TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 too low to the ground??

melissa809

Hey guys...new here...Ihave a 2009 GT500...and a 2003 GT...I am looking to rent a garage in my area...and I found one....HOWEVER...the garage is in an alley....which is accessed via a street with a steep decline...I went there with my 03 GT and had no problems...i.e. the undercarriage and/or body didn't scrape the ground...however....because I keep my Shelby out of state...for now...I didn't get a chance to "test" the GT500.....I am assuming the Shelby sits lower than my GT?....does anyone have any input?..I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Melissa

I have a very steep driveway and there is no way to approach the garage at an angle. My 04 GT vert clears and my lowered 88LX clears. My 08 Shelby, which is not lowered, scrapes the diffuser on every exit/entry from the garage.

I have a very steep driveway and there is no way to approach the garage at an angle. My 04 GT vert clears and my lowered 88LX clears. My 08 Shelby, which is not lowered, scrapes the diffuser on every exit/entry from the garage.

Thanks for your time, guys...I passed on the garage...have lined up 2 more to look at...both on level ground

Welcome to TS and good luck! These cars are very low and with the protruding front splitter, seem even lower. How low is it? Check your GT 500 supplement to your owner's manual......says DO NOT take this car through automated carwashes.....tires too wide and too low not to damage something.....

Welcome to TS and good luck! These cars are very low and with the protruding front splitter, seem even lower. How low is it? Check your GT 500 supplement to your owner's manual......says DO NOT take this car through automated carwashes.....tires too wide and too low not to damage something.....

Thanks..yeah..I went throught the manual ..would never send this thing through an automated car wash, though...lol...my garage hunt continues...it is pretty dificult, actually....looked at one last night..would have to back up the long driveway and cut her in...plus the garage was a tight squeeze..in fact..practiced with my daily driver and hit the side mirror...lol

the search continues

Ouch!!!! Try and put a wood plank, like a 2" x 8" parallel to the driveway....it should help.

Good luck with your search Melissa. When I lived in Brooklyn and bought my 87GT, there were five attempts to steal it within the first year. That pushed me over the edge to move to the suburbs. Don't think I would be brave enough to drive my Shelby around the city unless I was Will Smith and carrying an AR-15 :D

Archived