TEAM SHELBY FORUM

steering wheel bump

Torched10

Just finished doing my monthly detailing ,inside and out and noticed a bump/crack in the steering wheel center hub,just above the cobra emblem.Looks like a screw may be working itself back up thru the plastic.Have any of you guys seen this--am i just being paranoid,and they all have this--ill post a pic later when i pull the car in the light.PS--Michael can any dealer look at this,or should i make the drive to Perry

heres a pic of the crease.It was tough to get a shot that shows the contrast,but i markd the area.It actually rises from the plane of the hub,like a bump/crease

post-24281-1250184559_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1250184559_thumb.jpg

Just finished doing my monthly detailing ,inside and out and noticed a bump/crack in the steering wheel center hub,just above the cobra emblem.Looks like a screw may be working itself back up thru the plastic.Have any of you guys seen this--am i just being paranoid,and they all have this--ill post a pic later when i pull the car in the light.PS--Michael can any dealer look at this,or should i make the drive to Perry

I didn't notice anything, but will take a closer look tonight.

It's a mold mark. To my knowledge it's on all of our cars--I think.

Used to do injection molding,and since this doesnt have any ridges to it,cant imagine a mold mark in thios place,and in that form,unless its a defetc in the mold--but why would they make product for a 50K that has an inherent mold mark.Seems to me theres seomthing under it thats forcing it up,because it wasnt there the first time i detalied the car

Guys, guys, that's where it splits when the air bag goes off. Calm down. Everything will be ok.

OK thats what the forum is all about--thanksSo the airbag is under the center hub of the wheel--makes sense

OK thats what the forum is all about--thanksSo the airbag is under the center hub of the wheel--makes sense

You'd think that they could make it a little less noticeable for us though. I wonder, is it the same steering wheel thats used in the GT and V6 models? Just stitched differently.

Archived