Dealership when I call him once a week. He never has any information, says he is busy, will look it up and then never, ever calls back. I guess if I were buying a focus with a cash for clunker deal I might be able to get some information.

Thanks Guys,

Steve

I know how you feel. All of this aggravation and waiting since 5/29, the problems and continued setbacks are taking a toll on me and my enthusiasm for the car.

What I have finally been able to discern out of this mess is that the car was not even released from the factory untill 8/13. It is now sitting waiting for "shipping consolidation". The earliest projected rail arrival in the Mobile area is Saturday night after midnight 8/29 and maybe to the Dealer sometime between 9/1 and 9/3. Of course all of that is contingent on the car being shipped yesterday. The longer it waits to board a train the delivery date gets pushed further back. I could be looking at the 2nd or even the third week of Sept.

The problem is every time I get a glimmer of hope that the car is coming I get bad news and another delay. The honest truth is no one sems to know when if ever the car will actually be shipped, how long it will be enroute, and when if ever it will actually arrive at the Dealership. Further compounding the problem is the evasiveness of the Sales manager at the Dealership when I call him once a week. He never has any information, says he is busy, will look it up and then never, ever calls back. I guess if I were buying a focus with a cash for clunker deal I might be able to get some information.

Thanks Guys,

Steve

Steve,

I am right there with you. I ordered my car 3/18 and got the Vin around Memorial Day with a scheduled build of the week of 6/4 it showed as built on 6/16 with ETA of 7/7. The car finally shipped on 7/19 by car hauler to Fostoria, OH and then by rail to Newark, NJ where it arrived on 7/25. New ETA of 8/4. It is now 8/14 and the car has not moved from Newark, NJ - Ramp 41. No one seems to know anything. As you have said, I am losing enthusiasm for the car and my frustration level is getting to the point where my wife and children don't really want to talk to me (This part may be a blessing). I was planning to take a picture of my empty garage tonight and post the picture as a pic of my new shelby in the coveted invisible color a 2010 exclusive color.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Jim

Steve,

I am right there with you. I ordered my car 3/18 and got the Vin around Memorial Day with a scheduled build of the week of 6/4 it showed as built on 6/16 with ETA of 7/7. The car finally shipped on 7/19 by car hauler to Fostoria, OH and then by rail to Newark, NJ where it arrived on 7/25. New ETA of 8/4. It is now 8/14 and the car has not moved from Newark, NJ - Ramp 41. No one seems to know anything. As you have said, I am losing enthusiasm for the car and my frustration level is getting to the point where my wife and children don't really want to talk to me (This part may be a blessing). I was planning to take a picture of my empty garage tonight and post the picture as a pic of my new shelby in the coveted invisible color a 2010 exclusive color.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Jim

Holy Cow Jim, I guess the moral of this story is what ever you do don't order a car, just buy one off a Dealer lot. I bought my 2009 GT500 off the lot by phone and they delivered it to me the same day two hours away.

Steve

Holy Cow Jim, I guess the moral of this story is what ever you do don't order a car, just buy one off a Dealer lot. I bought my 2009 GT500 off the lot by phone and they delivered it to me the same day two hours away.

Steve

I have been looking around to see if the same car exists and there are a few on lots not too far away. Only problem is I ordered the car, agreed on a price and I said I would buy it. I never put up, or was asked for a deposit. It was basically a handshake deal. I can't go back on my word so I will just have to wait.

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Jim

What the :censored::censored: . Car was to be delivered today. Heres a surprise IT WAS NOT. Called customer service and now they tell me ETA is 8-16-09 :banghead: which is a sunday????? Last sunday my car was in Buffalo and today when i called they said they didn't know where it is :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well have a good weekend everyone i'm leaving to go drink some beer. LOTS OF IT. Maybe next week

Well have a good weekend everyone i'm leaving to go drink some beer. LOTS OF IT. Maybe next week

That is the most sensible suggestion I have heard all day. Remember, no matter what time of day it is where you are, it is happy hour somewhere.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Jim

That is the most sensible suggestion I have heard all day. Remember, no matter what time of day it is where you are, it is happy hour somewhere.

Have a good weekend!

Regards,

Jim

Jim being born in the Bronx,i learned money talks when it comes to service.Have you thought about driving over to wherever car hauler/train yard its sitting in,talk with the dispatcher,and give him a C-note if he ships that car within 24 hours.Give him 50 on the spot,and a future dated check (so you can cancel it if he doesnt come thru) for the rest.Good luck

Jim being born in the Bronx,i learned money talks when it comes to service.Have you thought about driving over to wherever car hauler/train yard its sitting in,talk with the dispatcher,and give him a C-note if he ships that car within 24 hours.Give him 50 on the spot,and a future dated check (so you can cancel it if he doesnt come thru) for the rest.Good luck

Yes, I was considering a little drive over there over the weekend with a slightly different scenario in mind. The dealer I am picking the car up from is a friend of mine (LM dealer not Ford) so he gave me a dealer plate, so I was going to go over, slip a C to the guy, slap the plate on the car and drive it out, but just got a call from him and the car is on the hauler and they are trying to reach out to the driver to see where he is, so today might be my lucky day, I should probably play mega millions today too.

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Jim

What the :censored::censored: . Car was to be delivered today. Heres a surprise IT WAS NOT. Called customer service and now they tell me ETA is 8-16-09 :banghead: which is a sunday????? Last sunday my car was in Buffalo and today when i called they said they didn't know where it is :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok i cant win. I held tru to my statement and went and drank beer yesterday after hearing my car was going to b delayed. WELL GUESS WHAT. My salesman called yesterday around 4pm and said my car was sitting on the truck that just pulled in :finger: . I just cant win (didnt pick up yesterday due to beer). Oh well today is the day at last. nothing for me today but :shift::shift:

Archived