TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody want a RACE CAR?

GT500_ROCKS

These will be the cars with the mega dollar bids 30 years from now at Barrett Jackson.

One already did. In January I think it went for $350K

In 30 years there won't be many, if any, left. Since they aren't street legal there isn't much of a use in having one unless you race it, and they are really monsters.

One already did. In January I think it went for $350K

In 30 years there won't be many, if any, left. Since they aren't street legal there isn't much of a use in having one unless you race it, and they are really monsters.

Imagine finding an all original, never raced CJ in 30 years with no miles on it? I can't think of much that'll outsell that from the current vintage Mustang.

Ken

I certainly don't have the money, but that is nothing short of a steal at that price. They weren't that easy to get in the first place and they are practically giving the car away. You would have to know some shady characters, but believe me, in Texas, you could always come up with an inspection sticker, registration, and insurance card to enable you to drive it on the street.

The one sold at Barrett Jackson was a prototype, hence the big price. Ron Pratt?

I have a feeling several of these cars are already tucked away. Almost like this one. If you look in the background that is not your average Ford dealership storage lot. The car appears to have been put away in someones collection, perhaps the dealership owners collection, and now plans have changed so cars up for sale.

If I recall didn't one Ford dealer purchase a good chunk of the 50 cars?

Steve

The one sold at Barrett Jackson was a prototype, hence the big price. Ron Pratt?

I have a feeling several of these cars are already tucked away. Almost like this one. If you look in the background that is not your average Ford dealership storage lot. The car appears to have been put away in someones collection, perhaps the dealership owners collection, and now plans have changed so cars up for sale.

If I recall didn't one Ford dealer purchase a good chunk of the 50 cars?

Steve

You are correct, and this is that dealer. This is also the last one he has of the 2008 models. He does have an extensive collection of cars, mostly old Mustangs and Shelbys. Rumor is he will be getting some of the 2010 Cobra Jets (FR500CJ) as well. Do a goggle on 2010 Cobra Jet and see all the information out there about them. Some of the 2008 models are running in the 9.74 range at 142 mph. The 2010 models will be meaner than the 2008. My guess is he is making room for a 2010 model.

You are correct, and this is that dealer. This is also the last one he has of the 2008 models. He does have an extensive collection of cars, mostly old Mustangs and Shelbys. Rumor is he will be getting some of the 2010 Cobra Jets (FR500CJ) as well. Do a goggle on 2010 Cobra Jet and see all the information out there about them. Some of the 2008 models are running in the 9.74 range at 142 mph. The 2010 models will be meaner than the 2008. My guess is he is making room for a 2010 model.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking that if I had to choose I'd probably go with the 2010 CJ.

Steve

Archived