TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hill start

Torched10

I didnt realize til i had a good freind drive my car that our cars have a hill start feature.If your sitting at a light facing uphill,when the light turns,andyou depress the clutch,then take your foot off the brake, the computer will feed gas to the engine as your switching your brake foot to the throttle so you dont roll backwards--pretty cool

I didnt know this either!!!

Just got two more in. When I turn on the Superchargers I will try it out!

MM

My friend has a 2009 Challenger/Charger--dont recall which,and he said his car had it,so he tried mine and it worked the same way

MM

Yeah, but won't you have to drive two hours to find a hill somewhere? :hysterical:

Yeah, but won't you have to drive two hours to find a hill somewhere? :hysterical:

Heres some trivia on Atlanta that'll win you a beer--what is the second highest major city--Atlanta at 1050ft.Thats why it cools off every night here--high 93 low 65.So theres lots of hills here

Heres some trivia on Atlanta that'll win you a beer--what is the second highest major city--Atlanta at 1050ft.Thats why it cools off every night here--high 93 low 65.So theres lots of hills here

You never know what you can learn at Team Shelby. I guess the altitude would also explain the occasional snowfall.

Oops, sorry I'm discussing weather in the wrong forum...

MM

Michael - Sorry to hear you sold your SuperSnake. I know you loved that car and so did I! Maybe a 2011 SuperSnake next time?

Dave

My 07 SGT does that. I did not know what that was. I noticed when sitting on hill if I hold the brake and let out on the clutch until it starts to grab and choke the engine a bit, it will increase in RPM's and make take off much easier.

Of course with 4:10's how much easier can it get? :shift:

I had one for two years before I bought my 2010 GT500 and never knew about it. Don't remember reading about it in the owners manual either. But then again, I can't remember being stopped on any hills either.

What you talking about. I have not driven a stick in over 10 yrs. You want to see some funny shit, be at the dealer when I TRY and leave. lol

Let me know if you need a driver--ill show how to make a 1-2 shift LOL

I didnt realize til i had a good freind drive my car that our cars have a hill start feature.If your sitting at a light facing uphill,when the light turns,andyou depress the clutch,then take your foot off the brake, the computer will feed gas to the engine as your switching your brake foot to the throttle so you dont roll backwards--pretty cool

Sound a little strange to me. How does it actually work? Surely if the clutch is depressed, the engine is disengaged from the transmission and driveline, and therefore simply pumping extra gas to the engine wouldn't work? :headscratch:

I would think it more likely to perhaps work through the anti-lock braking system?

I can't replicate this feature. I've tried it on a few steep hills from a stop (while there's no one around)...I just start rolling down the hill...lol! In this article it states that the Shelby doesn't have this feature and that the only one to offer it is the Challenger. :headscratch:

Article Link

Oh well...no worries. :lurk:

I can't replicate this feature. I've tried it on a few steep hills from a stop (while there's no one around)...I just start rolling down the hill...lol! In this article it states that the Shelby doesn't have this feature and that the only one to offer it is the Challenger. :headscratch:

Article Link

Oh well...no worries. :lurk:

I only tried it on small hills,and it worked for me--guess there might be gradations of the feature--bob

Let me know if you need a driver--ill show how to make a 1-2 shift LOL

That's not the part I am worried about. Lol

God. A hope I don't do the chug-a-lug thing. Lol that will just be to funny.

I am sure wife will have video camera, so she will get the good first laugh. Lol

Archived